↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > 2020 Defender main discussion thread
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 251 of 351 <123 ... 250251252 ... 349350351>
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

It would work well on a Fuji White 110 as well Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #848342 6th Aug 2020 10:29am
J77

Scotland 
I believe it’s Gordon Lamb that have that one.

The rear looks ok

Click image to enlarge
Post #848352 6th Aug 2020 11:47am
Telemarkskier

United Kingdom 
I quite like that combo
Post #848375 6th Aug 2020 1:58pm
Tim in Scotland

I’m just back from collecting mine from Ulimate Shine Autos in Stirling who are the the local GTechniq agent and the manager says to me “A friend of mine who owns a car wrapping business just wrapped his new Black Defender in Metallic Orange, looks fantastic“ and showed me his photos from FB or Detailing World.......... The same ones as are posted here!
Also in their bays is a Classic 110 with a difference............. 6.3ltr Corvette Motor under the bonnet. Have given mine the works inside and out GTechiq Crystal Ultra treatment like I’ve done to the last 3 cars. He also commented on the new style Land Rover Badges all around the car which gave him nightmares because when he shone his special light across them he thought they were all badly scratched. He got somebody else to look and they said not scratched, the badges all have like an “engine turned “ finish on the Land Rover text! You cannot see it with the naked eye in the sunlight, you need a detailers light thing (an LED torch I suspect!) to see it - they reckon it could be an anti-counterfeiting thing!

Apparrantly the spare gave him a lot of extra work........... he’s applied tyre treatment right down into the treads, not just on the face you see or just the top half but right the way round Shocked no wonder the car was in for 4 days!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on 7th Aug 2020 8:29am. Edited 2 times in total
Post #848383 6th Aug 2020 4:00pm
J77

Scotland 
You notice it on this photo.

Click image to enlarge

The Defenders looking good though.
Post #848386 6th Aug 2020 4:43pm
Naks

South Africa 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Alpine White
Interesting changes to the options & packs:

Click image to enlarge
 --
2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
2015 Range Rover Sport V8 Supercharged

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9
Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ
Post #848473 7th Aug 2020 7:26am
J77

Scotland 
Nice video, English subtitles. It’s a bit lengthy but the off road stuff starts around 18 mins.

Post #848549 7th Aug 2020 2:39pm
Tim in Scotland

I think that’s the best off-road test so far, and the P400 has a lovely engine/exhaust note. I think if they had disabled the DSC in that narrow sandy climb in the dune they wouldn’t have had the reduced power warning and same in the mud but they did drive it as if it were a 20 year old Classic Defender! They seemed to be enjoying themselves - would have been interesting to have pitted it against their own Jimny that was in the background of some of the shots.
And for those wondering if they need to buy a second set of All Terrains for green laning I think the standard issue All Seasons would do just fine for all but the most extreme conditions in the U.K.
how long before we get a Defender Dakar racer? Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #848552 7th Aug 2020 3:42pm
Smilesapart

United Kingdom 
zilch wrote:
anyone for G4 Orange

Click image to enlarge

Oh wow that looks sensational- and a real not to the limited edition run out Defender in 2016 Sold the Puma Defender and bought a brand new Pangea Green 2020 Defender D240 S with a few factory extras!
Post #848561 7th Aug 2020 5:54pm
Tim in Scotland

The only reason I would buy a black one would be to wrap it like that! Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #848568 7th Aug 2020 6:28pm
RDR

United Kingdom 
Had a look round it, looks even better in the flesh. Wraps like that are going to be a big thing with this car i think. 110 MY23.5 X Dynamic HSE
RR MY23 HSE PHEV
D5 MY19 HSE - Now Sold
D4 MY16 HSE Luxury - Now Sold
D4 MY12 HSE - Gone
D3 MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten
Post #848578 7th Aug 2020 8:05pm
spudfan

Ireland 
To anyone who has bought one of the new models, how do you think it would be to drive with a manual gearbox? 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai
Post #848602 7th Aug 2020 11:49pm
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
Smilesapart wrote:
zilch wrote:
anyone for G4 Orange

Click image to enlarge

Oh wow that looks sensational- and a real not to the limited edition run out Defender in 2016

A nod to the 2016 Defender or a nod to this?

Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #848609 8th Aug 2020 5:57am
zilch

Australia 
Laughing a bit of tthe G4 "disco" possibly and a bit of below i think was the inspiration. On their Social media site they
have the obligatory dozens of hash tags and one references the Land Rover Adventure model

Click image to enlarge
 yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY20 110 P400 SE Defender
MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #848623 8th Aug 2020 8:19am
J77

Scotland 
Had the new Defender for 3 hours this morning, didn’t get of to a great start, I was booked into a D240 First Edtion but the radio wasn’t working. So they gave me a D240 S which I was happier with as it’s more like the spec I’d take. This one was Pangea Green and had the 18” alloy and off road tyres.

Loved every minute with it, driving it the D240 was spritely and gearbox very smooth on the shifts. Amazingly no lag when pulling out at junctions and the engine very hushed only noticeable when pushing it a bit. I was surprised how Defender like it felt sitting behind the wheel, not necessarily how it drove but it just had that feel, smaller windscreen, very upright and the big door mirrors all give it a very Land Rover like feel.

Space inside is great, very comfortable driving position with a great view out. Controls seem well laid out though I’m not a fan of the gear selector, I found it got in the way of some of the controls. Pivi Pro infotainment is very slick and looks a lot better than the Incontrol system in my Velar. Though this car also through a wobbly and the radio stopped working.

There is definitely some QC issues needing addressed, but I will say on a whole it is very well put together, but this car suffered with rattling front doors just as others have described. I think the door seals are very slippery and smooth to the touch possibly causing the issues. Also the boot cover on this one rattled a bit and there was clear marks on the fabric where rain water had landed.

Overall though I loved, just a shame LR still can’t get to grips with QC.

Will I continue with my order? Definitely!

Not that it’s my thing, but it turned heads, I passed an old Defender owner and I think it turned his stomach Laughing fuelled it up and on the next pump was D4 owner, he had a good look around it.

Not the best review

Had a bit of a play, it would be rude not to.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

[/quote]
Post #848676 8th Aug 2020 2:58pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 251 of 351 <123 ... 250251252 ... 349350351>