↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > 2020 Defender main discussion thread
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 246 of 351 <123 ... 245246247 ... 349350351>
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

Company car drivers! Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #847280 31st Jul 2020 5:19pm
DrRob

United Kingdom 
Front Classic mud flaps
Post #847287 31st Jul 2020 5:35pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
blackwolf wrote:
I don't think that that is nearly as impressive as the person who shot it wants it to be. Once you've for corrected the cock-eyed camera (or camera-person), it isn't particularly steep.

I seem to recall we've been here before with this type of shot.

As presented:

Click image to enlarge

And adjusted for a level horizon (17.5 degrees!):

Click image to enlarge
Post #847302 31st Jul 2020 6:50pm
lohr500

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Wonder if it was filmed on one of the LR Experience tracks with the very cleverly prepared surfaces designed to take lots of traffic whilst appearing to be out in the wild?
Post #847319 31st Jul 2020 7:47pm
Tim in Scotland

Canadian test/ review of Zilch’s P400 SE before it’s shipped to Aus. Looks like the painted it the wrong colour Zilch.......

Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #847322 31st Jul 2020 7:55pm
zilch

Australia 
did not get much from the review.. it seemed more about "James" and his friend Laughing yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY20 110 P400 SE Defender
MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #847396 1st Aug 2020 6:46am
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Definitely more about self-promotion than the vehicle. 😩
Post #847401 1st Aug 2020 7:29am
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
blackwolf wrote:
I don't think that that is nearly as impressive as the person who shot it wants it to be. Once you've for corrected the cock-eyed camera (or camera-person), it isn't particularly steep.

There’s clearly been (not unsurprisingly) a massive marketing push by JLR for the new Def. But importantly in such a way as to ‘reclaim’ the name for the New Defender. Despite it only being around a little over a year, (versus 75 years), do a Google Search and well over 50% of the photos are of the New Defender. And this is not even factoring in that Google’s algorithms using my history, (Searches specifying ‘Puma’ Defender or ‘Cool n Vintage‘ Defender or ‘Puma Defender parts’ etc, and of course regular use of this forum, plus Instagram etc), should err to pre 2016 Defenders and NOT 2020 Defender, yet it doesn’t. Imagine what would come up if someone typed in ‘Land Rover Defender’ for the first time on a virgin Google page? Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #847402 1st Aug 2020 7:31am
Morepower

New Zealand 
Maybe JLR have paid to have it this way?... Google is just a company looking for revenue.... It doesn't matter how bad it is, It can always get worse...

2013 Bowler 110 (Sold)
2016 Bowler 90 Rally Spec (Sold)
Post #847405 1st Aug 2020 7:50am
Naks

South Africa 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Alpine White
Jeep Gladiator vs Land Rover Defender vs Classic Defender vs Rock Garden

- The Gladiator Rubicon is described in another build video. It’s twin-locked with a 2" or 2.5” Lift with 35” tires
- The Defender in the video is a First Edition. It’s totally unlocked, and the only mods are a set of KO2s (Nothing fancy, same size as stock just better grip) and a set of lifting rods which, as you’ll hear in the video, “trick” the suspension into thinking it’s on-road height, when it’s actually lifted. --
2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
2015 Range Rover Sport V8 Supercharged

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9
Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ
Post #847414 1st Aug 2020 8:49am
Grenadier

Morepower wrote:
Maybe JLR have paid to have it this way?... Google is just a company looking for revenue....

Sorry, wasn’t clear, but that’s what I mean. I think they’ve pumped a huge amount of cashola into their SEO. They don’t want any search for ‘Defender’ bringing up anything bar the new one, which is a shame. Monsieur Le Grenadier

Post #847431 1st Aug 2020 12:10pm
Tim in Scotland

How on earth can a dumb search engine differentiate between a search for “Defender 110” meaning “Classic Defender” or “Defender 110” meaning the new model? They are smart but not that smart.
When I type Defender110 into google I get pretty much a 50/50 split of new and old

Click image to enlarge
 Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #847432 1st Aug 2020 12:15pm
Grenadier

SEO. And money. That’s why my real estate agency went from new office with no web presence to top of google searches for Chamonix in the space of a year. JLR will just flood the market with Defender stuff that relates to the New Defender, and back link it to blogs, articles, ads, JLR website etc, again and again and again. Not organic growth but growth forced by teams, based in India that will act as if you are doing the searching for Defender 110, but hundreds of times a day. All the big firms do it, but JLR seem to have really focused on this as even by normal standards, none of their other new models supersedes the previous model so quickly and completely. Indeed almost no other brand seems to achieve it so quickly. For example, I Doubt, fo example, that the new RS6 would take over the previous one in just a few months. Monsieur Le Grenadier

Post #847434 1st Aug 2020 12:28pm
Smilesapart

United Kingdom 
Well I think that's great. At the end of the day I want Land Rover / Jaguar to be a massive success and to remain in production. I want all their products to sell much better than they are doing and if they need to do these tactics as a form of cheap global marketing technique then that's fine by me.
However there needs to be just as much focus, attention and effort put in to making their products reliable. And while they are at it I suggest training their staff on Customer Service too. There was a huge disparity between how we were treated at our local dealership when we went to look at the new Defender (shockingly bad - couldn't care less attitude) and when we then left there in disgust and went to Lookers in Bishops Stortford and dealt with Rob Haigh who couldn't have been more professional, helpful and accommodating. It was a though we were dealing with a completely different manufacturer in a different country with a different culture! But no just, a different dealership group. No prizes for guessing which dealership got our order for the new Defender. Sold the Puma Defender and bought a brand new Pangea Green 2020 Defender D240 S with a few factory extras!
Post #847438 1st Aug 2020 12:56pm
J77

Scotland 
Thats me all booked in on 8th August for my "unique" extended test drive. no idea what's unique about it other than its 21hrs shorter than my test drive with the Velar 2 1/2 years ago.
Post #847440 1st Aug 2020 1:06pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 246 of 351 <123 ... 245246247 ... 349350351>