↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Orders 2021MY (L663) > 2021 Model Year
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 7 <1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
Smilesapart

United Kingdom 
J77 wrote:
I was lucky enough to see Tasman Blue in my dealers compound, even better it had the steel wheels. Looked good IMO. They’ve got a base model coming at some point with the white roof.

It’s a personal choice. I think the blue and white in photos always looks superb. To be fair the one I saw in the flash was all blue with black detailing. Maybe if it had the white roof and wheels I’d have a completely different reaction. But you love it and that’s all that matters Sold the Puma Defender and bought a brand new Pangea Green 2020 Defender D240 S with a few factory extras!
Post #849536 12th Aug 2020 3:29pm
Tim in Scotland

When I had my 15 minute test drive in June it was in a Gangsta Edition D200, black everything including te wheels but strangely it had a white headlining and it looked a bit odd with it. At the time that was the only colour headliner you could had but I see now the 2021 spec has a black headliner as a no cost option.
My last 3 cars have had all black interiors But they have also had a panoramic roof which helps a lot to lighten the inside. One thing I have found with the Acorn interior in the Defender is the seats still get jolly hot on a sunny day! Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #849540 12th Aug 2020 3:45pm
J77

Scotland 
Smilesapart wrote:
J77 wrote:
I was lucky enough to see Tasman Blue in my dealers compound, even better it had the steel wheels. Looked good IMO. They’ve got a base model coming at some point with the white roof.

It’s a personal choice. I think the blue and white in photos always looks superb. To be fair the one I saw in the flash was all blue with black detailing. Maybe if it had the white roof and wheels I’d have a completely different reaction. But you love it and that’s all that matters

I like a blue car.

If she ain’t Blue she won’t do Laughing
Post #849565 12th Aug 2020 5:16pm
Tim in Scotland

Says the man with a white Velar......... Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #849568 12th Aug 2020 5:24pm
J77

Scotland 
Can’t get proper Blue in the Velar, just Byron Blue which is more grey looking at times and when I bought it I had choice of Black or White, it was just going into build and destined to be dealer stock. I often thought Loire Blue would’ve looked nice on the Velar but Gerry though otherwise.

I do grudge paying for a colour to be honest, if I can’t get Blue I take white, though I’ve had 2 silvers and an Orange which went against my better judgement as it was a premium colour.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #849571 12th Aug 2020 5:33pm
Tim in Scotland

Hope you didn’t suffer any damage in the storms last night J. We were forecast to have them but they missed us out. I went to Stirling this morning they were mopping up in the city centre and when I visited Sainsbury’s half the store and the back offices were being mopped out, looked like part of the roof drainage system had failed inside the building deluging it. 16 miles west and not a drop of rain or a rumble of thunder. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #849594 12th Aug 2020 7:01pm
J77

Scotland 
Not me personally Tim but Fife did get a battering, it lasted all night.

This is Victoria Hospital staff car park

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

And there was a landslide at Pettycur bay caravan park

Click image to enlarge

This is the main road between burntlsland and kinghorn

Post #849597 12th Aug 2020 7:15pm
Smilesapart

United Kingdom 
Oh my god!!!!
I’ve been praying for rain and cooler temperatures but yet you see that you realise you need to be careful what you wish for! Sold the Puma Defender and bought a brand new Pangea Green 2020 Defender D240 S with a few factory extras!
Post #849604 12th Aug 2020 7:39pm
Smilesapart

United Kingdom 
[quote=

Click image to enlarge

][/quote]

Love the Disco Sport colour combo. You have this AND a Velar or did the Velar replace it? It doesn’t look very old? How old is the Velar? Is that going to be part exchanged for the Defender in March? Sold the Puma Defender and bought a brand new Pangea Green 2020 Defender D240 S with a few factory extras!
Post #849606 12th Aug 2020 7:42pm
J77

Scotland 
I knew the rain was bad but I’d no idea it was this bad.

I traded in a D4 for the DS back in March 2015, that photo was the day I picked it up, but I really wasn’t a fan of it. So I some how managed to wangle a deal to trade it in for a new D4 also in Loire Blue and it worked out cheaper per month some how, I traded that in for a D5 which suffered with oil dilution issues, so long story short, salesman made me a deal on a brand new Velar, as I didn’t want another D5. By the time I get my Defender the Velar will be 3.

I should add the Velar is a fantastic car, I love it, it’s had its issues, but sitting in the Defender felt right, you know how you just get that feeling.
Post #849607 12th Aug 2020 7:44pm
Tim in Scotland

A months rain in 45 minutes they reckon, also possibly the cause of the awful train derailment near Stonehaven this morning that left the driver, conductor and another person dead and a lot of injured passengers. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on 12th Aug 2020 10:04pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #849616 12th Aug 2020 8:18pm
90 Dreamer

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
Terrible news
Post #849624 12th Aug 2020 9:05pm
Smilesapart

United Kingdom 
Yep really tragic news. I’m not religious, but as the saying goes ‘but for the grace of god...”
and all that! You never know when times up! Sold the Puma Defender and bought a brand new Pangea Green 2020 Defender D240 S with a few factory extras!
Post #849665 13th Aug 2020 7:15am
Smilesapart

United Kingdom 
J77 wrote:
I knew the rain was bad but I’d no idea it was this bad.

I traded in a D4 for the DS back in March 2015, that photo was the day I picked it up, but I really wasn’t a fan of it. So I some how managed to wangle a deal to trade it in for a new D4 also in Loire Blue and it worked out cheaper per month some how, I traded that in for a D5 which suffered with oil dilution issues, so long story short, salesman made me a deal on a brand new Velar, as I didn’t want another D5. By the time I get my Defender the Velar will be 3.

I should add the Velar is a fantastic car, I love it, it’s had its issues, but sitting in the Defender felt right, you know how you just get that feeling.

Yes I used to drive various models of the mk1 Disco Sport, and while I love it’s looks, I never liked it to drive. I was always unimpressed. But I think the Mk2 is supposed to be much better. I nearly bought a Disco 5 instead of the Defender but I’m very glad I didn’t now. Sold the Puma Defender and bought a brand new Pangea Green 2020 Defender D240 S with a few factory extras!
Post #849666 13th Aug 2020 7:19am
zilch

Australia 
Re: 2021 Model Year
PaulMark wrote:

I have also been struggling to get any kind of info out of Front a Runner despite them having originally advertised the rack back in January! In fact my LR dealer told me that when their first Defenders arrived at the beginning of
July Front Runner had spent a day there measuring everything up so I think it may be a while still.

Regarding the OEM rails they told me that “looks like it won’t require the OEM rails” but I would take that with a healthy pinch of salt.

Thumbs Up likewise, i actually gave up and forked out for the expedition rack from LR,
something i thought i would avoid cost wise, got to impatient, and want to get the vehicle
ready for its lap of OZ as quickly as possible when it rocks up.. If Frontrunner could have given
me at least some approximations then i may have held off until it was available.. but got nothing back yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY20 110 P400 SE Defender
MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #849671 13th Aug 2020 8:14am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 7 <1234567>