↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > What the hell is wrong with some people?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 12 of 14 <123 ... 11 121314>
Print this entire topic · 
Joe the Plumber

2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 HT Fuji White
Dragging us back to the UK for a moment if I may, would metal detecting in a local field be permitted in our current lockdown?

We saw two such chaps on our walk this morning and I wondered if, assuming it wasn't their field, they were risking a telling off from Constable Knapweed.*

*For the benefit of our younger and overseas members, a policeman character from an animated TV series from my youth called 'The Herbs'.
Post #824576 11th Apr 2020 1:06pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
We've had a bloke in one of the fields opposite doing the same every day this week ~ it's a large field. I wonder if it depends if you claim it as a job. 🤔
Post #824577 11th Apr 2020 1:10pm
Tim in Scotland

I was amazed to see not 1 but 2 moving vans pulling up the drive to the property behind my house this morning - I thought we were not supposed to be moving houses at this time? Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #824578 11th Apr 2020 1:12pm
ZeDefender

Germany 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Baltic Blue
I was in a (German) supermarket today where there are only two narrow passageways from one part to another. In one passageway, two blondes wearing facemasks had parked their trolleys on either side and were standing in the middle giggling and touching each other. Apparently facemasks make you immune to everything. They were really snotty when I asked them to move Rolling Eyes Tell someone you love them today because life is short.
But shout it at them in German because life is also terrifying and confusing...
Post #824609 11th Apr 2020 5:33pm
Sulisuli

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
^ blondes are stupid at the best of times wearing a face mask just gives them an excuse Rolling with laughter 2015 HT XS 90
2008 SVX 90
2000 XS TD5 90
Post #824652 11th Apr 2020 8:07pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
ZeDefender wrote:
I was in a (German) supermarket today where there are only two narrow passageways from one part to another. In one passageway, two blondes wearing facemasks had parked their trolleys on either side and were standing in the middle giggling and touching each other. Apparently facemasks make you immune to everything. They were really snotty when I asked them to move Rolling Eyes

That was my pet hate when i worked in a supermarket, customers doing that sort for trick with the trolleys. I just started pushing trolleys out of the way after getting nick to death of people not listening to me, after i said excuse me there, Nice and polite. if i was in that situation what you were in, i would just grab one of the trolleys and shove it out of the way. Very Happy That what 15 years of working in a supermarket does to you. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #824706 12th Apr 2020 1:44am
ZeDefender

Germany 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Baltic Blue
Thumbs Up although you have to be careful, as the blondes can be quite vicious here Shocked

...at least they were muzzled... Tell someone you love them today because life is short.
But shout it at them in German because life is also terrifying and confusing...
Post #824714 12th Apr 2020 7:26am
rockster57

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Zermatt Silver

Click image to enlarge

Pair of used latex gloves seen discarded yesterday in Shipley Asda carpark. I’m assuming they’d served their purpose and no longer required. Whoever’s job it is at Asda to keep the carpark clean and tidy during these high risk times can pick them up and dispose of them correctly. What’s the problem with that! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Post #824745 12th Apr 2020 10:41am
90 Dreamer

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
The problem is Ignorance & Stupidity still abound even in times of crisis.......
Post #824750 12th Apr 2020 11:07am
andydef90

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
same at our local moggies and Aldi only commented on it yesterday while waiting to get in .I went to the local Tesco yesterday morning for my uncles shopping he is ninety five the lady who was on the door was getting some abuse from a young lad next to me he soon shut up when two guards told him to leave Laughing
Post #824831 12th Apr 2020 5:07pm
Doc P

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Firenze Red
I’m conscious that I don’t wish to appear hopelessly negative about the human species (given that I’ve spent the majority of my life trying to stop humans from dying or suffering) but I see, more and more, that these specimens now seem to abound in far greater numbers.

I’m just watching ‘Britain by Balloon’ in HD on channel 5. Stunningly beautiful scenery of The Lakes. I’ve just got in myself from walking the dogs by the river across the road (stunningly beautiful place too) and whilst there I collected a bag of dumped rubbish (sandwich wrappers, crisp packets, beer cans and their plastic ring packaging) and wondered what would make the scumbag who dumped this lot, having just had a nice picnic by the river (my river), stop and think about what they’ve done?

Our world doesn’t deserve to be abused by these sorts and neither do decent people. I don’t know what the answer is.
Post #824856 12th Apr 2020 6:49pm
90 Dreamer

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
As I get older I get a stronger belief in sterilisation.......... Embarassed
Post #824864 12th Apr 2020 8:00pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
ZeDefender wrote:
Thumbs Up although you have to be careful, as the blondes can be quite vicious here Shocked

...at least they were muzzled...

yeah my cousin married a german blonde and i have seen the aftermath of her vicious attacks Shocked Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #825092 13th Apr 2020 11:45pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
rockster57 wrote:

Click image to enlarge

Pair of used latex gloves seen discarded yesterday in Shipley Asda carpark. I’m assuming they’d served their purpose and no longer required. Whoever’s job it is at Asda to keep the carpark clean and tidy during these high risk times can pick them up and dispose of them correctly. What’s the problem with that! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

its the asda ace, sadly they are very limited on hours sadly, Even the porter will be cut down so they cannot do much ground maintenance, But customers really should be helping matters, as those could contaminate who ever picks those up. But sadly they don't, i have seen a car battery, that was changed and just left in the car park. My mate picked that up for me and i weighed it in. Got nearly a hours wage for it Laughing Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #825096 13th Apr 2020 11:52pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
andydef90 wrote:
same at our local moggies and Aldi only commented on it yesterday while waiting to get in .I went to the local Tesco yesterday morning for my uncles shopping he is ninety five the lady who was on the door was getting some abuse from a young lad next to me he soon shut up when two guards told him to leave Laughing

Laughing that brings back some funny memories, i remember a group of chavs were in the boyracer shed of a corsa, They thought they were class, parking in a disability car parking space. When one of the police officers who had come in to pick up a piece of footage. Told them to move, so they decided and made the car rev, just to be arsey, showing off its bit loud pipe. Funny thing was the shop was closed, so by the time they had parked up and got out of the car, the doors were locked Laughing Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #825098 14th Apr 2020 12:00am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 12 of 14 <123 ... 11 121314>