↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > What the hell is wrong with some people?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 13 of 14 <123 ... 121314>
Print this entire topic · 
rockster57

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Zermatt Silver
Procta wrote:
rockster57 wrote:

Click image to enlarge

Pair of used latex gloves seen discarded yesterday in Shipley Asda carpark. I’m assuming they’d served their purpose and no longer required. Whoever’s job it is at Asda to keep the carpark clean and tidy during these high risk times can pick them up and dispose of them correctly. What’s the problem with that! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

its the asda ace, sadly they are very limited on hours sadly, Even the porter will be cut down so they cannot do much ground maintenance, But customers really should be helping matters, as those could contaminate who ever picks those up. But sadly they don't, i have seen a car battery, that was changed and just left in the car park. My mate picked that up for me and i weighed it in. Got nearly a hours wage for it Laughing

Procta, I wasn’t having a go at Asda or their employees. It was the irresponsible selfish customer concerned that caused my despair.
Post #825106 14th Apr 2020 7:10am
ZeDefender

Germany 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Baltic Blue
I worked for a gardening/maintenance company for 6 months back in the 80s. We did pub grounds, supermarkets, council houses etc. cutting grass, sorting out rubbish heaps in gargens, cutting hedges etc. After just a few weeks, I came to the conclusion that certain people are just selfish, irresponsible and disgusting. I don't think even fear of the virus would change them Sad Tell someone you love them today because life is short.
But shout it at them in German because life is also terrifying and confusing...
Post #825107 14th Apr 2020 7:29am
Tim in Scotland

Coronavirus: Police stop family on 500-mile Lake District trip https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-52277535

I’m sorry but I have no sympathy for these idiots - a fine isn’t enough, their vehicles (this one plus any others their family own ) should.be removed from them and crushed, we are being too hands off with these idiots. Same should be done to the ex CMO for Scotland. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #825118 14th Apr 2020 8:54am
Joe the Plumber

2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 HT Fuji White
There was a report yesterday by a reporter out with a North Wales based police patrol car last Saturday. They stopped a chap on his motorbike near Llandudno out 'shopping', from his home in... Nottingham.

Of more immediate concern to me is Mr Oblivious in our Co-op this morning, who clearly had a different take on how long two metres is from my perception of it. I assume 2m = 2 feet...?

Grrrrr....
Post #825121 14th Apr 2020 9:11am
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Went to get some petrol for the lawn mower over the weekend and the BP is a M&S Simply Food so people buying food as well as fuel. The Guy in the front of the queue was oblivious to the poor woman on the till even though they had taped an area in front of the till. He didn’t seem to care where he was standing or how close. The lady on the till kept trying to keep her distance but was thwarted by the cigarette counter behind her.
I was quite shocked how little protection the lady in the petrol station was provided with. I thought they could have erected her a Perspex screen at the least.
Sadly, there are still a proportion of the population who believe it won’t happen to them or they can take a tablet and get over it like a bad cold.
I was having a discussion with a work colleague about Boris Johnson’s hospitalisation. He was saying how he is lucky that he will have the best Doctors and medication. He didn’t seem to understand that there is no medication, there is no magic bullet. Even if you are the Prime Minister or extremely rich. Money is of no use. It is a lottery. You maybe fast-tracked by the healthcare system, but there is still no better cure for you than the person who lives in social housing.
Post #825140 14th Apr 2020 9:56am
90 Dreamer

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
@Joe the Plumber , I have heard a good explanation of how to enforce the 2m "rule"

simply explain to them that its roughly 6ft in old money and thats the distance under the ground you may likely be
Post #825145 14th Apr 2020 10:25am
Joe the Plumber

Good idea that. He was completely oblivious and didn't even bother to reply when I (fairly vigorously) pointed out the 2m rule. All he wanted was his fags!
Post #825146 14th Apr 2020 10:34am
keith

Scotland 
Joe
It’s not just your CO-OP. I Put a complaint in about the same thing in my CO-OP also last week and it’s still the same.

Keith
Post #825152 14th Apr 2020 11:01am
Joe the Plumber

Our Co-op have been absolutely magnificent to be honest. I've always appreciated them being there, but during this crisis, they're essential to our village, and the staff all deserve a massive bonus when it's over. They have staff on the door, signs and floor tape all over the place and have kept us fed (and even in beer - vital!) all through this.

The problem is the tiny proportion of people who shop there but can't seem to get the gravity of the current situation into their thick heads.

