↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > 2020 Defender > 2020 Defender main discussion thread
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 247 of 252 <123 ... 246247248 ... 250251252>
Print this entire topic · 
Smilesapart



Member Since: 28 Sep 2013
Location: Suffolk
Posts: 626

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Nato Green

Look forward to seeing how you get on with it! Sold the Puma Defender and bought a brand new Pangea Green 2020 Defender D240 S with a few factory extras!

Post #847446 1st Aug 2020 2:00pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
chopcat



Member Since: 11 Sep 2012
Location: Bucks
Posts: 278

United Kingdom 2000 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Java Black

I happened to get my first look at a first edition yesterday when I took the 10 year old D4 in for a service. It certainly could be a replacement for the Disco but not for the 2 90’s that we have. Nice and airy inside but a daft rear end with the lights reducing the width mean that it isnt as practical as any of the cars we currently have. There is no way that it could fulfill the roles of either the bee keeping 90 (hives in the back would be tricky given the shape) or the 20 year old radio 90 (which has a roll cage to take the 13m pneumatic mast that hinges down over the back). Or the 8x4 sheet of plywood carrying D4.
So I think i’m in the waiting corner as I doubt I will be able to afford one any time soon anyway, particularly whilst the D4 is going strong and when a service comes in at £300.

It was quite nice though.

Post #847447 1st Aug 2020 2:26pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
Naks



Member Since: 27 Jan 2009
Location: Stellenbosch, Republic of the Western Cape
Posts: 2143

South Africa 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Alpine White

 --

2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
2015 Range Rover Sport V8 Supercharged



Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9
Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

Post #847584 2nd Aug 2020 11:24am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
Supacat



Member Since: 16 Oct 2012
Location: West Yorkshire
Posts: 7814

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green

I think this one had it in the corners...


Click image to enlarge

Post #847591 2nd Aug 2020 11:45am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
spudfan



Member Since: 10 Sep 2007
Location: Co Donegal
Posts: 2890

Ireland 

I was out in the hills last week and believe it or not it was raining, hard to believe I know but it does happen here. I had the 110 Puma with me. By folding the middle row seats forward and using one of the two rear seats I could change in to my gear in comfort before getting out into the deluge. Likewise when I returned from my walk I could change inside the 110 and have some warm tea. I have not seen a new Defender but I wonder if I could do that in one of them.
Sometimes I use the 110 200 tdi or LR 88 and the rear bench seats are ideal for this. Anyway I find the old Defender a very versatile and comfortable vehicle but I will be interested to see how owners use their new pride and joys. 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai

Post #847616 2nd Aug 2020 1:55pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
J77



Member Since: 04 Nov 2019
Location: Fife
Posts: 605

Scotland 

Don’t see why not.

Post #847626 2nd Aug 2020 2:42pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland



Member Since: 23 May 2007
Location: The Land that time forgot
Posts: 1282

I used mine as a mobile changing room to change into and out if a 5mm winter steamer wetsuit then go paddle boarding last week, darn sight easier doing that in this car than my 90. With the beefy hand holds In the rear door openings that are at just the right height too to get the across the shoulder wetsuit zip closed without having to ask somebody else to close it for me. It’s just as difficult getting the board on and off the roof bars as the 90 but nowhere near as easy as it was with the Countryman.... also the trailer assist was able to back up my Ivor ~Williams 2 wheeled P100 trailer without jack-knifing it, something I’ve never managed to do with any car up to now. So my new one beats all my previous Land Rovers hands down at those tasks....... oh and I didn’t get hooked onto the exposed tow hook like regularly happens on my 90 because the 110 one hides neatly away when not needed. No misting up the interior too with wet gear on the way home because of the de-humidifier in the air-con.

Later addition......
Since I’ve had the 110 I haven’t ripped any belt loops off trousers neither have I shut the seat belt in the door catch mechanism so I guess it’s proving much better than the old one on most fronts of general usage for my lifestyle...... the open sunroof also makes a great platform for taking photos although it’s a bit of a tight squeeze! Epsom Green Tdi300 County Hard Top converted into a Station Wagon
Defender D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior with a few dealer options that replaced a totally faultless Mini Countryman `PHEV

Post #847651 2nd Aug 2020 5:18pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
spudfan



Member Since: 10 Sep 2007
Location: Co Donegal
Posts: 2890

Ireland 

Thumbs Up 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai

Post #847658 2nd Aug 2020 5:54pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
J77



Member Since: 04 Nov 2019
Location: Fife
Posts: 605

Scotland 

I’ll try it on Saturday, though it might not be a pretty sight. Hopefully the demo has privacy glass Laughing

