↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Orders 2021MY (L663) > 2021 Model Year
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 7 1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
The_hog

Iceland 
2021 Model Year
Hello all, new here and in the process of specking my 110 S.
Can anyone tell me ca. when JLR switches to model year 2021?
Also are there any rumors about changes for 2021?
Finally, in your opinion, should I go ahead and order right now, or wait for 2021?

Last edited by The_hog on 5th Aug 2020 11:54am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #848117 4th Aug 2020 11:26pm
Tim in Scotland

The list of actual changes to the U.K. spec for 2021 are on page 4 of this thread https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic73570.html
Usually here the next model year comes to market in September but as Defender hasn’t been on sale long I’m not sure if that will be the case this year, somebody else will be along who can remember because it has been mentioned. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #848127 5th Aug 2020 5:18am
The_hog

Iceland 
Much obliged Tim, for this link.
Exciting times.
I will be searching this forum thoroughly for info.
F. ex. now adaptive cruise is only available as a very expensive package which includes things I do not need.
Wonder if it will be made available as a separate option.
In my Macan it was half the price it is in the Defender.

Last edited by The_hog on 5th Aug 2020 12:26pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #848183 5th Aug 2020 11:24am
Tim in Scotland

Pricing - welcome to the world of Land Rover! Putting a plastic cover with the oval marque on it Land Rover considers is OK to then double its price. Things like roof bars and bike racks are a case in point, it won’t be long before the contractural clauses of Thule and the other 3rd party suppliers will run out and you will be able to buy bits on the open market at sensible prices,
In U.K. if you want a Warn electric winch on the front of your new Defender it will cost you £5000.......... because from JLR you also need to buy a subframe to mount it on that complies with pedestrian safety rules. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #848188 5th Aug 2020 11:47am
The_hog

Iceland 
Quote:
In U.K. if you want a Warn electric winch on the front of your new Defender it will cost you £5000.......... because from JLR you also need to buy a subframe to mount it on that complies with pedestrian safety rules.

In my days as a farmer, many moons ago, I would have made this subframe myself with some scrap iron from old farm machinery. Smile

And the roof rack, which i will be needing, is just outrageously priced.
That one will have to come from some third party.
Post #848198 5th Aug 2020 12:29pm
discomog

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
The worst thing to have happened to the car market in recent years is the introduction of "Packs". They're all at it. If for example you want to opt for a reversing camera to compliment your rear parking sensors you can only have one if you buy the "technology pack" which includes a reverse camera, front parking sensors and lane assist. So you finish up paying an arm and a leg for a load of extras you will rarely use. Defender 90XS SW
Mini Countryman Cooper S
Morgan Plus 8
Post #848221 5th Aug 2020 3:26pm
J77

Scotland 
Think part of the reason is the real world emission testing, they have to calculate those added bits and pieces into the cars CO2.
Post #848224 5th Aug 2020 3:31pm
Tim in Scotland

The 3D reversing cam system is brilliant, exceptionally clear and you can “see” away from the car if you drag the picture so no excuse for hitting anything. The Park Distance sensors are also exceptionally accurate - I can park the new car within 5cm if the old one on my drive the red line limit is so accurate. It will interesting to see how well the reverse cam above the rear number plate fairs in the winter with slush and grim on the riad, even though it has a washer system I suspect it needs a tiny wiper too. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on 5th Aug 2020 3:35pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #848225 5th Aug 2020 3:33pm
J77

Scotland 
As mine will be a 21MY I’ll have to pay extra for that.
Post #848227 5th Aug 2020 3:35pm
Tim in Scotland

Not if you buy a 110 now from dealer stock! However you insist on waiting for a 90 in the spring then it would be one of the few things really worth paying the extra for. One thing I wouldn’t pay extra for is the rear view Clearview cam system, i rarely carry passengers or big high loads and the only time I used it on the road it made me feel carsick......and while the interior is wipe clean, I wouldn’t want the car smelling that bad. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on 5th Aug 2020 3:54pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #848228 5th Aug 2020 3:36pm
J77

Scotland 
I’ll see what happens on Saturday, my heart says 90 but the head is saying 110.

I tried clearsight rear view at dealer launch and I wasn’t a fan, perhaps it takes a bit of getting used to but I wouldn’t pay £525 for it.
Post #848229 5th Aug 2020 3:41pm
Kevantlin

United Kingdom 
Is it such a bad thing that when you hit a pedestrian they don’t die ?

We could all weld some angle iron and box section to the front of our Landy, but who would like to be hit by that at 30mph.

It’s 2020, let’s move on.
Post #848271 5th Aug 2020 7:31pm
J77

Scotland 
Don’t think anybody is disputing that.
Post #848273 5th Aug 2020 7:39pm
Kevantlin

United Kingdom 
Responding to the comments about the price of an OEM A frame and winch vs what could be done in “my day on the farm”
Post #848277 5th Aug 2020 7:48pm
The_hog

Iceland 
Thank you all who chimed in.
I did to day finalize an order for a 110 240 S with a few goodies.
Tasman blue - white top.
18 inchers (grey) with the Off Road tires - as I want as much rubber as possible to be able to deflate a little when stuck, as happens some times here in Iceland
Sliding panoramic roof.
Meridian sound
Fridge for beverages.
Heat in seats and steering wheel.
Third seat row for the grandkids.
Tow bar.
Etc, etc.
Delivery hopefully in November.
Post #848282 5th Aug 2020 8:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 7 1234567>