↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Orders 2021MY (L663) > 2021 Model Year
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 7 <1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
zilch

Australia 
The_hog wrote:
And the roof rack, which i will be needing, is just outrageously priced.
That one will have to come from some third party.

worth checking out Front Runner in regard to an after market roof rack, assume it will be somewhere
between 50-70% of the cost of the LR expedition rack.. when it is released however, not seen anything
on the Front Runner pricing or availability date as yet

https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/a...-roof-rack yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY20 110 P400 SE Defender
MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #848300 5th Aug 2020 11:13pm
jsinclair

Australia 
Re: 2021 Model Year
zilch wrote:
worth checking out Front Runner in regard to an after market roof rack, assume it will be somewhere
between 50-70% of the cost of the LR expedition rack.. when it is released however, not seen anything

https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/a...-roof-rack

Would something like that require the OEM roof rails or does it require them NOT to be present? Having seen the expedition rack in person, I am looking to go something aftermarket down the track instead. Just not sure whether to spec the roof rails or not, since its a decent saving to get them from the factory, vs fitted later on at the dealer.
Post #849397 12th Aug 2020 1:07am
zilch

Australia 
i would give frontrunner a ping on email. I have been in touch a few times, but i have been
unable to gleam any info in terms of availability and price yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY20 110 P400 SE Defender
MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #849398 12th Aug 2020 2:12am
PaulMark

South Africa 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Alpine White
Re: 2021 Model Year
jsinclair wrote:
zilch wrote:

https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/a...-roof-rack

Would something like that require the OEM roof rails or does it require them NOT to be present? Having seen the expedition rack in person, I am looking to go something aftermarket down the track instead. Just not sure whether to spec the roof rails or not, since its a decent saving to get them from the factory, vs fitted later on at the dealer.

I have also been struggling to get any kind of info out of Front a Runner despite them having originally advertised the rack back in January! In fact my LR dealer told me that when their first Defenders arrived at the beginning of
July Front Runner had spent a day there measuring everything up so I think it may be a while still.

Regarding the OEM rails they told me that “looks like it won’t require the OEM rails” but I would take that with a healthy pinch of salt.
Post #849409 12th Aug 2020 6:51am
Smilesapart

United Kingdom 
J77 wrote:
As mine will be a 21MY I’ll have to pay extra for that.

I ordered my D240S only a a couple of weeks ago and I have had it confirmed that mine WILL include as standard the 360 degree camera/reversing camera And that mine is a MY 2020.5
And they don’t start making mine until 9th September Sold the Puma Defender and bought a brand new Pangea Green 2020 Defender D240 S with a few factory extras!
Post #849448 12th Aug 2020 9:11am
J77

Scotland 
I won’t be submitting an order at the moment. I’m not looking to take mine until March 21. I’ll be going 110 as I think the 90 will be just a bit too impractical. Though want to keep to a tight budget as I usually get carried away so it will be a D200.

Basically it will be this

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #849484 12th Aug 2020 12:20pm
Tim in Scotland

Having now twice come home after a full day out in the car with a beetroot face and sunburned scalp I would consider the solar reflective front screen if I were ordering one now. I didn’t have the sun roof open either because of dust on the forest tracks we drove. The 2 zone air con is well up to handling current hot weather too - setting 18.0 is quite cold enough even on a baking hot Scottish 26C day Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #849488 12th Aug 2020 12:42pm
J77

Scotland 
Tim I’m trying to be good, by the time March comes I’ll be in Defender X Laughing

I guess I’ll notch up another few million online configurations.
Post #849506 12th Aug 2020 1:27pm
Tim in Scotland

Mr. Green The centre cubby fridge also helps to cool your bottle of SPF 50 sun cream as well as 4 cans of soft drinks........... Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #849511 12th Aug 2020 1:47pm
Smilesapart

United Kingdom 
J77 wrote:
I won’t be submitting an order at the moment. I’m not looking to take mine until March 21. I’ll be going 110 as I think the 90 will be just a bit too impractical. Though want to keep to a tight budget as I usually get carried away so it will be a D200.

