↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Technical > THE webasto Thread
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 16 of 16 <123 ... 141516
Print this entire topic · 
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Did you pair the remote to the receiver?

How did you have the receiver wired up? Which connection did you use to the heater?  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #755554 1st Feb 2019 8:08pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
walfy

I followed the instructions as best I could. Perhaps i need to revisit it and try and not rush it
I looked at the instructions and basically laid the loom out in the same orientation as the diag and went from there. Perhaps again, I need to revisit this in a slow calm methodical moment 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD
RRE HSE Dynamic Gone, wife killed it
VOLVO XC60 R Dynamic with some toys

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #755559 1st Feb 2019 8:20pm
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Happy to help wade through the diagrams and work it out if you need Thumbs Up  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #755584 1st Feb 2019 9:09pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
walfy

Martin, Thanks. Have pulled it all out completely today and used the webasto via the rheostat. Will find time in the week and go back through the instal process. 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #755708 2nd Feb 2019 5:02pm
walfy

Martin, Thanks. Have pulled it all out completely today and used the webasto via the rheostat. Will find time in the week and go back through the instal process. 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #755709 2nd Feb 2019 5:03pm
Matt110

United Kingdom 
Hi all, this seemed a good topic to add into...

I have a webasto Thermotop C.

Installing in a 2.2 puma.

I've rebuilt the heater, but now trying to put together the rest of the kit.

Could anyone tell me......

WATER:

# The ID of the heater hose, and/or what heater hose you've bought to link into the matrix supply feed, i can measure the OD but without taking the pipe off (I'd rather not till i'm actually fitting it) I wont know the ID to buy. Anyone got a good source for this including the inevitable 90 degree elbows needed?

# Does the heater matrix feed line have the same ID as the thermotop, or do I need adaptor to get from one ID to the other?

FUEL:

# The ID of the fuel feed line from the fuel filter to the HP pump? (Am aware of the discussions surrounding how to install the fuel feed line etc, and am following the Transit webasto installation guide as it's just a T-piece in the fuel line then rather than a separate part).

# The size of the quick connector for the fuel filter so I can purchase another one that has a female to male, with a T-off barb in the middle so no cutting of lines is necessary.

General question about how the Thermotops normally run.....
On a Land Rover 12V switched part from a Freelander (I think) - on test, the unit ran till it heated up my bucket of water, then tripped off correctly, trouble is, at the same time, it tripped off the circulation pump. That's not much use if you want the block held at the right temperature for extended periods. Interestingly, when the water in the heater cooled down, it fired the circ pump back up, ran the heater, and heated the whole lot back up again. But again - not much use as the engine block will drop in temperature before the heater does potentially. Also, i'd like the pump to run so that I can use the FFH running, plus the FFH circ pump, and run the Defender interior heater, all off the aux battery so I can keep the engine, and me, warm, without the engine running. For instance when watching events at the side of the road etc.

Do they all do this? Or should mine actually be leaving the 12v FFH circ pump running for the period of time it's turned on?

If that's just how they work i'll just wire my 12v "heater on" switch up to the circ pump too, so that the circ pump runs whenever the heater is commanded to be running, which will solve the issue, but just wondered.

Thanks Very Happy Very Happy
Post #861883 16th Oct 2020 9:56am
Steve_overland

United Kingdom 1997 Defender 110 300 Tdi HT Chawton White
Hi All

I have one to fit to a 300TDI... does any one have any pics or diagrams on how to plumb it in please.

I see to remember a complete thread o this somewhere but can't find it....

Thanks in advance for your help... Building a 110 expedition vehicle, pictures can be found: @steve_overland on Insta.
Post #933552 14th Dec 2021 1:35pm
pistonfields

Switzerland 
Matt110 wrote:
... am following the Transit webasto installation guide as it's just a T-piece in the fuel line then rather than a separate part).

Do you have more info on that? I'm planing to install a diesel heater in my TDCI and unsure where to get the fuel from. I don't need the safety of not being able to drain my tank as I'm well aware of how much fuel I've left and won't use the heater that oftern or for long periods of time (nor am I dependent on the heater). So a quick and dirty t-connector somewhere along the fuel feed or return line would be the simplest and quickest solution... !?
Post #947857 3rd Apr 2022 10:04am
Angus_Beef

Norway 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Corris Grey
Naka does a pretty clean solution

https://www.nakatanenga.de/fahrzeugtechnik...d4-2.2?c=3 Roaming around 🇳🇴🇨🇭
Post #947859 3rd Apr 2022 10:47am
30Dodgeboy

United States 
Webasto identification??
I had purchased a Webasto Thermo C top to use as a parking heater for my vehicle and this thread mentions how many units are switched on via Wbus communication instead of +12V. Externally they seem to look alike, with slight wiring differences at the X1 6-pin connector.

Is there a way to easily identify which configurations are switched on with just +12V to a particular pin?

What options are there to convert a Thermo Top C from Wbus to just +12V to start heating?

I prefer to not use a timer, only a simple switch.

Thanks.
Post #974909 16th Dec 2022 6:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 16 of 16 <123 ... 141516