↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Puma re map - very pleased
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 7 <1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
Naks

South Africa 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Alpine White
499 pounds for a remap!? Shocked

works out to about ZAR5700, for something that invalidates your warranty in this part of the world. A year ago I paid ZAR1000 for my D2 remap. Whistle
Post #35076 26th Jun 2010 7:58am
dgardel

Italy 
MrFlips wrote:
Hugely tempted to buy a BAS remap - the only thing saving me £499 at the moment is my Mac's incompatibility, that said another thread is tempting me towards a netbook for navigational needs ...

I'm using bootcamp or buy a used netpc (+ or - 90-100£) Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License
Post #35077 26th Jun 2010 8:00am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
urbanriot

2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
My what a suspicious lot you all are !
I am a new member to this forum. As I recently bought a Puma and wanted to learn a bit more about it, the best way to do that is to read what actuall owners are posting.
My previous car was an old 90 that I now off road and up to now I have had nothing that I warranted useful to post.

I run my own company and I always believe in saying out loud when I am impressed with a company or product.

Apologies for not writing an intro piece, I am a member of a couple of other forums, and it completely slipped my mind.

I read a lot of stuff about re maps and spoke to a few people on the telephone, The BAS system appealed most to me as you can set it back to std or re tune it if LR mess it up - my 90 is still under warranty you see.

Reading BAS posts led me to call him and for those that have dealt with him will know he is very direct and tells it like it is - again this is something that inspired confidence in him and his product - I explained that my only concern was not being that good at computers , he said that he would talk me through it if needed and that it was not difficult at all, this made my mind up and after a week of deliberating I went ahead and ordered.

Therefore I posted as I was thinking I can not be the only person out there thinking - This is a good product but I am not sure if I am up to doing it myself.

Apologies to Pete for causing such a kerfuffle, and yes Pete it is the Black 90 from Essex !

I will now go and do a intro post so that you guys know I am a real person and not Petes brother or whatever.

Regards

Bob
Post #35084 26th Jun 2010 9:28am
MrFlips

Wales 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 PU Santorini Black
Both VM Ware and bootcamp are compatible then, hmmm thanks for the information, I shall give that some thought. Very Happy Peter
2008 SWB Truck Cab
1952 80" Soft top
Post #35093 26th Jun 2010 11:15am
Gav110

Australia 
MrFlips wrote:
Both VM Ware and bootcamp are compatible then, hmmm thanks for the information, I shall give that some thought. Very Happy

The nice thing about VMWare is it runs in a window alongside other Mac apps- no reboot needed.

Sorry for turning this into the Computing Forum Cool - just keen to ensure no Mac owners hold off for fear of PC envy ! Whistle Gavster
2010 Puma 110
Post #35095 26th Jun 2010 12:03pm
bell-auto-services

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
urbanriot wrote:

Bob

Yes i agree Bob, some are just anal and assume that i made this/your first post up i think Whistle

Like ive got nothing better to do than lie about my self on the forum.

Pete
Post #35100 26th Jun 2010 1:26pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bell-auto-services

Like i havent got eniough to do already but to prove the point of the speed limiter removal for the critics we have here i made a very short video enjoy.
It shows just over 93mph, sorry for the quality as said i dont have time really so i only used my iphone.

Red hot day standard car with a map.

Pete
Post #35101 26th Jun 2010 2:23pm
urbanriot

bell-auto-services wrote:
urbanriot wrote:

Bob

Yes i agree Bob, some are just anal and assume that i made this/your first post up i think Whistle

Like ive got nothing better to do than lie about my self on the forum.

Pete

Pete, I went to Harlow yesterday with a 3.5 ton Ifor Williams trailer on the back - brought my Off roader home, had a huge welder and a big roll on toolbox on as well, did about 80 miles in total - SUPERB she sits at 60 in top just under 2000 rpm, I had to be careful as you actually forget the trailer is there ! - much better response mid range, less down changing and I think it did a bit better on Diesel as well.

I am going to Essex Off Road ( Chelmsford) tomorrow and I am at Bures Pit - Sudbury next Sunday.

Regards

Bob
Post #35102 26th Jun 2010 2:48pm
bell-auto-services

Thanks urbriot for the feed back, please let me know how you get on off road.

Pete
Post #35107 26th Jun 2010 4:56pm
bell-auto-services

And for the rest, this may explane your surging to the odd one of you seem to have and moan about so much lol Smile

EGR closes, air flow over the maf increases, injection increases, power comes with a surging bang.

let of the throttle, egr opens, cuts air flow over the maf, injection decreases power surges off, ohh and if you manage to catch it inbetween the two you sometimes get a mifsire or cough Smile which can in some cases be made worse if the high pressure fuel pump calibration and pilot correction procedure is not completed correctly at the dealers after an update.

