↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > Swiss 110 Keswick 2.4
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 9 <123456789>
Print this entire topic · 
lolo

Switzerland 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Keswick Green
Furniture - Front left

Front left is dedicated to electricity. Design and building process is a bit more complicated to make sure it fits with my extended driver seat rails and current driving position.

Click image to enlarge

From the interior I have one small multipupose storage area about 50x20x13cm that will also hide the 12v switch panel. Initially this switch panel with 2 USB, 12v plug and voltmeter would have been placed on the face panel, but when switches are on the diodes are lighted on and it is really annoying at night.

Click image to enlarge

Internal storage is accessible by the door

Click image to enlarge

Bottom area is dedicated to an inverter, most probably a 2000w as I really would like to be able to embark a coffee machine. The middle the section will host a leisure battery, most probably a Lithium 200 Ah. Max battery size is 490x220x265.

Than I will mount the DC-DC charger, fuses and other electrical stuff in the right vertical space.

Than all is closed by a removable panel

Click image to enlarge

The overall electrical schema with all components is not yet done. I will try to keep thing simple as electricity is not my domain of expertise. I am looking to learn without burning down the Defender Laughing The overall idea is to have just a single Anderson plug from the starter battery to connect inside the cabinet et voilĂ .
Post #949837 19th Apr 2022 11:58am
lolo

Furniture - Rear left

This one is for the trashcan, sink, water and kitchen gear. It will also support the closing panel used to extend the bed.

Same principle applies to secure the furniture: use the four seat bolts on the side vertical panel. But first make sure it aligns with the front left and offers a flat continuous top edge on which a one piece 26mm thick acacia kitchen top will be installed. Once aligned drill the 4 holes.

Click image to enlarge

Than build and adjust the inner part of the furniture and play with the configuration, tetris like, to fit gas stove, cooking gear, etc..

Click image to enlarge

As for all other furnitures, some 5.4mm "spacers" are fitted at the bottom to manage room for the future insulation. I will used self adhesive Armaflex XG 6mm to pad all furnitures bottoms and sides in contact with body panels. It is not the ultimate insulation but it will be part of the furniture and will keep the Defender stock.

Click image to enlarge

Once finalized, put in place and adjust both inner and vertical pieces and assemble with screws. This way you are sure that it will perfectly fit the Defender body. Last but not least step is to cut away openings.

Click image to enlarge

End result is satisfactory

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Still have to place the sink, build the drawers and doors, but it is starting to look like a small achievement, at least for this part of carpentry.
Post #949885 19th Apr 2022 7:46pm
lolo

Original Wolf rims refurbished

I have sourced original Wolf rims to get a set of 5. The rims were pretty rusty and white color did not match my Chawton White (LRC603) roof.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I was looking for an quick & cheap solution to get them back to a presentable state but there is no magic, so I had the whole set get sand blasted and resprayed, as advised by Darren.

Got them back today, I am very satisfied with the result and glad that the join between the rim runout and the rim has been filled as this location is very prone to rust fast as it is almost impossible to paint correctly into this groove.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Next step is to have the 255/85r16 BFG KM3 mounted Smile
Post #950128 22nd Apr 2022 2:39pm
X4SKP

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Stornoway Grey
Hello lolo

I've been following your story from last year, well done... Thumbs Up ,
you have a 'bespoke' Defender to be proud of,
keep the build photos coming... then the adventures Mr. Green

Good Luck... SKIP
https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic83242.html
Post #950137 22nd Apr 2022 3:30pm
L110CDL

England 
A lot of thought and detail has gone into the " furniture " build, very nice Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #950181 22nd Apr 2022 8:36pm
lolo

Thank you Skip & Clayton!
Post #950250 23rd Apr 2022 4:24pm
lolo

Flooring

I have eventually found vinyl flooring planks matching the color of the acacia kitchen top.

Click image to enlarge

Vinyl flooring is perfect. Easy to cut, fully waterproof, easy to clean.

I completed my hard floor, insulated with 6mm Armaflex-XG from Armacell. Armaflex is an insulation material made of caoutchouc/rubber closed cells, thus it does not absorb moisture.

Click image to enlarge

The concept of spacers to avoid too much compression of the insulation material works well.

Cutting Armaflex is a bit touchy as the material is delicate and easily tears if not cut with a very very sharp cutter. The self adhesive is potent... forget about repositioning once applied. The material is also not very scratch resistant, I hope it will age correctly, as removing it to replace will be a nightmare.

The sandwich is 5.2mm vinyl flooring glued to a sheet of 4mm birch with double sided adhesive tape for carpet, than isolated with 6mm Armaflex.

A perfect fit... those special and rare little moments are rewarding Laughing

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #950252 23rd Apr 2022 5:02pm
L110CDL

England 
Top job with the flooring and you have to cherish those moments when it all comes together Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #950282 23rd Apr 2022 7:53pm
Dinnu

Malta 2012 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Santorini Black
Nice work with the joinery Thumbs Up
Those wolf rims turned out fantastic, and properly protected , again deserve another Thumbs Up 1988 90 Hard Top, 19J Diesel Turbo, Shire Blue - Restoration ongoing
2012 90 CSW, 2.2TDCI, Santorini Black
Post #950284 23rd Apr 2022 8:07pm
lolo

Furniture - Sink, doors and interior roof gallery

I have completed the left cabinet by securing the kitchen top with latches, added two 270mm wide drawers and eventually fitted flip doors to the storage niches. It was really not obvious to have them close square.

The sink has also been fitted. I took a deep breath and trusted my measures to cut the hole in the 26mm acacia panel. Sink is a 9 inches alu baking mold, perfect dimension, not inox but it will do the job.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I also added a kind of interior roof gallery. Dimension is 1350x550mm. It serves 2 main purposes: 1) store windows blinds 2) store and hold the front curtain separating the front row from back at night.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

It will also be useful to mount led lights and store other night gear such as pillow etc.

The 12mm panel is secured in front by the transversal roof reinforcement just in front of the alpine windows so it can (should Smile ) absolutely not move forward, and also secured sideway and back by U shape home made M5 bolts protected by 6mm pvc tube mounted around passenger handles. It will not go anywhere.

Last edited by lolo on 12th May 2022 9:09pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #952109 9th May 2022 7:56pm
L110CDL

England 
Nice finish with the sink in place Very Happy

Good idea but are you sure the " panel " wont move forward, will the " U bolts " slide along the handle in a emergency stop ? 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #952418 12th May 2022 8:31pm
lolo

Updated my post as I added the handles, and also added precision on how the roof console is secured. The panel is diagonaly narrow enough just to be slided and rotated in place, than wide enough to be pushed forward against and catched by the transversal roof reinforcement just in front of the alpine windows. U shape bolts secure the panel sideway, so it should not rotate, and also backward. So in theory I am good to go. And as I not fully trust theory I had make sure the panel is above my head with some margin, just in case
Post #952423 12th May 2022 9:20pm
L110CDL

England 
All good then Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #952425 12th May 2022 9:25pm
lolo

Original Wolf rims ET 20.6 with KM3 255/85r16

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #953992 29th May 2022 4:42pm
CarMan

United Kingdom