↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > 2020 Defender main discussion thread
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 126 of 351 <123 ... 125126127 ... 349350351>
Print this entire topic · 
Morepower

New Zealand 
Marketing gobbledy gook... That man talks utter pish... His design "language" is a one trick pony... That's why they all look the same... It doesn't matter how bad it is, It can always get worse...

2013 Bowler 110 (Sold)
2016 Bowler 90 Rally Spec (Sold)
Post #800909 5th Nov 2019 6:54pm
nidge n

Sadly this guys is all form over function.
Post #800913 5th Nov 2019 7:14pm
King Luis

Canada 
you all think LR's all look the same? have you not seen almost every other automotive manufacturer out there?
Post #800922 5th Nov 2019 7:47pm
NMBRPL8

Australia 
a hero for our times
"“We’ve already started to change our model philosophy by staying with a well-loved look once we establish it, and allowing changes to be dictated by improving technology, materials or manufacturing techniques rather than the calendar. The new Evoque is a good example of that, and you’ll see us use more of it."
Post #801120 6th Nov 2019 8:56pm
Morepower

New Zealand 
King Luis wrote:
you all think LR's all look the same? have you not seen almost every other automotive manufacturer out there?

Have a look at the Alfa Range....

Mito

Giulietta

Giulia

Stelvio

4C

and the soon to be released Tonale....

This is a true "Design Language" They cars are all different (shock horror) but retain a family design... It doesn't matter how bad it is, It can always get worse...

2013 Bowler 110 (Sold)
2016 Bowler 90 Rally Spec (Sold)
Post #801139 6th Nov 2019 10:36pm
mcma1

Called into donellys landrover yesterday for a look at the 110. Such a disappointment. Land Rover had sent 2 lovely people over to explain the tech and they were good. It looks like a new freelander, bits off plastic moving around everywhere inside, the plastic chequer plate, the plastic looking rack, ladder and so on but the appearance just doesn’t do anything for me and this one was 75k. The mix of people there viewing was interesting too but my head was getting sore from the perfume so I had to leave. Anyway walking back to my 110 I have never been happier to own one.

Click image to enlarge
 Andy

2014 Fuji 110 SW LS3
https://www.defender2.net/forum/post751233.html#751233

2014 Corris 110 SW
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic40056.html

My old Xtech 90 build..
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic15681.html

LS3 V8 build...
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic49051.html
Post #801149 7th Nov 2019 6:35am
King Luis

Canada 
Morepower wrote:
King Luis wrote:

Have a look at the Alfa Range....

Mito

Giulietta

Giulia

Stelvio

4C

and the soon to be released Tonale....

This is a true "Design Language" They cars are all different (shock horror) but retain a family design...

Alfa has been designing great cars for a long time now. yes, they have same design elements but you can that each one is different, small hatch, sedan, suv, etc. BMW, Audi and Mercedes have 3 sedans that all look very similar in person and from some angles are almost impossible to tell apart. Lincoln SUVs all look the same, just different sizes. LR has all SUVs but they look different and you can always tell it's a LR. Porsche Macan and Cayenne look different but you know it's a Porsche. You can keep the design language for each manufacturer, doesn't mean every car needs to look exactly the same. BMW's in the past all looked like BMWs but the head lights and lower fascia's had different designs.
Post #801214 7th Nov 2019 2:36pm
nidge n

mcma1 wrote:
Called into donellys landrover yesterday for a look at the 110. Such a disappointment. Land Rover had sent 2 lovely people over to explain the tech and they were good. It looks like a new freelander, bits off plastic moving around everywhere inside, the plastic chequer plate, the plastic looking rack, ladder and so on but the appearance just doesn’t do anything for me and this one was 75k. The mix of people there viewing was interesting too but my head was getting sore from the perfume so I had to leave. Anyway walking back to my 110 I have never been happier to own one.

Click image to enlarge

£75K ? Thud
Post #801285 7th Nov 2019 9:09pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
The more pictures that I see of these things the more it baffles me how they've have managed to produce something so incredibly unappealing. It's just awful. Such a wasted opportunity.
Post #801312 8th Nov 2019 8:23am
JOW240725

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Orkney Grey
I went to see it at Marshalls Ipswich last night. I have to say I was pretty impressed! It looked much better in reality, I thought. However, it was the base model S with £6k of options bringing it around £55k, comparing it to the D5 Landmark sat next to it for £61k, I'm not sure I'd go for the Defender. The D5 has a much bigger boot and feels a lot more executive/special/luxurious, which you kind of expect for the money. I really liked it but it's way out of my budget, I'll be sticking with my Defender for many years.

Marshalls did put on a nice event though, thank you to them. They brought in the 'lost' official Tomb Raider movie 110, owned by a local customer. Unfortunately, for me it was rather more interesting than the New Defender, I spoke to the owner of the Tomb Raider for longer than I did the salesmen.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 James
MY2012 110 2.2TDCi XS SW Orkney Grey - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic43410.html
MY1990 110 200TDi SW beautifully faded Portofino Red - https://www.defender2.net/forum/post743641.html#743641
MY1984 90 V8 Slate Grey - https://www.defender2.net/forum/post744557.html#744557
Instagram @suffolk_rovers
Post #801319 8th Nov 2019 9:08am
discoed

United Kingdom 
I went to look at it in the flesh at Farnells in Nelson yesterday, looks well built but it's just so bulky and 'heavy' massive door frames, massive windscreen pillars, hard to see past the bonnet, I felt like I was sat behind a wall of soft feel plastics and all the dealers were taking about was the infotainment system and the seat configuration.

Maybe the 90 will be better? Overblown, too much plastic, too much pretend tread plate. I'm sure it will sell but I won't be buying one, I will stick to my Range Rover classic and 1965 2A.
Post #801342 8th Nov 2019 11:40am
J77

Scotland 
I think it looks good, not sure about those alloys though. It’s a shame that there is no 90 available to look over.
Post #801358 8th Nov 2019 3:45pm
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
JOW240725 wrote:
I went to see it at Marshalls Ipswich last night. I have to say I was pretty impressed! It looked much better in reality, I thought. However, it was the base model S with £6k of options bringing it around £55k, comparing it to the D5 Landmark sat next to it for £61k, I'm not sure I'd go for the Defender. The D5 has a much bigger boot and feels a lot more executive/special/luxurious, which you kind of expect for the money. I really liked it but it's way out of my budget, I'll be sticking with my Defender for many years.

Marshalls did put on a nice event though, thank you to them. They brought in the 'lost' official Tomb Raider movie 110, owned by a local customer. Unfortunately, for me it was rather more interesting than the New Defender, I spoke to the owner of the Tomb Raider for longer than I did the salesmen.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

The Tomb Raider looks great. WARNING.
This post may contain sarcasm.
Post #801361 8th Nov 2019 4:05pm
Def_90

Belgium 
+1
Post #801362 8th Nov 2019 4:14pm
defender9

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Keswick Green
nidge n wrote:
mcma1 wrote:

Click image to enlarge

£75K ? Thud

As a Discovery 4 replacement I don’t dislike it but the stupid square rear lights and the fake chequer plate I could do without. What was wrong with round rear lights fitted into the barrel sides at the rear.
Post #801366 8th Nov 2019 4:49pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 126 of 351 <123 ... 125126127 ... 349350351>