So as said to many in the past, LR's EGR actuation speed and % of use amount gives surging which in some cases can be enhanced by the more power given when tuning, end off lesson TA. Now ill stop making silly pointless videos and get on with my job.

Pete
Post #35108 26th Jun 2010 5:01pm
mrwoo

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Epsom Green
Pete,

There will always be people out there that complain, I suppose that's a downfall to working with general pubic. Personally I cannot recommend yours services and products enough, they transform the standard Defender into a much more driveable and powerful machine. This is someone that has used Pete's products since 2007 when the puma first came out to this year when I have just remapped a 2010 USW with Pete latest maps.

Keep up the good work Thumbs Up 1964 Series IIA SWB Truck Cab - gone
1981 Series III SWB Hardtop - gone
1982 Series III SWB Hardtop - gone
1997 300Tdi Defender 90 Hardtop - gone
1983 Series III SWB Station Wagon - gone
1979 Series III SWB Station Wagon - gone
2007 90 CSW - gone
2010 USW XS - gone
2010 110 USW - gone

1959 Series II Truck Cab
1984 Series III CSW
2004 TD5 90 CSW
Post #35113 26th Jun 2010 6:15pm
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
K9F wrote:
Would love to try yours on a 'trial basis' Pete especially as Autologic have offered me a full refund if I'm not prepared to wait for them to sort it out! Other people have a lot of confidence in your product! You gonna let me try it? May get me the fairytale ending I seek and you another £499 in your account! Thumbs Up

What about me then Pete? With all the kerfuffle I've had with my Autologic saga it is my frustration and not suspicion that 'comes to the fore.' Would love to try your product out and also pay you £499 for the pleasure to keep it if it comes up to scratch in direct comparison to what I have been used to! Autologic are obviously holding my funds at present and I cannot afford to shell out another £500. I do not wish to cut ties with them until I have a proven alternative on my very own vehicle. If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #35115 26th Jun 2010 6:32pm
urbanriot

mrwoo wrote:
Pete,

There will always be people out there that complain, I suppose that's a downfall to working with general pubic. Personally I cannot recommend yours services and products enough, they transform the standard Defender into a much more driveable and powerful machine. This is someone that has used Pete's products since 2007 when the puma first came out to this year when I have just remapped a 2010 USW with Pete latest maps.

Keep up the good work Thumbs Up

mmmmm I see your name is Pete also - 2 people with the same name eh? makes you think does that . Whistle
Post #35116 26th Jun 2010 6:35pm
mrwoo

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Epsom Green
urbanriot wrote:
mrwoo wrote:
Pete,

Keep up the good work Thumbs Up

mmmmm I see your name is Pete also - 2 people with the same name eh? makes you think does that . Whistle

How do you work that one out when I havn't even mentioned my name?

Regards Rich Very Happy 1964 Series IIA SWB Truck Cab - gone
1981 Series III SWB Hardtop - gone
1982 Series III SWB Hardtop - gone
1997 300Tdi Defender 90 Hardtop - gone
1983 Series III SWB Station Wagon - gone
1979 Series III SWB Station Wagon - gone
2007 90 CSW - gone
2010 USW XS - gone
2010 110 USW - gone

1959 Series II Truck Cab
1984 Series III CSW
2004 TD5 90 CSW
Post #35118 26th Jun 2010 6:40pm
sasha2001

Russia 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Tonga Green
urbanriot wrote:
I am a new member to this forum. As I recently bought a Puma and wanted to learn a bit more about it, the best way to do that is to read what actuall owners are posting.
My previous car was an old 90 that I now off road and up to now I have had nothing that I warranted useful to post.

I run my own company and I always believe in saying out loud when I am impressed with a company or product.

Apologies for not writing an intro piece, I am a member of a couple of other forums, and it completely slipped my mind.

I read a lot of stuff about re maps and spoke to a few people on the telephone, The BAS system appealed most to me as you can set it back to std or re tune it if LR mess it up - my 90 is still under warranty you see.

Reading BAS posts led me to call him and for those that have dealt with him will know he is very direct and tells it like it is - again this is something that inspired confidence in him and his product - I explained that my only concern was not being that good at computers , he said that he would talk me through it if needed and that it was not difficult at all, this made my mind up and after a week of deliberating I went ahead and ordered.

Therefore I posted as I was thinking I can not be the only person out there thinking - This is a good product but I am not sure if I am up to doing it myself.

Apologies to Pete for causing such a kerfuffle, and yes Pete it is the Black 90 from Essex !

I will now go and do a intro post so that you guys know I am a real person and not Petes brother or whatever.

Regards

Bob

Brillant!!!! and true
Post #35133 26th Jun 2010 9:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 7 <1234567>