Basically it will be this

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

The white one I saw yesterday was a D200 and she was singing it’s praises so I’m sure the engine will be great! This was the spec/colour/wheel & roof combo I’d settled on after 350 different times using the Configurator. And I have to say it does look bloody gorgeous in these photos!
Unfortunately once I’d been to the dealership I got carried away and ended up with a D240 because that’s what I drove. I’m sure if my demonstrator had been a D200 I’d have got that as I’m sure I’d have been just as happy. But then because I didn’t like the blue in the flesh Outside it altered Everything. I then changed the colour and got heavily influenced by my partner.
This is the white D200 Sold the Puma Defender and bought a brand new Pangea Green 2020 Defender D240 S with a few factory extras!
Post #849512 12th Aug 2020 1:50pm
Smilesapart

United Kingdom 

Click image to enlarge

And this is roughly how mine will look

Click image to enlarge
 Sold the Puma Defender and bought a brand new Pangea Green 2020 Defender D240 S with a few factory extras!
Post #849513 12th Aug 2020 1:51pm
Smilesapart

United Kingdom 
Tim in Scotland wrote:
Mr. Green The centre cubby fridge also helps to cool your bottle of SPF 50 sun cream as well as 4 cans of soft drinks...........

Oh don’t Tim please as Since placing my order I’ve already gone back and added Solar Attenuating Windscreen, Three way aircon so the dogs can stay cooler in the back and roof rails. And I keep looking at that cooler box and saying no, it’s getting out of hand and it was long over budget ages ago!! That’s the problem with a pcp. The monthly repayments change so little as you add the extras! But the total price racks up terrifyingly Sold the Puma Defender and bought a brand new Pangea Green 2020 Defender D240 S with a few factory extras!
Post #849515 12th Aug 2020 2:01pm
Tim in Scotland

Look at it this way, the fridge is only useful for what, 2 months a year max, unless you want to stash your Bounty bars in there and keep them cold year round ( I’m not allowed chocolate so have to make do with 7Up Zero!). You’ll soon have added enough to go for a First Edition........ at least you now have the best colour! What colour interior have you gone for? I saw a Pangea Green with the Khaki interior yesterday and it’s a nice combination.

The Amazon delivery driver for this area cornered me yesterday while I was cutting my lawn and told me that in the last 10 days at least 5 customers on his rounds locally now have a New Defender, but he said “your Green and Black looks the best“. I asked which colour he thought didn’t look great if any, immediately no thought required, black, then the blue. He was disappointed with the Blue because he had seen photos of blue ones with white contrast roof but in the flesh he thought blue was rather insipid/ dull........... but definitely Black doesn’t suit the car. He gave white the Thumbs Up too. He’s seen more of them around here than I have. I’ve only seen a few on the roads - two sightings were member MrEleven’s Silver one Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #849519 12th Aug 2020 2:12pm
J77

Scotland 
I was lucky enough to see Tasman Blue in my dealers compound, even better it had the steel wheels. Looked good IMO. They’ve got a base model coming at some point with the white roof.
Post #849531 12th Aug 2020 3:08pm
Smilesapart

United Kingdom 
Tim in Scotland wrote:
You’ll soon have added enough to go for a First Edition........ at least you now have the best colour! What colour interior have you gone for? I saw a Pangea Green with the Khaki interior yesterday and it’s a nice combination.

Well we have got to almost to the cost of the First Edition but we didn’t want the contrasting roof and we wanted some stuff that the FE didn’t have and it has things we didn’t want/need.

Yes we’ve also chosen it with the Khaki interior. The one we tested had the lighter interior and I was concerned it would mark too easily and I don’t like all black interiors. I’ve chose the sunroof as well to let extra light in Sold the Puma Defender and bought a brand new Pangea Green 2020 Defender D240 S with a few factory extras!
Post #849535 12th Aug 2020 3:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 7 <1234567>