yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY20 110 P400 SE Defender
MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #849014 10th Aug 2020 11:35am
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
J77 wrote:
Don’t worry Simons got you covered Laughing

I did like that bit of kit ~ was going to look for a price of it later. Have a couple of panels on a quad that could do with fettling before minor cracks turn into parts falling off.
Post #849016 10th Aug 2020 11:44am
Supacat

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Sounds like they have almost as many braincells as Scottish sheep Sheep Sheep Sheep even the deer here are smarter and leap through the windscreen to minimise bodywork damage...........doesn’t do much for those in the front seats who get the antlers in their face though......

I'd take a sheep or even a deer any day ~ outback roos are huge.
Post #849017 10th Aug 2020 11:46am
J77

Scotland 
Supacat wrote:
J77 wrote:
Don’t worry Simons got you covered Laughing

I did like that bit of kit ~ was going to look for a price of it later. Have a couple of panels on a quad that could do with fettling before minor cracks turn into parts falling off.

Seems a handy bit of kit for today’s modern vehicles.

EDIT - https://vevor.co.uk/products/hot-stapler-a...gIq3vD_BwE

Amazon has the full kit
Plastic Welder Bumper Repair Kit Hot Stapler Plastic Welding Machine Car Body Fender Repair Tools with 700pcs Staples https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08279SWRT/ref...mFbWQS1990
Post #849021 10th Aug 2020 11:59am
Supacat

That Amazon link looks like the one he had with the plastic kit box. Might put it on my wishlist for Xmas. Thumbs Up
Post #849055 10th Aug 2020 1:58pm
Joe_80

J77 wrote:
Tim in Scotland wrote:
Supacat wrote:
Philm wrote:
There are recalls for the Pivi Pro and the steering, mine goes in on Tuesday for them.

When you say "recall" do you mean that it's a full motor industry /Govt recall or is it more of a Technical Service Bulletin/Servive Message?

I cannot see how Privi Pro would be a “danger to life/ safety “ item needing a recall - suspect both these are TSB.

Philm - is th eteering one for the over intrusive Lane Assist system because mine is switched off as much as I can go down through the layers but it still cuts in which is a pain on the narrow roads around here where our generous council has white lined the road edges along the verge

The demo car I had didn’t appear to correct my steering. I should’ve checked the settings to see.

Hi, this is my first post do apologies if its in the wrong place etc. I've just bought a 2020 defender 100 first edition (which I love btw) but I'm having trouble with the media streaming and the online data pack. Has anyone else heard/experienced this? If so could you share a fix? I think it has something to do with the R (for roaming in the guide) next to the sim network strength indicator. i.e. in central London all seems to work - deepest Yorkshire, not some much. Its not a big issue but one which is giving me headache.

Thank you in advance for any help!
Post #849067 10th Aug 2020 2:35pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Buz1500 wrote:
... Loving the auto-hold handbrake function. Comes on automatically on steep inclines and can be activated at traffic lights etc by a firm press of the foot brake. Saves you sitting with your foot on the brake all the time.

A strange thing, I have only once driven a car with an auto handbrake (and I detested the thing) but I have never, ever, had to sit with my foot on the brake all the time when stationary in a car. There are times when I choose to do this, but for all those other occasions I have, without the slightest problem, reached down and applied the handbrake by means of a lever placed there for the purpose. Rolling with laughter

This traditional arrangement has allowed me full control of the handbrake system, and has also proved useful on several occasions when I have needed to move a vehicle without the engine running, something I imagine is difficult with the 'improved' fully automatic handbrake.

This is not intended as a criticism of the new Defender by the way, since most vehicles are going in this direction, but I fully expect to get very cross the first time that someone rolls into me at a junction because they have forgotten that they are in the old car with a manual handbrake and a no longer clever enough to operate it. it will happen, we already seem to have many road users who are not clever enough to turn on their headlamps when it gets dark.
Post #849070 10th Aug 2020 2:44pm
Philm

United Kingdom 
You don't have to sit with your foot on the brake on the new defender, it,s got auto-hold Thumbs Up
Post #849072 10th Aug 2020 2:50pm
Joe_80

Thumbs Up I found that at the weekend too! 2020 Defender 110 First Edition with a couple of factory options

Previous LRs
Discovery 5 (current now Wife's car)
Evoque - Also Wife's (previous)
Freelander (previous)
3 door RR V8 (Very Previous - but got me stated! Wink )
Post #849075 10th Aug 2020 2:53pm
Supacat

Joe_80 wrote:

Hi, this is my first post do apologies if its in the wrong place etc. I've just bought a 2020 defender 100 first edition (which I love btw) but I'm having trouble with the media streaming and the online data pack. Has anyone else heard/experienced this? If so could you share a fix? I think it has something to do with the R (for roaming in the guide) next to the sim network strength indicator. i.e. in central London all seems to work - deepest Yorkshire, not some much. Its not a big issue but one which is giving me headache.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Maybe have a look at this post and post in there to see if current chap with the issue got it resolved?

https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic73622.html?highlight=wi+fi
Post #849077 10th Aug 2020 2:58pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Philm wrote:
You don't have to sit with your foot on the brake on the new defender, it,s got auto-hold Thumbs Up

I know that, my ironic comment was aimed at Buzz1500's comment that the auto-hold saved him from having to sit with his foot on the pedal. I was making the point that this is a wholly avoidanble bad habit even for those who do not have a new Defender with auto-hold, it is actually possible in the old Defender too (although you do need long arms).
Post #849079 10th Aug 2020 3:01pm
Supacat

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Ecco wrote:
Quote:
And yes you are right that most users here are JLR owners but not all are equal.

..of course..some are smart enough not waste such amount of money on to atrocious pile of metal..

Thank you for calling me a complete and total arse with more money than sense, and for spending my money how I want to spend it, I don’t understand you, you hate the car so why do you bother to come to this part of the forum and spread such bile?

Tim - I'm not going to defend Ecco for the words he's used here; but he is a passionate forum member and represents a particular view I have more than a little sympathy with.

The quote you posted also contained this:
100inch wrote:
And yes you are right that most users here are JLR owners but not all are equal.

but you made no comment on it; and neither did any of the other posters that echoed or applauded your thoughts.

So perhaps it's worth looking at the context of Ecco's post and addressing the issue implicit in the former post as well?
Post #849084 10th Aug 2020 3:17pm
J77

Scotland 
Don’t read too much into eccos comments, English not being his first language his comments perhaps come across differently in the written word rather than spoken and not how he intends.
Post #849091 10th Aug 2020 3:34pm
spudfan

Ireland 
I think we need to cut JLR a little slack here. When any manufacturer introduces a new model with innovative features like glass windows and interior trim fittings there are bound to be a few problems.. 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai
Post #849103 10th Aug 2020 4:08pm
Tim in Scotland

I don’t think that it is ever called for to describe any car as “an atrocious pile of metal” - well maybe something like the Linley P38A or Kahn’s efforts might. Confections like the Linley and Purdey P38A’s definitely fall in Ecco’s category of ‘Mall Cruiser‘ - hugely expensive paint jobs and cabinet made interiors

Calling it that insults anyone who buys one and it puts off people who might be thinking of buying one which I hope nobody here would really want to do

The people being most vocal about the shortcomings of the new car don’t appear to have made any effort to go and test drive one. Until they do they shouldn’t condemn it as a pile of scrap metal. They may hate it for what it tries to be but they should also go and try one before commenting on it, it doesn’t cost anything to have a test drive. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #849119 10th Aug 2020 4:46pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 257 of 351 <123 ... 256257258 ... 349350351>