Sorry for the rant. Given what has happened to so many decent people recently (my mum's cousin died of it two weeks back), anyone who could make it worse is not in my good books at all.
Post #825158 14th Apr 2020 11:17am
discomog

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
I agree Joe. This crisis has brought out the very best in the majority of the British public but like everything else there is always a very small minority that go against the flow. As you say there is still a minority who either have no respect for others or do not grasp the gravity of the situation.

I just hope we do not lift our lock down too early as it looks like the Hokkaido region of Japan is facing a second waive having lifted sanctions. They have now just declared a state of emergency. Defender 90XS SW
Mini Countryman Cooper S
Morgan Plus 8
Post #825162 14th Apr 2020 11:39am
Tim in Scotland

I have parents over 90 years old living close by and neighbours in a similar age group, they were behaving as if nothing was unusal until I declined to “fix” my Dads Kindle that he uses to download The Daily Mail. He would insist on standing over me Coughing and sneezing while trying to watch what I was doing . His short term memory is bad And despite me writing down how switch off the Kindle he somehow presses on The Daily Mail App and deletes it.......... then remembers that he should have done as he was told and de-power it. This has been going on for over a week until on Saturday when he phoned me to say that somehow he couldn’t get the App for the Daily Mail on the screen again............. so I told him I would not come down and fix it because he didn’t seem to understand that he has to keep 6 feet or 1 fathom away (he’s an ex seafarer he does understand a fathom!) even those in your family and we are trying not just to protect us but to protect YOU from the virus and that he is supposed to be staying in his house or very close to it until mid/late June...............
20 minutes later my door bell rings - it’s my Dad with his darned Kindle - Oh i thought it would be safer if I came to your house than if you walked down to ours............... Fortunately I have a large conservatory with lots of bifold doors so I told him give me the Kindle , go round the back of the house and sit in the conservatory and enjoy the sun and I’ll do the stuff on the Kindle in another room. I was 2minutes in the other room when the door opened “I just want to see what you are doing so I don’t have to keep getting you to fix it.....” I got very angry with him told him to take his Kindle and don’t come back, don’t touch the screen to switch it off as it will go into sleep mode just leave it plugged into the changer when you aren’t using it (I had fixed it in the 2 minutes) ............. This morning 1030 my door bell rings.............. I gave up I screamed at him to go home don’t ever bring the Kindle to me again go on line yourself on your PC or Laptop and Google how to fix the problem. Sometime you have to be cruel to be kind. My next door neighbours who are in their late 80’s were horrified! That was encouraging ing my Dad to come up to my house and gave me an earfull too! I hate treating my parents in this way but I finally seem to have got the message through - he has at long found the shortcuts to the paper on the PC and Laptop that I put on them about 5 weeks ago when the Kindle problem started........... somehow they got there by magic, I didn’t know that Kindle could “talk” to my PC and Laptop“.... Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #825186 14th Apr 2020 12:47pm
Joe the Plumber

Sometimes you have to be cruel to be Kindle....

My mum's central heating pump expired on Sunday and I 'm fitting her a new one tomorrow. I can guarantee, given the chance, she'll be looking over my shoulder all the time!
Post #825207 14th Apr 2020 1:48pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
rockster57 wrote:
Procta wrote:
rockster57 wrote:

Click image to enlarge

Pair of used latex gloves seen discarded yesterday in Shipley Asda carpark. I’m assuming they’d served their purpose and no longer required. Whoever’s job it is at Asda to keep the carpark clean and tidy during these high risk times can pick them up and dispose of them correctly. What’s the problem with that! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

its the asda ace, sadly they are very limited on hours sadly, Even the porter will be cut down so they cannot do much ground maintenance, But customers really should be helping matters, as those could contaminate who ever picks those up. But sadly they don't, i have seen a car battery, that was changed and just left in the car park. My mate picked that up for me and i weighed it in. Got nearly a hours wage for it Laughing

Procta, I wasn’t having a go at Asda or their employees. It was the irresponsible selfish customer concerned that caused my despair.

yeah i know you were not having a go at asda or their employees, Thumbs Up its the irresponsible selfish customer, i used to work for asda so i have had fare share of irresponsible, selfish, and nasty customers. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #825216 14th Apr 2020 2:03pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
I got some sad news late last night, that one of my work mates has died of this virus, Sad Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #825218 14th Apr 2020 2:08pm
shaggydog

United Kingdom 1991 Defender 110 200 Tdi USW Arles Blue
Very sad to hear that Procta you have my sympathies. Running Restoration Thread http://www.defender2.net/forum/post323197.html#323197

Self confessed mileage hunter Very Happy
Post #825258 14th Apr 2020 5:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 13 of 14 <123 ... 121314>