↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > 2020 Defender main discussion thread
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 234 of 351 <123 ... 233234235 ... 349350351>
Print this entire topic · 
zilch

Australia 
I suspect JLR allocated two parts of sod all for Australia, hence why the quickly filled a very small quota.
Zero proof, but we are on the arse end of the product launch, so it seems they are not busting a gut to
showcase the Defender here. yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY20 110 P400 SE Defender
MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #842522 8th Jul 2020 12:14pm
zilch

Australia 
J77 wrote:
18” Rays Wheels on P400

Click image to enlarge

Any details J.. definitely interested yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY20 110 P400 SE Defender
MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #842524 8th Jul 2020 12:16pm
J77

Scotland 
Can’t find any technical details about them, other than they are fitted by someone in Dubai.
Post #842532 8th Jul 2020 12:56pm
MrEleven

Scotland 
Just back from alton towers, drove down from Glasgow and re filled the tank at 480miles but light still hadn’t come on for low fuel. So guessing would easily get 530+ miles from a full tank. Pretty good i think.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #842556 8th Jul 2020 2:52pm
Huttopia

United Kingdom 
I popped into my local dealership today to have some number plates made up to switch HUE to the little pick up. I had a wander around the new Defender, they had a black one with black wheels and darkened windows etc, it looked quite purposeful, even if I couldn't work out what that purpose was for £61k, perhaps cruising around the mean streets of Droitwich. I had a chat with one of the sales guys I've known for years and he said they are flat out busy (but running on limited staff numbers) and had sold their allocation of Defenders bar one or two cancellations. They also had a very smart looking new Def in green, which I really liked the look of in the flesh.

Whilst there I had a look at a 66 plate Disco 4, which looked great from a distance, nice unusual grey with grey wheels, but it was a bit tatty close up. The rear bumper around the detachable tow bar area was a mess from missed hook ups, the side steps were in a mess and the wheels kerbed. All that for £29,999 (51k miles). I don't know if it hadn't been prepped for sale yet, but it was otherwise shiny and clean. I'd definitely like a late D4, but I'll keep looking....
Post #842563 8th Jul 2020 3:14pm
PaulMark

South Africa 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Alpine White
zilch wrote:
J77 wrote:
18” Rays Wheels on P400

Click image to enlarge

Any details J.. definitely interested

Click image to enlarge
Post #842574 8th Jul 2020 3:55pm
spudfan

Ireland 
MrEleven wrote:
Just back from alton towers, drove down from Glasgow and re filled the tank at 480miles but light still hadn’t come on for low fuel. So guessing would easily get 530+ miles from a full tank. Pretty good i think.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I can get 500 miles from a fill up in the 110 200 tdi . 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai
Post #842584 8th Jul 2020 4:27pm
Philm

United Kingdom 
Not with the same comfort though Thumbs Up
Post #842588 8th Jul 2020 4:32pm
spudfan

Ireland 
No denying that Very Happy but I have a Puma which is much more refined and relaxing to drive (a fine machine) but the mileage is not as good as the 200 tdi. No doubt this is down to emissions regulations on the Puma. Seems strange that you can have years of diesel engine development environmental wise yet end up using more fuel Laughing 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai
Post #842593 8th Jul 2020 5:02pm
Tim in Scotland

The original owner of my TDi300 specced it with a diesel cat.......... when the front end of the exhaust rotted I was advised not to replace the cat,blank off bits and remove all the electronics and probes. Doing that liberated an extra 3mpg and in 2018 when both my 90 and my RRS went in for MOT within two weeks of each other the garage asked me to take the 90 back because they thought that there was an issue with the emissions measuring kit as my TDi had shown lower emissions than my 2015.5 RRS with all the DPF kit on it. They retested the 90 and there was no issue with their testing kit, it had lower emissions than my RRS SDv6 3.0ltr.

Mr Eleven, not a bad mpg for what I assume was the round trip sat at national motorway speed limit all the way there and back and it’s mostly up hill on the way north too Wink when I used to drive to London a lot I always got better MPG going south (and often into the wind) than on the drive north in all the RRS’s and FullFat Rangies. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #842662 8th Jul 2020 10:24pm
22900013A

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Keswick Green
Iirc the Tdi Defenders had a slightly larger fuel tank than the Tdci/TD5, which might explain the more miles per tank. From what I've seen there is precious little difference in MPG and tyre chouce makes a huge difference. 2011 110 USW
1973 Series III 1-Ton
1972 Series III 1-Ton Cherrypicker
1969 IIA 1-Ton
1966 IIA 88"
Post #842679 9th Jul 2020 6:14am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MrEleven

Scotland 
Tim in Scotland wrote:

Mr Eleven, not a bad mpg for what I assume was the round trip sat at national motorway speed limit all the way there and back and it’s mostly up hill on the way north too Wink when I used to drive to London a lot I always got better MPG going south (and often into the wind) than on the drive north in all the RRS’s and FullFat Rangies.

Yes it was a nice drive on the motorway, sat around 80/90 most of the way and received my speeding fine in the post today lol. First fine ive had in probably 10 years. Doing 82 in a 70. What does that get you nowadays 3 points and fine ?
Post #842807 9th Jul 2020 5:57pm
umbertob

United States 
zilch wrote:
J77 wrote:
18” Rays Wheels on P400

Click image to enlarge

Any details J.. definitely interested

The Rays Wheels importer here in the US says those are 18" TE37 Saga in Diamond Dark Gunmetal, 5x120 but he is unsure about width and offset used by that dealer is Dubai, since Rays has not released a wheel / specs for the new Defender yet. Price of those puppies will give you a nosebleed. Around here they retail for US$800+. Each.
Post #842823 9th Jul 2020 6:38pm
Tim in Scotland

MrEleven wrote:
Tim in Scotland wrote:

Mr Eleven, not a bad mpg for what I assume was the round trip sat at national motorway speed limit all the way there and back and it’s mostly up hill on the way north too Wink when I used to drive to London a lot I always got better MPG going south (and often into the wind) than on the drive north in all the RRS’s and FullFat Rangies.

Yes it was a nice drive on the motorway, sat around 80/90 most of the way and received my speeding fine in the post today lol. First fine ive had in probably 10 years. Doing 82 in a 70. What does that get you nowadays 3 points and fine ?

Defenders aren’t meant to get tickets for motorway speeding - pre-Puma engined cars are just too unpleasant over 70 that most owners are happy to let the world slide by at 60-65mph if they can even get that fast, often they are on unsuitable tyres for speed too
Interested to know what sort of revs you were doing at those speeds because at 70 mine is turning 1750ish revs. 8th gear must be a very long gear.

I took m 91 years old father into Stirling this afternoon- his first trip out of the vilkage here since March and his first ride in the new car. He is very slightly deaf but he kept asking me what the electric range if the car is Rolling with laughter he’s most impressed at the smooth and diesel rattle free nature of the engine.

New finding today as well, stop at the traffic lights and hold the car on the foot brake until “hold” appears on the dash and then take foot off the brake, engine keeps running without me needing to de-activate the auto stop/start.

Also the parking cams/ park distance sensors are really super accurate with the birds eye view activated - I can parking the nw car less than 10 cans from the front of my old one on the drive as see m that close on the right hand plan view screen - the audible alarm goes continuous at about 15 comes from the old Defender. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on 9th Jul 2020 9:12pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #842867 9th Jul 2020 8:44pm
J77

Scotland 
MrEleven wrote:
Tim in Scotland wrote:

Depends how many points you’re on, it may get you a push bike Laughing
Post #842876 9th Jul 2020 9:10pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 234 of 351 <123 ... 233234235 ... 349350351>