↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > 2020 Defender main discussion thread
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 188 of 351 <123 ... 187188189 ... 349350351>
Print this entire topic · 
BearCZ

Czech Republic 
J77 wrote:
Had a look at pricing a base Defender D240 is £4K more expensive than a base 240 Disco Shocked

Has any 130s been spotted testing?

From what i heard the 130 is delayed due to COV19, now is the priority new RR, D5 facelift and Evogue LWB and new engines in 90/110 (inline six cyl diesel and PHEV)

i think we can see first testing of 130 next year but when ??
Post #833629 27th May 2020 6:13am
custom90

United Kingdom 
Well LR certainly don’t like the slightest criticism of the flaws on the new one that’s for sure or it being known it’s built in Slovakia. On Facebook they are deleting any slightest negative comment possible to make it look oh so popular to clients.

I’ve seen comments there regarding the look of it, especially the cost. That it has too much electronics and probably not enough mechanical reliability and that it won’t be fixed in the field without a technician present.
Most comments are simply deleted and left up are the few positives, and it is a few for a a new release vehicle.

Hardly exactly inspiring even if someone was really interested, for me it’s the image of it and the fact it’s too plush. Just doesn’t have the presence a D2 has in my opinion.
Each to their own of course, but selective advertising is rather strange in my book. Normally minor criticism would be looked into and adjusted for not ignored.

I can see LR heading for a fall, since Ford sold you it’s gone downhill chronic. Sad Diesels Lives Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️
And if You Love the Country, then we’re on the same side ~
I got’ love for Britain, I got’ British pride’. 🇬🇧
Post #834045 29th May 2020 2:13pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Well LR certainly don’t like the slightest criticism of the flaws on the new one that’s for sure or it being known it’s built in Slovakia. On Facebook they are deleting any slightest negative comment possible to make it look oh so popular to clients.

I’ve seen comments there regarding the look of it, especially the cost. That it has too much electronics and probably not enough mechanical reliability and that it won’t be fixed in the field without a technician present.
Most comments are simply deleted and left up are the few positives, and it is a few for a a new release vehicle.

Hardly exactly inspiring even if someone was really interested, for me it’s the image of it and the fact it’s too plush. Just doesn’t have the presence a D2 has in my opinion.
Each to their own of course, but selective advertising is rather strange in my book. Normally minor criticism would be looked into and adjusted for not ignored.

I can see LR heading for a fall, since Ford sold you it’s gone downhill chronic. Sad Diesels Lives Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️
Post #834046 29th May 2020 2:13pm
spudfan

Ireland 
"I can see LR heading for a fall, since Ford sold you it’s gone downhill chronic. "
Does it have hill descent control? 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai
Post #834049 29th May 2020 2:19pm
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
Isn't all advertising selective, to some degree? It's easy to understand why LR don't want to allow negative comments on something that hasn't even been released yet, as they're merely hearsay and opinion. They are in the business of trying to sell the things, after all. It would be different if they were criticism about a specific fault or failing of course, but that hasn't had chance to happen yet. Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #834050 29th May 2020 2:21pm
J77

Scotland 
I’ve never bought into this Facebook nonsense.
Post #834052 29th May 2020 2:26pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
A lot of people know what it looks like already and where it’s made and the pricing. That’s easy to see, makes you wonder how much the servicing would be.
Probably £1100 to £1500 for a service as soon as the warranty is out.
To me it just looks like a Hybrid between various other existing models and there is nothing really specific or special about it.

Not so long ago there was a distinctive difference between a RR, Disco and Defender. (Which is what I liked and so did many others, I liked the Disco 4 a lot).
Once the Evoke monstrosity arrived after the Tata take over, they all started to look like variants of the same model. (With the bull nose evoke style plastic front.)

Mind you, many other makes have done the same too and that makes them equally unappealing to me.
You can see a distinct design differences in a Wrangler to a Cherokee in Jeeps line up for example. The little Suzuki is one of a kind too, although not for me because it’s so small it’s still distinctive in its own right.

There is no doubt in my mind that LR has broken away from its roots it was built on. Now it’s ended up asking for yet another govt bail out from Govt too.

