↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > 2020 Defender main discussion thread
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 301 of 351 <123 ... 300301302 ... 349350351>
Print this entire topic · 
Logannz

New Zealand 
I'd love to see one in Firenze Red, the orange wrap pics looked amazing, and even the yellow Camel one I saw on Instagram. It feels like a car that would suit bright colours.
Post #867635 16th Nov 2020 2:14am
Tim in Scotland

Keep an eye on the LR Approved Used website as Farnells in the North of England often wrap their cars in bright or offbeat colours. They have sold a fair few RRS’s in some of weirder Lambo and Porsche colours
Kentdale LR has this black/orange one on their approved used website - I think it would look better in gloss than satin though.

Click image to enlarge

Or there’s this Black/Silver SE on Rybrook’s listing

Click image to enlarge
 Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #867671 16th Nov 2020 10:37am
J77

Scotland 
This one is still hanging around.

I’ve no idea why

Click image to enlarge

At least it’s a nice colour underneath the wrap. Pangea Green.
Post #867679 16th Nov 2020 11:00am
Tim in Scotland

Maybe if it wasn’t desert camouflage and was green camo it might appeal to somebody Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #867681 16th Nov 2020 11:07am
DSL

United Kingdom 
I’ve had a quick mooch but have failed dismally, what’s the equivalent of locked access height, with no roof rack?

TIA. Thumbs Up
Post #867732 16th Nov 2020 5:08pm
J77

Scotland 
I think it’s 1970mm in standard height and I’m sure it drops 40mm below that in access height.

On coils it’s (90) 1974mm.
Post #867741 16th Nov 2020 5:41pm
Tim in Scotland

1.92m without a roof rack
Normal height 1.97m

Info is from my in dash “convenience’” menu but it’s not on any e-brochure or LR website and it’s also not in the I-Guide.

BTW DSL have you downloaded the I-Guide from the App Storeor Android Apos website? Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #867742 16th Nov 2020 5:46pm
DSL

United Kingdom 
Many thanks. Bow down No, haven’t done that, was just looking through pdf brochures & google. Will do so now Thumbs Up
Post #867743 16th Nov 2020 5:51pm
Tim in Scotland

It’s the 21st Century version of an owner’s handbook, you won’t get a paper owners manual in the car. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #867756 16th Nov 2020 7:14pm
Digger2000

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 90 Other HT Tonga Green
Digger2000 wrote:
The D240 with 22” that had come with 6 piston callipers was someone in the new Defender Facebook group. My car order expected in December is D250 but like me he wanted 22” rims and the option to be able to buy additional set of 18” for off road use. It wasn’t until he ordered the 18” steel wheels through his dealership that they realised they wouldn’t fit because it had the 6 pistons callipers, even the dealerships chief engineer thought the factory had put the wrong callipers on.

Anyway today I got straight on the phone and managed to change the order to the standard 20” rims that come on the first edition spec which will come with the 2 pistons callipers. But the strange thing was that the dealerships systems didn’t have any of the information about the 22” wheel option changes to the 6 pistons setup, they asked me to screenshot it so they could see what I was talking about! Looks like their systems aren’t up to date. I’ve probably saved a few other peoples orders that will have to be amended because I bet I’m not the only one that wanted 2 sets of wheels one being big set for day to day driving the other being for off road.

Update on my Defender order saga...just had a call from the dealership informing me that when they went to change the 22” wheels the build was locked and unable to modify it but also they noticed that my original order was wrong and that it had the 19” wheels selected! As it happens this will mean I won’t get those 6 piston callipers but I won’t get the standard FE 20” 5 spoke wheels. The dealership have come up with a few options:-

1) I take the car with 19” wheels.
2) they are going to see if another car comes in with the 20” wheels and do a swap with my 19”.
3) they refund me my money because it is not what I ordered.

I also suggested I would accept the dark grey satin 5 spoke which is exactly the same wheel just different colour.

So basically I’m just going to see what happens when it turns up in December and make a decision when it arrives.
Post #867760 16th Nov 2020 7:16pm
nowrxo

Option 1 should be 19" wheels + appropriate level of refund + goodwill gesture.
Option 2 seems a bit of a cop-out. "If" (and only if?) they get a car with 20" wheels, they'll swap with yours? How generous of them to give the customer what they thought they'd ordered!
Option 3 presumably is because they think they'll sell the car without problem.
Post #867804 16th Nov 2020 10:19pm
Digger2000

Yes I know what you mean but at the moment I’m seeing what they come up with because I might get some wheels I prefer more than the ones that come on the First Edition Spec like the satin dark grey 5 spoke or I’ve just thought that since I was going to buy additional set of 18” steel wheels if they can swap the 19” for those I’d be happy and will save me money. But if there is no other solution than to get a refund I’ll kick up a right fuss. Thumbs Up
Post #867821 16th Nov 2020 11:25pm
Neilson

United States 
2.0L P300 w/jump seat, steelies and rack.... as county-is as I could get it here in the US. I do wish the Diesel was an option.

Click image to enlarge
Post #867831 17th Nov 2020 12:27am
Digger2000

Beauty that mate! Is that Tasman blue?
Post #867832 17th Nov 2020 12:34am
Neilson

United States 
Thank you and yes. Tasman with white roof and black pack. I honestly thought it was a flat blue, but in actuality it is metallic.
Post #867835 17th Nov 2020 12:58am
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 301 of 351 <123 ... 300301302 ... 349350351>