↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > 2020 Defender main discussion thread
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 351 of 351 <123 ... 349350351
Print this entire topic · 
Philip

United Kingdom 
Absolutely - but they get attention and people talking about them, which is really the point.
Post #930350 19th Nov 2021 2:11pm
cyberhusky

Luxembourg 
I found where they got the idea for these Defenders:

https://shop.landrover.co.uk/land-rover-de...ngea-green
Quote:

“The adventurous spirit of Land Rover is expressed through the Icon Model’s characteristic form and attention to detail, while its simplicity gives a timeless quality to the design.”

MASSIMO FRASCELLA
Design Director - Land Rover

Click image to enlarge
 22MY Defender 110 (actual) | 10MY Freelander 2 (history) | 15MY Discovery Sport HSE (history)
Post #930402 19th Nov 2021 6:38pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
familymad wrote:
Supacat wrote:
I'm confused...

Do they think their competition is a Bowler Bulldog?

A bloke who doesn't look to be that good a driver, drives it completely unsympathetically and has to use lots of opposite lock ~ is the software that crap that it can't deal with those conditions?

Drive it like that regularly and I wonder how much of the damage will be covered under warranty?

Seems a very different approach to JLR of old...and maybe speaks more of their intended target market.

Mike Cross is a very very good driver ....

Click image to enlarge

Mike Cross has now left the building...

"the company is also saying goodbye to its legendary chassis guru Mike Cross, who’ll be retiring after 37 years with the business. Cross has held many roles across the business, most recently as Vehicle Targets and Sign-Off director and is widely acknowledged as being the man behind the world-leading blend of ride and handling that Jaguar and Land Rover products are renowned for."

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/jaguar/35715...ss-retires
Post #938613 21st Jan 2022 6:46am
Vintagepaul

2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Santorini Black
Matt Becker is the right man to replace him though, many years at Lotus and then more recently at Aston Martin.
Can't think of a car that they've built under his watch that doesn't handle or ride well.. 2015 Defender 90XS HT
Post #938617 21st Jan 2022 8:08am
Supacat

RDR wrote:
The ladder is one of my concerns I saw it flex on one of the early release videos and asked one of the guys who worked on the defender (not the ladder) at an event. He said it was designed to flex somewhat which will seem counter intuitive to some owner and had been tested with "big blokes" thousands of times". took it with a pinch of salt, its expensive and im sure here will be simpler options available after market. A fixed one down to the wheel will be an option i guess but that has safety implications.

Patent details for the ladder:

https://www.ipo.gov.uk/p-ipsum/Case/ApplicationNumber/GB1909711.2

Click image to enlarge
Post #938651 21st Jan 2022 12:04pm
Defendit..

Netherlands 
Nice D90 Vigili del Fuoco

Click image to enlarge
 No Mud flaps for my 90.!
-----------------------------------------
P300 S on air, adv.+ offroad pack, DRL+fog, Dinamica Suedecloth + Ebony headliner/Cross Beam- Many Mods..
Post #942159 12th Feb 2022 1:09pm
J77

Scotland 
Looks nice in Red, LR should really offer more solid body colours. 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #942163 12th Feb 2022 1:30pm
Supacat

I wonder if there's European Union funding as per the various Discovery sales in 2020?

https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic73382-45.html
Post #942166 12th Feb 2022 2:06pm
Supacat

umbertob wrote:
Seemingly a bit of good news there Naks, but I am sure someone is hard at work as we speak, to produce a chart with a bunch of funky red and blue lines that will show how such apparent sales success is yet again an unmitigated disaster from a historical, inflation-adjusted retail vs wholesale context, how targets are out of reach and trend is negative even accounting for the chip shortage, how the new Defender is savagely cannibalizing and kicking all its siblings - especially poor gorgeous assed Discovery - in the nuts while Jeep sold more Wranglers just yesterday afternoon at a single dealership in Nashville Tennessee than the Defender did worldwide during the latest quarter, and how, if you read that useless article backwards and between the lines, it's nothing but bad news yet again for the chronically disappointing, unreliable, underwhelming and underperforming new Defender, Land Rover and, in general, all of us morons who misguidedly bought into the hype and are driving one, thinking that we like it.

This you?

umbertob wrote:
Like I said above, in my experience 2.0.5 fixed almost nothing as far as the issues I was having with the infotainment system before. If anything, it seems to have made matters worse.

The problems are so many, so random, and affecting so many aspects of the system (phone/Bluetooth, Android Auto, music apps, navigation system, sat radio, car settings, connections), it's not even worth listing them all, but it's not just you and my guess is that your dealer's only line of defense at this time will be to perform a system reset and hope for the best, something you and I can do in our garage in 15 seconds, knowing tomorrow we'll probably have to do again (if not sooner.)

Pivi Pro has great potential once LR figures out the software and dozens of bugs affecting it, but in its current conditions it is an unmitigated disaster for anyone spending more than a few hours with it.

umbertob wrote:
The pervasiveness of gloomy threads such as this one and the "glass is always gonna be half empty when it comes to the new Defender" attitude... is the reason why I hardly stop by or post here anymore.

But rather:

umbertob wrote:
I learned to take everything from the sales staff at my dealership with a grain of salt.

umbertob wrote:
I am not holding my breath for the dealer to ever get back to me with the same answer. They've sold me the car, their work is done. They won't lift a finger for you or even bother reading the owner's manual

https://landroverforums.com/forum/2020-def...763/page6/
Post #942271 13th Feb 2022 8:12am
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Unacceptable to pick up on comments on another forum to start an argument here.  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #942330 13th Feb 2022 5:03pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 351 of 351 <123 ... 349350351