One of the things I liked most about the D2 is that it’s one of a kind and it’s very distinctive in its own right.
The new one just looks like another SUV like many other urban cruisers. Diesels Lives Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️
Post #834058 29th May 2020 2:52pm
Northworthy

Facebook et All
Absolutely J77
The notion that Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snap Chat etc are “social” platforms is risible and perfidious.
Post #834059 29th May 2020 3:02pm
J77

Scotland 
Service plans used to be about £600 for 5 years servicing, I’m not sure what they are now. With it being an ingenium engine I’d assume it will be 2 year/21000ml servicing. My velar had its first one in January, think it was about £450.
Post #834068 29th May 2020 3:48pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Servicing costs vary greatly on area of dealership I’ve noticed over the years as well. Diesels Lives Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️
Post #834073 29th May 2020 4:19pm
lohr500

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
I cheekily banged in the reg from one of the press test vehicles into the JLR website to get a service plan quote. Starting with 2000 miles now and an estimated 10k miles per year. Here's the result :

Click image to enlarge

At 20k miles a year, it's the same price, but the services only cover 3 years.

So across three services, it comes out at just over £700 a time Sad Absolute nonsense when you look at the details on each of the three services :

Click image to enlarge

Looks like business as usual then!!!
Post #834075 29th May 2020 4:32pm
Naks

South Africa 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Alpine White
wow, a 2-year service interval!??? Shocked --
2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
2015 Range Rover Sport V8 Supercharged

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9
Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ
Post #834077 29th May 2020 4:38pm
lohr500

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Yes, looks like 2 years/20,000 miles, whichever comes 1st.
I may be wrong, but I bet there's some electronic jiggery pokery oil sensor though that will kick in and advise on an earlier oil service if it detects excessive dilution from low mileage stop/start short journey conditions.
Post #834079 29th May 2020 4:45pm
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
custom90steve wrote:
A lot of people know what it looks like already and where it’s made and the pricing. That’s easy to see, makes you wonder how much the servicing would be.
Probably £1100 to £1500 for a service as soon as the warranty is out.
To me it just looks like a Hybrid between various other existing models and there is nothing really specific or special about it.

Not so long ago there was a distinctive difference between a RR, Disco and Defender. (Which is what I liked and so did many others, I liked the Disco 4 a lot).
Once the Evoke monstrosity arrived after the Tata take over, they all started to look like variants of the same model. (With the bull nose evoke style plastic front.)

Mind you, many other makes have done the same too and that makes them equally unappealing to me.
You can see a distinct design differences in a Wrangler to a Cherokee in Jeeps line up for example. The little Suzuki is one of a kind too, although not for me because it’s so small it’s still distinctive in its own right.

There is no doubt in my mind that LR has broken away from its roots it was built on. Now it’s ended up asking for yet another govt bail out from Govt too.

One of the things I liked most about the D2 is that it’s one of a kind and it’s very distinctive in its own right.
The new one just looks like another SUV like many other urban cruisers.

Let’s not forget that without the Evoque, JLR could have disappeared years ago. The same happened at the time of the first Discovery and then again when the Freelander 1 arrived.

LR/JLR moves in big circles, never able to break free and has to rely on a none Defender product to keep the brand alive and kicking. The market has changed over the decades and not just the years. Gone are the days of hacking through a jungle and no health and safety regards.

You can drive from John O’Groats to Johannesburg on tarmac. With that as a consideration what vehicle does JLR have in the showroom to tempt the would be ‘adventurer’. It can’t sell the original Defender as that does not exist as a new vehicle anymore.

The modern consumer wants safety features for themselves and their family, they want the tech and be connected, they want good air con and fully adjustable seats for those long journeys. Just look at the flack that Jeep are now getting for the issues around the current Wrangler in terms of accident and passenger safety. Don’t be surprised if the current Wrangler has a big overhaul next, and the purists will go ‘all Defender’ over it

Unless you have the money to go into a dealership to purchase a new vehicle or an approved second hand then you (and myself) are not JLR’s target market, harsh but fair.
Post #834081 29th May 2020 4:46pm
familymad

2016 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 HCPU Santorini Black
But it’s the that the bit that’s about to come home and roost?

They have targeted those that DON’T have the money to buy an LR product. They have sold the PCP dream and attracted a huge amount of custom that will fly back with an inflated GFV to fill fields... 1951 80" S1 2.0
1995 110 300TDI
1995 90 300TDI
Post #834083 29th May 2020 4:48pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 188 of 351 <123 ... 187188189 ... 349350351>