↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > 2020 Defender main discussion thread
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 272 of 351 <123 ... 271272273 ... 349350351>
Print this entire topic · 
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
You know that's a man given a free vehicle by a manufacturer quite literally repeating the line fed him by the JLR marketing bod off camera?

Post #852226 26th Aug 2020 8:57pm
J77

Scotland 
MrEleven wrote:
My radio has stopped working today. Anyone else have this problem? Noticed it said it had done a live update and guessing its messed up my radio.

My demo cars radio stopped working and also the car I was supposed to have the radio packed in. They disconnected the battery which cured it, no idea if it reoccurred though.
Post #852229 26th Aug 2020 9:03pm
charliedrives

United Kingdom 
Defender videos
Hi all, just came across this forum and thought i'd share my experiences of the new Defender.
If you are considering ownership feel free to get in touch and ask questions!! Just got back from a 3000 mile road trip and its been pretty awesome!!!
Post #852313 27th Aug 2020 10:37am
J77

Scotland 
Have yet to watch the video myself. Wrangler v Defender v G Wagon

Post #852392 27th Aug 2020 3:42pm
Tim in Scotland

Charlie we’ve been watching you since you started posting about the car in YouTube! Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #852395 27th Aug 2020 4:19pm
MrEleven

Scotland 
I fixed the radio tim, seen online you just hold the power button down for 20 seconds and it must do some sort of reset.
Post #852402 27th Aug 2020 4:36pm
charliedrives

United Kingdom 
Tim in Scotland wrote:
Charlie we’ve been watching you since you started posting about the car in YouTube!
Haha nice one Smile glad to hear my YT videos have been reaching you guys here!
Working on a new video at the moment as we attempt to build the Lego version of the New Defender!!!
Post #852405 27th Aug 2020 4:44pm
Pacha

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Stornoway Grey
J77 wrote:
Have yet to watch the video myself. Wrangler v Defender v G Wagon

Good watch. Rgds.

Chris
Post #852408 27th Aug 2020 4:55pm
Tim in Scotland

Charlie, when you Piet pt2 of the road trip on YT please put a link here to it.

Edit, don’t bother, I see parts 2 and 3 are already there so for everyone else here, here are the links

Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on 27th Aug 2020 7:38pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #852433 27th Aug 2020 6:38pm
charliedrives

United Kingdom 
Haha thanks for sharing!!
Post #852437 27th Aug 2020 6:49pm
Tim in Scotland

Some answers to your queries and some from me might be able to answer

A pillar trims, these are now a recall on all cars BUT don’t hold your breath waiting for them, I’ve been waiting 6 weeks for the call to say that mine (Pangea Green too) have arrived at the dealership. At speed the rapping noise sounds like a squillions bugs meeting their maker on the windscreen was how I described it to my dealer! On my First Edition it only starts tapping above about 60mph too.

Intermittent Wipers - I gave the same problem that the intermittent seems to have a mind of its own, sometimes it’s fine, sometimes it just doesn’t want to come on in Auto mode no matter how many times you reset the interval on the adjuster then once it’s started it’s fine.

Wiper juddering - I have this and thought is was possible that when I had the car detailed and G Techniq applied (not by the dealer but at a 3rd party detailer) they might have treated the screen with a water repellent polish too as I had the same problem with my last car after the G Techniq was applied. Have you had any detailing and polish applied? I’m sure my wipers didn’t do it before the detailing.

Squashed bugs on the front screen - the wipers don’t seem to be very good at getting them off. I like the way the washer water comes out from the wiper arm but find that the lowest jet on the driver side arm is too low and the water hardly cleans anything. I’m also concerned about the pipes freezing in winter as I don’t think my car has the cold climate pack

Day/night setting on the centre screen and dash - seems to be on a different light sensor to the auto-on for the headlights as often I will drive under an avenue of trees the two screens go dark to night mode but the headlights don’t come on (I also have the matrix headlights) . When this happens in bright sun light the screens go so dark I cannot read them.

Suspension lowering at speed - the L322 Range Rover used to lower at 65mph “for stability at speed” IIRC, all 3 RR Sports that I owned wouldn’t lower until over 100mph. Your car will not lower to access mode above (have to verify again) 15mph so pressing it at speed won’t lower the car.

Adaptive Cruise - I don’t have this BUT PowerfulUK has recently found that there is a radar for it fitted to cars even though it isn’t specced! I had it on my TDV8 Sport but there was no option to revert it to conventional cruise control in weather when it didn’t like to engage like sleety snow that blocked the sensor, can you now have the option to not use adaptive in the dash menus now so you can still gave conventional cruise if you prefer? Your problem with it detecting slower things and Armco barriers might be reduced if you reduced the detection range of other cars?

Did using Eco in the TR make any appreciable difference to acceleration/ fuel consumption - also did it do anything to the climate control to help save fuel? Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #852452 27th Aug 2020 7:35pm
BigCol66

United Kingdom 
Re: Defender videos
charliedrives wrote:
Hi all, just came across this forum and thought i'd share my experiences of the new Defender.
If you are considering ownership feel free to get in touch and ask questions!! Just got back from a 3000 mile road trip and its been pretty awesome!!!

Seen your videos excellent review. I wanted to ask you what you think of the lights on your new Defender?
Post #852514 28th Aug 2020 12:19am
Naks

South Africa 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Alpine White
https://www.instagram.com/p/CEZX0eWFxH9/

"P300 new defender running @evocorsewheels thanks to @noroadclub running what looks to be 34 or 35 inch sand tyres in the middle east." --
2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
2015 Range Rover Sport V8 Supercharged

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9
Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ
Post #852543 28th Aug 2020 8:44am
familymad

2016 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 HCPU Santorini Black
They look tight in the arches. Maybe ok on off-road height 1951 80" S1 2.0
1995 110 300TDI
1995 90 300TDI
Post #852544 28th Aug 2020 8:47am
Retroanaconda

Scotland 
I noticed the issue with the clock during my test drive too. It seemed to revert to GMT (so an hour slow) when it lost the 4G signal on the car’s built-in SIM card.

I presume there’s a setting somewhere which needed changing as I’d like to think that the car would be able to update the clock automatically without needing an internet connection to do so.
Post #852605 28th Aug 2020 12:54pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 272 of 351 <123 ... 271272273 ... 349350351>