↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > 2020 Defender main discussion thread
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 59 of 351 <123 ... 585960 ... 349350351>
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

The car following the disguised SWB that could be a Vitara......... a Velar another of JLR’s less than successful recent launches in the last 3 years - supposed to be the car between Evoque and RRS that is bigger and more expensive than an RRS! Way too expensive at launch, sales flopped until lots of ex management cars with 10 miles in the odo and big discounts on the sticker price, started to filter onto the dealership forecourts Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #788370 23rd Aug 2019 10:24am
blackrangie

Australia 
Markb110

You say in ""

"The new Defender will suffer the issues of the current range, depreciation, high service costs, local mechanics wont touch it as they cannot afford the software from LR, second hand dealers wont want it on their forecourts, second hand buyers wont want to pay the extra car tax for being over £40k at new (even though a £40k car driven off the forecourt for the first time is then worth £35k), dealers are also saying that they have to do the AdBlue top ups as too much Adblue added is as bad as running out."

Hmm, we have a recent JLR product, 5 year warrsnty, 5 year serving free, sercing costs are killing us 🤣..AU is also bringing in legislation to ensure manufacturer data is avail to all independants. LR are slso rolling out SOTA, FOTA and support over the air according to some of the latest presentations, which can even avoid service centres all together.

"Americans and Aussies want 33 inch tyres as standard and then upgrade to 35's. LR have said that they are looking to partner with another manufacturer to possibly produce pickup / utilties however Mercedes have tried this (X Class) by re badging a Nissan Narvarar - having only sold 1,600 odd world wide they are stopping production."

Hmm ive never heard an aussie say that, news to me do you have an article to back that up? New defender will come with 32s, 34s without engineering would be more thsn enough considering it looks like it can do just about everything from the factory on 32s.
You only want tyres as big as you need, with the clearance of no pumkins and air susp, 32s are plenty, 34s may even be overkill.
LR have never said to my knowledge they want to partner with another manufacturer to produce pickups, that was reporter speculation from memory.
Unibodys can be made into pickups no problem, my tip is they are slready designed and even being tested.

"Jeep cant make enough Wranglers to meet demand, "one of the reasons is the image, the multitude of third party suppliers offering upgrades and parts and YouTubers that influence other users and potential buyers to the brand.
How can Land Rover match that - some celebrity chief, a tired ex footballer and a Khan monstrosity."

In America yes, everywhere else nobody wants them due to thier terrible safety, effeciency etc, LR outsell jeep in AU.

"It will look pretty when unveiled but base your expections on the current line up. Sell it before the warranty runs out, before the depreciation is greater that the costs of parts and repairs and if you are a second hand buyer in the future expect large repair costs or avoid. In my case i'll keep what i have...... "

Current lineup is great, i have one and an old classic, if its anything like the quality of what ive got now, im in!
Post #788385 23rd Aug 2019 1:35pm
blackrangie

Australia 
Tim, you say ""

"The car following the disguised SWB that could be a Vitara......... a Velar another of JLR’s less than successful recent launches in the last 3 years - supposed to be the car between Evoque and RRS that is bigger and more expensive than an RRS! Way too expensive at launch, sales flopped until lots of ex management cars with 10 miles in the odo and big discounts on the sticker price, started to filter onto the dealership forecourts"

Vitara, ive never seen a vitara as wider than a D5 with 3 accross seating, be lucky to fit 2 and a shifter.

Velar less than succesful 🤣 they are selling more velars than normal range rovers and almost twice as many as discovery 5s, also more than any jaguar product. Its not bigger than a sport, velar 558litres luggage, RRS 784litres luggage.

Lets stick to the facts.
Post #788388 23rd Aug 2019 1:50pm
diduan

Bulgaria 
If we look at the facts the new defender hits lots of the boxes: 32s, lockers, body armour, good geometry. I can already imagine how magazines praise its offroadability based on this facts. JLR wants the new defender to be something that the old wasn't : " Best4x4far". The LR marketing regarding the new defender is a bit too offensive for my taste. As a friend of mine said : " You don't like it because you are not the target group". Defender 110 SW MY2011 2.4tdci decat, no EGR
Jeep Wrangler YJ 1990 4.0. Front 78' Dana 60, Rear CUCV 14 bolt
Post #788393 23rd Aug 2019 2:42pm
blackrangie

Australia 
Yeah it seems spec wise like it will be a star

I can see it having also having

1 toone payload

150kg roof load

1 metre wading

Between 5 & 10sec 0-60(0-100)

Ecconomic options

Utilitarisn options

High end options

All the offroad kit you need from factory

Seating to suit most familys
Post #788394 23rd Aug 2019 3:18pm
Pilgrimmick

United Kingdom 
Just needs a price tag to suit all pockets😂 80" 1948
Lightweight V8
Bowler Tomcat
130 Station wagon
90 300tdi
(Santana PS10 pick up)
Range Rover L322 (Ful fat)
Post #788396 23rd Aug 2019 3:52pm
G4UJS

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Zermatt Silver
and 70 years to gain iconic status Very Happy
Post #788397 23rd Aug 2019 4:03pm
blackrangie

Australia 
According to JLRA it priced from volume buyers to high end.

As for icon status, that work has been done, its just evolved in 1 hit not incremental like other brands.
Post #788399 23rd Aug 2019 5:05pm
Naks

South Africa 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Alpine White
two weeks to go and still work going on

--
2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
2015 Range Rover Sport V8 Supercharged

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9
Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ
Post #788553 25th Aug 2019 2:18pm
blackrangie

Australia 
looks like high profile tyres and possible coils on the swb.

2 different LWBs as different roofs.
Post #788559 25th Aug 2019 3:10pm
blackrangie

Australia 
New Defender Lego Model in more detail.

Do i think there will be bolt on flares on the new defender, no i think that is just how Lego do wide fenders, but certainly there would be some clues here.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #788560 25th Aug 2019 3:14pm
deaallen

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Santorini Black
^^

Hoping someone releases instructions to make that lego model look more like the puma/series defenders
Post #788582 25th Aug 2019 6:34pm
Happyoldgit

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Struth, nearly 60 pages on and you lot are still chasing smoke and mirrors, pictures and videos of cammo'd something or others ... oh and Lego models.

And before any of you new lads here question my devotion to the green oval ... 40+ years and dozens on LR products personally paid for and owned by me should quell any questions with regard to that. This continual conjecture over the so called new Defender that has gone on since Adam was in his prime is a laugh. Steve.
Owned numerous Land Rover vehicles of all shapes and sizes over the decades.
Current Defender: A non tarts hand-bagged Puma 110 XS USW.

[Insert something impressive here such as extensive list of previous Land Rovers or examples of your prestigeous and expensive items, trinkets, houses, bikes, vehicles etc]

http://forums.lr4x4.com

I used to be Miserable ...but now I'm ecstatic.
Post #788583 25th Aug 2019 6:57pm
Mcfly1985

United States 
Regarding the new Lego images, zooming in now I think I do see headlamp covers after all. It was hard to see in the original LEGO leak (box cover). So, the real non-brick Defender will most likely have these rectangular shields. Not a fan yet. We’ll see.
Post #788614 25th Aug 2019 10:22pm
blackrangie

Australia 
Hey, happy

It passes the time whist we wait, if you think its a laugh, join in mate, you might find happiness nirvana Laughing
Post #788620 26th Aug 2019 12:00am
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 59 of 351 <123 ... 585960 ... 349350351>