↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > What the hell is wrong with some people?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 14 <123 ... 567 ... 121314>
Print this entire topic · 
Procta

United Kingdom 
90 Dreamer wrote:
Procta wrote:
This has happened on the other side of sunderland I am south of the river wear, this happened on the north side.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8...ocked.html

So its starting to kick off slowly Rolling Eyes

its not kicking off at all apart from in the dross reporting we have been dumbed down with over a number of years.....everything is a crisis or drama.........
Supermarkets are NOT struggling to stock their shelves but the 'news' bigging up a story is what is actually causing issues

might be your area Dreamer, Where i live sunderland, We had 30 people fight in the local B&Q, then the ram raid. But would be down to the fact, they cannot fight over foot ball Laughing yeah your right about stories been blew well out, that's what caused the panic buying. My friend who works in the NHS, he said Andy its not as major as it is, but that was a few weeks ago before the lock down. He blaimed the news for it . Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #822189 29th Mar 2020 11:53pm
90 Dreamer

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
I'm only on the other side of the hill, just sounds normal for some of the more mental bods on your side!! Razz

joking aside I firmly believe we need to be very careful about blowing things out of proportion or potentially exaggerating stuff as unfortunately most of the 'lemons' believe all of the hype at the best of times
Post #822216 30th Mar 2020 10:37am
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
It appears that Steven Kinnock is as stupid as his father or as they say the apple does not fall far from the tree after S. Kinnock decided to drive two hundred miles to wish his dad a happy birthday this weekend, what wrong with the phone Steven. The police slapped him with a £60.00 fine.

If people see MP's breaking the unnecessary journey rules some will think if he does it so will I. For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #822234 30th Mar 2020 12:02pm
shropshiredefender

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
For clarification
https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2020-03-30/...-birthday/
Not a very good "Role Model" Twisted Evil Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.
Post #822245 30th Mar 2020 12:29pm
Joe the Plumber

2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 HT Fuji White
The son of 'The Prime Minister in waiting', no less.

One of Maggie T's best ever ripostes: "It's going to be a very long wait!"

It does make me think a bit though. If I don't visit my frail 86 year-old mum (who lives four miles away) and is in the 12 week lockdown, she won't see anyone else at all. I justify it as looking after a vulnerable person, and I'm doing any shopping she needs, but I'm still not sure if strictly I'm actually allowed to.
Post #822248 30th Mar 2020 12:47pm
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
I am afraid you are between a rock and a hard place there, Joe. And you are not alone. By rights, we are not to do this, but I think that sometimes common sense has to prevail. If you feel well, she feels well (or as well as you do at 86), neither of you are taking unnecessary risks by mixing with others more than you absolutely have to (the supermarket), I think it could be worse for her by not visiting?
If you worked in the frontline of the NHS in ICU or you were working on some of those sites in London, or travelling on a underground train, that might be a different decision for you.
Driving 200 miles to see your Dad on his birthday when you are an MP is just being an arrogant selfish ******* as many of our members of parliament seem to be.
Post #822250 30th Mar 2020 1:06pm
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
Joe the Plumber wrote:

It does make me think a bit though. If I don't visit my frail 86 year-old mum (who lives four miles away) and is in the 12 week lockdown, she won't see anyone else at all. I justify it as looking after a vulnerable person, and I'm doing any shopping she needs, but I'm still not sure if strictly I'm actually allowed to.

Joe. You’re allowed to shop for essentials and take a solitary walk (or with household members) once a day. Why not choose a supermarket near your mum, do your shop, leave your car in the car park and walk to your mum, have a 15min chat through the window and then walk back. Can’t see you’re breaking any rule and you could do it without taking the p*** every third day. Thumbs Up Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #822259 30th Mar 2020 2:20pm
discomog

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Coronavirus Idiot
Red Bull motorsport boss Helmut Marko said he advised his drivers to become infected with coronavirus while the season is in hiatus.

The 76-year-old said he had the idea to bring his Formula 1 drivers and juniors together in a camp, which "would be the ideal time for the infection to come".

"They are all strong young men in good health. That way they would be prepared whenever the action starts," he said.

The rest of Red Bull management were against the idea, which was abandoned.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What a complete ar5e hol3. I think he must have gone to the same crackpot school in Austria as Adolf Hitler Defender 90XS SW
Mini Countryman Cooper S
Morgan Plus 8
Post #822278 30th Mar 2020 4:01pm
Whirly90

England 1993 Defender 90 300 Tdi HT Keswick Green
Joe the Plumber wrote:

I'm in the same position Joe, my dad is 75 and isolating on his own so somebody has to get his shopping for him. I buy what he needs and take it round, drop it on the doorstep, ring the bell and move back 4-5 metres before he comes out. We have a chat for 10 minutes with him in the hallway and me on the drive (not sure how that'll work out when it's raining Big Cry ). If i'm following the social distancing rules and staying well away from my dad then i don't see a problem, someone has to shop for him.
Post #822294 30th Mar 2020 5:06pm
90 Dreamer

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
No issue with that at all @Joe the Plumber @Whirly90 ......

People (including Plod) seem to be interpreting some of these recommends far too aggressively - can't see anyone taking issue with you driving to check on vulnerable peeps / I travelled approx 15miles round trip to get and deliver shopping to an old family friend that lacks any local family and would do every day if needs be
Post #822307 30th Mar 2020 5:44pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
I have a similar arrangement to support a vulnerable 93 year old. What other choice is there?
Post #822308 30th Mar 2020 5:44pm
diesel_jim

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 Td5 SW Epsom Green
Re: Coronavirus Idiot
discomog wrote:
Red Bull motorsport boss Helmut Marko said he advised his drivers to become infected with coronavirus while the season is in hiatus.

The 76-year-old said he had the idea to bring his Formula 1 drivers and juniors together in a camp, which "would be the ideal time for the infection to come".

"They are all strong young men in good health. That way they would be prepared whenever the action starts," he said.

The rest of Red Bull management were against the idea, which was abandoned.

Is this not just herd immunity, that was banded around last week and no one batted an eyelid?
Post #822309 30th Mar 2020 5:46pm
andydef90

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
took my 94 year old uncle some essentials yesterday i know most of the local police through work but still got stoped . to be fair once i said what i was up to it was fine . there just doing there job i suppose it has to be done Smile
Post #822314 30th Mar 2020 6:08pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
90 Dreamer wrote:
I'm only on the other side of the hill, just sounds normal for some of the more mental bods on your side!! Razz

joking aside I firmly believe we need to be very careful about blowing things out of proportion or potentially exaggerating stuff as unfortunately most of the 'lemons' believe all of the hype at the best of times

You are not wrong there pal, I live in the middle of two dodgy areas. The other side of the water ( north side) is where it was worse sadly. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #822387 30th Mar 2020 9:28pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
laugh is lads, you wouldn't think there is a lock down, the road I live on, is still just as busy as it was before lockdown. Rolling Eyes Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #822390 30th Mar 2020 9:30pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 14 <123 ... 567 ... 121314>