Post #847665 2nd Aug 2020 7:10pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
SDV8



Member Since: 09 Jan 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 100

2006 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver

Anybody had any progress re a build date for a P400 X? At this rate an SVR/SVX will be here before they even build them! Defender Adventure 110
Defender Autobiography 90
Defender V8 Classic Works 90

Post #847679 2nd Aug 2020 8:54pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
spudfan



Member Since: 10 Sep 2007
Location: Co Donegal
Posts: 2890

Ireland 

J77 wrote:
I’ll try it on Saturday, though it might not be a pretty sight. Hopefully the demo has privacy glass Laughing

I would love to see the sales person's face when you ask to see if it is suitable for your needs.....
Just might bring the wife in and ask the sales person if he would let myself and the wife "try out the back" as I'd like to see if it was suitable for a romantic weekend away Whistle
That something JLR didn't think of putting in the promotional blurb. Mr. Green 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai


Last edited by spudfan on 2nd Aug 2020 9:12pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #847683 2nd Aug 2020 8:59pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
AndrewS



Member Since: 10 Apr 2007
Location: Hereford
Posts: 3374

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 SW Rimini Red

SDV8 wrote:
Anybody had any progress re a build date for a P400 X? At this rate an SVR/SVX will be here before they even build them!


Mine rocks up in September apparently. 130's have feeling's as well you know Smile

Post #847685 2nd Aug 2020 9:11pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
markb110



Member Since: 22 May 2010
Location: Guildford
Posts: 793

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green

spudfan wrote:
J77 wrote:
I’ll try it on Saturday, though it might not be a pretty sight. Hopefully the demo has privacy glass Laughing

I would love to see the sales person's face when you ask to see if it is suitable for your needs.....
Just might bring the wife in and ask the sales person if he would let myself and the wife "try out the back" as I'd like to see if it was suitable for a romantic weekend away Whistle
That something JLR didn't think of putting in the promotional blurb. Mr. Green


It does have a wipe clean interior..... Rolling with laughter

Post #847686 2nd Aug 2020 9:15pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
AndrewS



Member Since: 10 Apr 2007
Location: Hereford
Posts: 3374

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 SW Rimini Red

Tim in Scotland wrote:
I used mine as a mobile changing room to change into and out if a 5mm winter steamer wetsuit then go paddle boarding last week, darn sight easier doing that in this car than my 90. With the beefy hand holds In the rear door openings that are at just the right height too to get the across the shoulder wetsuit zip closed without having to ask somebody else to close it for me. It’s just as difficult getting the board on and off the roof bars as the 90 but nowhere near as easy as it was with the Countryman.... also the trailer assist was able to back up my Ivor ~Williams 2 wheeled P100 trailer without jack-knifing it, something I’ve never managed to do with any car up to now. So my new one beats all my previous Land Rovers hands down at those tasks....... oh and I didn’t get hooked onto the exposed tow hook like regularly happens on my 90 because the 110 one hides neatly away when not needed. No misting up the interior too with wet gear on the way home because of the de-humidifier in the air-con.

Later addition......
Since I’ve had the 110 I haven’t ripped any belt loops off trousers neither have I shut the seat belt in the door catch mechanism so I guess it’s proving much better than the old one on most fronts of general usage for my lifestyle...... the open sunroof also makes a great platform for taking photos although it’s a bit of a tight squeeze!


Que the naysayers response,
*you could open the front flaps to get rid of the misting.
*you ain't got a pto to run farm machinery. 130's have feeling's as well you know Smile

Post #847688 2nd Aug 2020 9:16pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
spudfan



Member Since: 10 Sep 2007
Location: Co Donegal
Posts: 2890

Ireland 

markb110 wrote:
spudfan wrote:
J77 wrote:
I’ll try it on Saturday, though it might not be a pretty sight. Hopefully the demo has privacy glass Laughing

I would love to see the sales person's face when you ask to see if it is suitable for your needs.....
Just might bring the wife in and ask the sales person if he would let myself and the wife "try out the back" as I'd like to see if it was suitable for a romantic weekend away Whistle
That something JLR didn't think of putting in the promotional blurb. Mr. Green


It does have a wipe clean interior..... Rolling with laughter

Class. Thumbs Up Rolling with laughter 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai

Post #847689 2nd Aug 2020 9:18pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 247 of 252 <123 ... 246247248 ... 250251252>
All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >
Posting Rules
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Site Copyright © 2006-2020 Futuranet Ltd & Martin Lewis