↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > What the hell is wrong with some people?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 14 of 14 <123 ... 121314
Print this entire topic · 
ZeDefender

Germany 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Baltic Blue
Sad to hear that Procta - hope his/her family has support. Tell someone you love them today because life is short.
But shout it at them in German because life is also terrifying and confusing...
Post #825283 14th Apr 2020 7:08pm
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Crazies still at it.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/202...SApp_Other WARNING.
This post may contain sarcasm.
Post #825350 14th Apr 2020 9:22pm
mick

England 2010 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Rimini Red
Tim in Scotland wrote:
I have parents over 90 years old living close by and neighbours in a similar age group, they were behaving as if nothing was unusal until I declined to “fix” my Dads Kindle that he uses to download The Daily Mail. He would insist on standing over me Coughing and sneezing while trying to watch what I was doing . His short term memory is bad And despite me writing down how switch off the Kindle he somehow presses on The Daily Mail App and deletes it.......... then remembers that he should have done as he was told and de-power it. This has been going on for over a week until on Saturday when he phoned me to say that somehow he couldn’t get the App for the Daily Mail on the screen again............. so I told him I would not come down and fix it because he didn’t seem to understand that he has to keep 6 feet or 1 fathom away (he’s an ex seafarer he does understand a fathom!) even those in your family and we are trying not just to protect us but to protect YOU from the virus and that he is supposed to be staying in his house or very close to it until mid/late June...............
20 minutes later my door bell rings - it’s my Dad with his darned Kindle - Oh i thought it would be safer if I came to your house than if you walked down to ours............... Fortunately I have a large conservatory with lots of bifold doors so I told him give me the Kindle , go round the back of the house and sit in the conservatory and enjoy the sun and I’ll do the stuff on the Kindle in another room. I was 2minutes in the other room when the door opened “I just want to see what you are doing so I don’t have to keep getting you to fix it.....” I got very angry with him told him to take his Kindle and don’t come back, don’t touch the screen to switch it off as it will go into sleep mode just leave it plugged into the changer when you aren’t using it (I had fixed it in the 2 minutes) ............. This morning 1030 my door bell rings.............. I gave up I screamed at him to go home don’t ever bring the Kindle to me again go on line yourself on your PC or Laptop and Google how to fix the problem. Sometime you have to be cruel to be kind. My next door neighbours who are in their late 80’s were horrified! That was encouraging ing my Dad to come up to my house and gave me an earfull too! I hate treating my parents in this way but I finally seem to have got the message through - he has at long found the shortcuts to the paper on the PC and Laptop that I put on them about 5 weeks ago when the Kindle problem started........... somehow they got there by magic, I didn’t know that Kindle could “talk” to my PC and Laptop“....

Safer back on your ship Tim Thumbs Up
Post #825370 14th Apr 2020 10:03pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
a few hours ago, there was a car chase up the road from me, They caught the Censored like, from what i saw from a friend, it looked like one of those old police camera action chases. 8 Police cars involved. The Censored had gone around an estate and then tried to get on to the main road, where the police had rammed the Censored to stop him. I was surprised that the police helicopter wasn't out. From talking with a few people, they knew the area very well. So its someone very local from my area. It was a golf that was nicked Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #825384 14th Apr 2020 10:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 14 of 14 <123 ... 121314