↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Puma re map - very pleased
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
discocuzzy

England 
I have a BAS map via Allisport and its superb.
Carl, Andy from Allisport de catted his and put a performance exhaust on it and it had the same compound effect as yours pal, once reverted back to the standard exhaust, no problems.

I would suggest any issues you have, take up with Pete offline, but i think you need to isolate the problem first then sort out a reolution.

Steve You cannot teach stupid people to do clever things
Post #35270 28th Jun 2010 6:50pm
fekete

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Bonatti Grey
Cheers Steve all sorted mate Thumbs Up
Had the problem before the d cat went on NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY. NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY
Post #35271 28th Jun 2010 6:55pm
MK

Chile 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Chawton White
dgardel wrote:
MK wrote:
dgardel wrote:
MK wrote:
fekete wrote:
MK What chip have you got Thumbs Up

I got a Racechip, made in germany. Perhaps it is not as superb as remap, but it does the job making the rig very responsive since 1900ish rpm. You have the chance to adjust it. No smoke, no misfire, no flaty gaps, nothing. My engine has the second version ecu upgrade.

MK,

Have you tested max speed?

not really, but still goes over 150 km/h Shocked

but without the Racechip is your car limited at 132km/h like in Europe or you car was limiter free from you bought it?

limiter free. Usually my top speed is about 110km/h. The chip is good going uphill at high elevations. Puma 110" SW

Earth first. Other planets later
Post #35274 28th Jun 2010 7:21pm
dgardel

Italy 
Thanks MK Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License
Post #35281 28th Jun 2010 9:21pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mrwoo

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Epsom Green
Re: remap
jlerra wrote:
Hi all,
Have been following the 'remap thread' and the moral of the story is - leave the remap well alone!
Keep to the standard as Defenders were not designed by LR to be 'supercharged in any way'.
As I mentioned in my initial e-mail on the subject spend your money on something else (a nice holiday perhaps!) and be happy with the original. If you want more power buy yourself something else - a Range Rover Supercharged, perhaps?
Just thought I'd enhance the discussion somewhat!

'El pepe flamenco' Laughing

What’s the point in driving around with a strangled cat under the bonnet, unleash the beast. For example if you buy a VW golf you get to choose from 90, 100, 110, 130 etc horsepower depending on how much more money you want to spend, this is all achieved in VW standard software. Remap companies are simply giving us the option to go to the next stage and so on. I'm not one for jeopardising reliability for some more horses and I don’t think for one minute I have done that. I also think you could push things too far and end up breaking bits for the sake of more power.

You asked a good question and hope you can respect a good answer Thumbs Up 1964 Series IIA SWB Truck Cab - gone
1981 Series III SWB Hardtop - gone
1982 Series III SWB Hardtop - gone
1997 300Tdi Defender 90 Hardtop - gone
1983 Series III SWB Station Wagon - gone
1979 Series III SWB Station Wagon - gone
2007 90 CSW - gone
2010 USW XS - gone
2010 110 USW - gone

1959 Series II Truck Cab
1984 Series III CSW
2004 TD5 90 CSW
Post #35282 28th Jun 2010 9:28pm
lrmaniac

Portugal 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Keswick Green
Hello

I read this thread and I think that the answer to my question is not in it ... Mr. Green if it is I'm sorry, plz tell me again cause i can't find it!

Is there a limit to hom many times the ecu can be programmed and re-programmed?
For example: I install my remap ... and next week I suddenly have to go to the dealer for some reason, I remove the remap to standard (they won't notice do they?) ... when I get the car I install my remap again ... In a few months I have to take the car to the dealer for some other reason, I remove the remap and when I get the car i install the remap again ... Is there a limit to how many times I can do this ? Regards
Joao

'10 Land Rover Defender 110 CC
'08 BMW F800GS
'64 SIIA Forward Control
'69 SIIA 109 ZA CKD
Post #35310 29th Jun 2010 12:22pm
niglyn

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
All programmable ICs have a finite number of times they can be re-programmed. I have no idea what chip is used in our LRs, so cannot look up the specs, however most programmable ICs in the electronics world quote re-programming of over 1000 times, so I don't think we need worry.
Post #35311 29th Jun 2010 12:32pm
sc70

Wales 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Santorini Black
This is my first post and have been following for a while, Pete fitted a tune to my puma at shepton mallet LR show and it's bl**dy fantastic, limiter is removed Whistle and towing is amazing Thumbs Up

also had a V V Turbo for the TD5 from him Thumbs Up Thumbs Up great service top bloke Bow down
Post #35331 29th Jun 2010 7:22pm
urbanriot

2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
sc70 wrote:
This is my first post and have been following for a while, Pete fitted a tune to my puma at shepton mallet LR show and it's bl**dy fantastic, limiter is removed Whistle and towing is amazing Thumbs Up

also had a V V Turbo for the TD5 from him Thumbs Up Thumbs Up great service top bloke Bow down

Now then I need to confirm - are you related to Pete, have you ever been related to Pete, would you like to be related or have relations with Pete ?

Apparently we need to confirm these details before we can big anyone up - and for gods sake do NOT mention the war.

"I only said Jehova"
Post #35332 29th Jun 2010 7:28pm
The Boy

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Rimini Red
Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
Post #35351 29th Jun 2010 10:17pm
sc70

Wales 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Santorini Black
urbanriot wrote:
sc70 wrote:

Now then I need to confirm - are you related to Pete, have you ever been related to Pete, would you like to be related or have relations with Pete ?

Apparently we need to confirm these details before we can big anyone up - and for gods sake do NOT mention the war.

"I only said Jehova"

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter wish i was, then i wouldn't have had to part with so many welsh pennies Big Cry
Post #35353 29th Jun 2010 10:29pm
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Rolling with laughter Yeah move over Urban, someone wants to see if three in a bed will fit! Rolling with laughter If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #35357 29th Jun 2010 10:57pm
snr69

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SVX Soft Top Santorini Black
I've just registered :-)
I'll give it a couple of days before I put my order in !
Post #35392 30th Jun 2010 5:36pm
harveyg77

United Kingdom 
So is anyone going to tell me what a BAS retuned PUMA puts out. I assume a standard one is approx. 125PS and 277lb/ft.

Cheers Harvey
Post #36309 14th Jul 2010 8:54pm
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Harvey,

I personally can't tell you what a BAS retuned Puma puts out but can post a link to some publicised figures for another tune for perusal:

Ear tiz:

http://www.james-french.co.uk/power-upgrades.asp If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #36311 14th Jul 2010 9:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>