↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > 2020 Defender main discussion thread
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 256 of 351 <123 ... 255256257 ... 349350351>
Print this entire topic · 
zilch

Australia 
Tim in Scotland wrote:
don’t understand you, you hate the car so why do you bother to come to this part of the forum and spread such bile?

Thumbs Up yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY20 110 P400 SE Defender
MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #848961 10th Aug 2020 8:49am
Philm

United Kingdom 
Thumbs Up
Post #848962 10th Aug 2020 8:50am
Buz1500

United Kingdom 
👏😀👍
Post #848965 10th Aug 2020 9:00am
zilch

Australia 
Naks wrote:
A bullbar from Oz: https://www.instagram.com/p/CDsGy7qMsGJ/

Click image to enlarge

If that is the LR bar with the winch, i suspect that will not be cheap at all.. Be interesting
to determine its performance hitting a fully grown roo at full tilt as well. I will wait to
see what ARB or OL bring out bar wise in the future . Northern beaches Land Rover are
the ones supplying my P400, so will try and get to the bottom of the $$$ amount yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #848968 10th Aug 2020 9:04am
Fat Cog

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
Naks wrote:
^ thank you, Tim, I also cannot understand why people are Censored all over a vehicle and putting down the owners when they either have no intention of buying or cannot afford to buy.

Confused

I used to like this forum as it was a happy place to be but of late their are far too many angry, and dare I say it, hate filled posts so unless the tenor of the discussions gets a bit more cheery then I'm out of here.

Slagging others hard earned no doubt, choice of vehicles is bang out of order; I've no desire to buy a new Defender on the basis that its not really my cup of tea, BUT their are a vast numbers who cant believe that I own two Defenders one for greenlaning and one as my daily transport when I could sit in comfort in a nice Euro/Jap box which will be comfortable, efficient and a damn sight cheaper to run...but that's my choice and I dont expect to get castigated for it and if I do, I'll come out fighting which illustrates the point.

The new Defender is a very different beast to the 1948-2016 model, some will love and some will hate it but please dont hurt peoples feelings who have, I expect, saved very long and hard to purchase something that's not to another individuals tastes...its just rather poor form. Since 1973...S1, Air Portable's, Defender's, but only my Wolf TUL HS GS remains
Post #848979 10th Aug 2020 9:45am
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
zilch wrote:

I cannot comment on dealers in the UK today, but between 1997-2005 when we had our D1 and D2's and lived
in sunny Bucks, i cannot remember once being asked by our dealer whether we had any interest in joining any
local LR or off road clubs. Different attitude and frame of mind no doubt

I can only comment on the main dealer I have used but there has been little to no social interaction at all. I would not even get a service or MOT reminder. I didn't even get an invite to look at the new Defender from my dealer. In fact I still haven't. Maybe things would have been different if we hadn't all been locked down. Up until then, all servicing, MOT and warranty work had been done by them. I wasn't a stranger to the place.

I was quite disappointed really Crying or Very sad

I can only speak with the experience I have had, but I don't feel that my dealer has done anything over and above taking my money when I have bought the car or needed work done. But then I don't think that is particularly different to any other dealer of any other marque.
Post #848981 10th Aug 2020 9:51am
Pacha

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Stornoway Grey
Fat Cog wrote:
Naks wrote:
^ thank you, Tim, I also cannot understand why people are Censored all over a vehicle and putting down the owners when they either have no intention of buying or cannot afford to buy.

Confused

I used to like this forum as it was a happy place to be but of late their are far too many angry, and dare I say it, hate filled posts so unless the tenor of the discussions gets a bit more cheery then I'm out of here.

Slagging others hard earned no doubt, choice of vehicles is bang out of order; I've no desire to buy a new Defender on the basis that its not really my cup of tea, BUT their are a vast numbers who cant believe that I own two Defenders one for greenlaning and one as my daily transport when I could sit in comfort in a nice Euro/Jap box which will be comfortable, efficient and a damn sight cheaper to run...but that's my choice and I dont expect to get castigated for it and if I do, I'll come out fighting which illustrates the point.

The new Defender is a very different beast to the 1948-2016 model, some will love and some will hate it but please dont hurt peoples feelings who have, I expect, saved very long and hard to purchase something that's not to another individuals tastes...its just rather poor form.

Well said. Rgds.

Chris
Post #848983 10th Aug 2020 9:58am
Smilesapart

United Kingdom 
Yes very well said Sold the Puma Defender and bought a brand new Pangea Green 2020 Defender D240 S with a few factory extras!
Post #848988 10th Aug 2020 10:16am
J77

Scotland 
zilch wrote:
Naks wrote:

Click image to enlarge

If that is the LR bar with the winch, i suspect that will not be cheap at all.. Be interesting
to determine its performance hitting a fully grown roo at full tilt as well. I will wait to
see what ARB or OL bring out bar wise in the future . Northern beaches Land Rover are
the ones supplying my P400, so will try and get to the bottom of the $$$ amount

That looks a fair chunk of metal.
Post #849001 10th Aug 2020 11:49am
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
zilch wrote:
Naks wrote:

Click image to enlarge

the ones supplying my P400, so will try and get to the bottom of the $$$ amount

How will it fare with a rad on some/all (?) models in this area/opposite side?

Click image to enlarge
Post #849005 10th Aug 2020 12:08pm
Tim in Scotland

The animal rights folks will be up in arms about that set of recycled scaffold pipes, Kangaroo safety is not being met. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #849006 10th Aug 2020 12:10pm
zilch

Australia 
Be interesting to find out if they have done an impact assessment against something
has heavy as a fully grown roo to test it’s effectiveness.. yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #849007 10th Aug 2020 12:11pm
zilch

Australia 
Supacat wrote:
How will it fare with a rad on some/all (?) models in this area/opposite side?

Click image to enlarge

64k question, the majority of aftermarket protection in Oz are full front steel bar's.. Roo’s are just
plain dumb and literally wait by the side of the road until you are upon them and then leap
out Laughing those unprotected areas will feature highly I suspect in collisions. yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #849008 10th Aug 2020 12:19pm
J77

Scotland 
Don’t worry Simons got you covered Laughing

Post #849011 10th Aug 2020 12:28pm
Tim in Scotland

Sounds like they have almost as many braincells as Scottish sheep Sheep Sheep Sheep even the deer here are smarter and leap through the windscreen to minimise bodywork damage...........doesn’t do much for those in the front seats who get the antlers in their face though...... Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #849012 10th Aug 2020 12:30pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 256 of 351 <123 ... 255256257 ... 349350351>