↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > 2020 Defender main discussion thread
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 207 of 351 <123 ... 206207208 ... 349350351>
Print this entire topic · 
DSC-off

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
Supacat wrote:
If you substitute gravel for foundation products, I think you will have a better chance of being understood.

So she's a "concrete and engineering bricks" girl... Very Happy

Tim, looking good, one of the better colours. Hope you continue to enjoy it. Thumbs Up
Post #836817 12th Jun 2020 5:09pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Tim in Scotland wrote:
And another useful one from PowerfulUK

I'm find it quite disturbing that I am actually entertained by the Chuckle Brothers' videos! That jack is really pathetic on a premium 4x4 off-roader (and not much better on the new Defender), and I find it a little amusing that the MIL light came on the first trip they did in the car, and the jack broke on the first use of it.

Does anyone have a part number for the wheel fitment aligning tool device? That is almost exactly the same as the one I made a while ago and lost. It might be cheaper than making a new one - or it might not!

Remember everyone, they're professionals! With sardines!
Post #836819 12th Jun 2020 5:11pm
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
Supacat wrote:
Well a farmer did just buy one... Bow down

Click image to enlarge

Kentdale Land Rover (@KentdaleLR) Tweeted:

Earlier this week, Mr and Mrs Tunstall of Tunstall Tractors came to collect one of the first New Defenders from Kentdale Land Rover.

Why not experience the New Defender for yourself by booking a test drive with us on 01539 814444.

#NewDefender #LandRover https://t.co/NysWSYPl8Y https://twitter.com/KentdaleLR/status/1271125973216288769?s=20

Oh Supacat, I admire the devotion to the hope that someone outside of London and the Home Counties will buy a new Defender and use it for what it was intended (although I still maintain that McGovern’s intent is Urban driving). Yes, a farmer he may be, but Mr Tunstall is also a businessman, albeit selling ‘trackers’. He’s old, probably got a bob or two, and likely wants something to visit clients with that is comfortable and capable off road. And pop to the local with Mrs Tunstall for a Sunday roast. But I doubt that his new beast will see the sort of action most current farm-owned Defenders do. When I see one bashed and dented, dragging some broken machinery across a field in mid winter, I’ll join you in your applause. (And I Bet Kentdale LR offered him a good deal, so he passes on his POV to other farmers). Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #836829 12th Jun 2020 5:35pm
Tim in Scotland

Well the jack might be down to usual crap size and inadequate but the recovery eye is a decent sized bit of kit compared to the weenie little stainless steel thing that was on my last RRS

Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #836832 12th Jun 2020 5:47pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
That is quite impressive!
Post #836833 12th Jun 2020 5:51pm
eelpout

United States 
J77 wrote:
Haven’t watched all Annie’s video, she looks like one of those Instagram, social media, influencer thingys.
funny, I saw (my first) 110 on the road yesterday: Satin green, silver cargo box, black hood carbon fillers or whatever the heck those are, wheel cover, which isn’t unobtrusive. And I thought, “this is the new, young influencers Rover.” Wink

(and watching that video is reinforcing that for me)
Post #836834 12th Jun 2020 5:55pm
Grenadier

Tim in Scotland wrote:
A new type of owner’s review - not for the diehard classic Defender/ anti new Defender people to view.............especially not ECCO. Rolling with laughter it will make you cringe..... but still a review that will appeal to a group of customers very important to JLR

Just to clarify, and this is not a dig at you Tim, but I’m not ‘anti’ this car per se, I’m anti it as the ‘logical’, ‘natural’, ‘organic’ successor to our Defender. As a luxury 4x4, or as I and many have said before, the New Disco, this will undoubtedly be a great car. But, aside from the review covering absolutely nothing on off-roading, performance, 4x4 system, (And I’m not blaming her for that), which are surely what the primary attributes of The successor to our Defender should be, It highlights that the car has absolutely nothing in common with ours. Nada, zilch, nil, rien. Copious SQMs of leather, bright white plastic, powerpoints everywhere, pile carpet, memory seats, tech, tech, tech, massive wheels, Méridien sound systems, TVs, iPad docs, full length sunroof etc.

I never wished that the successor to our Defender had no improvements whatsoever, but just the right ones that spoke of ‘evolution’ rather than revolution. This is certainly an ‘evolution’ of the D5, but we’re kidding ourselves if we think (or allow McGovern to claim) that this is an evolution of our Defender. It’s not. Most important to many of us was ergonomics, driveability, Off road and towing capability, character and reliability. Not 42 cows worth of leather, more gizmos than on a teen’s smartphone and so many charging points NASA could use one as their next Mission Control. And 20” alloys and a downlighter that says Defender. Wow. Must call Urban as I missed that upgrade in their list of aftermarket nonsense to bling my Puma.

This Video is actually brilliant: This is a luxury 4x4. This is the target market. This will sell in similar numbers to the G-Wagen and to similar buyers. This is NOT a Defender. This is my opinion.

Signed Mr Bar Humbug from France. Big Cry Monsieur Le Grenadier

Post #836837 12th Jun 2020 6:02pm
Mike c

England 2004 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Belize Green
+1 Thumbs Up
Post #836840 12th Jun 2020 6:15pm
RDR

United Kingdom 
Car looks great Tim love that colour in the flesh. My local plant hire guy collected his today in the blue he pulled up outside the house to show it me, looks way better than on the config page. He's taking it to be wrapped tomorrow and have his company signage added will be interesting how it looks. 110 MY23.5 X Dynamic HSE
RR MY23 HSE PHEV
D5 MY19 HSE - Now Sold
D4 MY16 HSE Luxury - Now Sold
D4 MY12 HSE - Gone
D3 MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten
Post #836848 12th Jun 2020 6:46pm
J77

Scotland 
Ads90 wrote:
J77 wrote:
Haven’t watched all Annie’s video, she looks like one of those Instagram, social media, influencer thingys.

Laughing
Post #836853 12th Jun 2020 6:59pm
tango90

Ireland 
Tim in Scotland wrote:
A new type of owner’s review - not for the diehard classic Defender/ anti new Defender people to view.............especially not ECCO. Rolling with laughter it will make you cringe..... but still a review that will appeal to a group of customers very important to JLR

And another useful one from PowerfulUK

Another nice puddle light icon from LR too - screen grab from Annie’s review linked above

Click image to enlarge

Puked 30 seconds in couldnt wach any more.
Post #836894 12th Jun 2020 11:14pm
SN

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Judging by the lack of controls on the steering wheel Annie’s Defender might be an S or base model 7 seater.

Look at 15minute mark on ericvv's youtube video - the button labels 'change' on operation! So they may just be OFF on Annie's car Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)
Post #836897 13th Jun 2020 12:13am
Procta

United Kingdom 
Tim in Scotland wrote:
Well I got my First Ed D240 home minus the spare wheel cover which is on back order......... never ever heard that in 2 years of Mini ownership but heard it loads of times in the 30 years of owning Land Rover products prior to 2018/ Mini........... JLR really needs to up its game when a new model is launched and they cannot supply what probably one of the most popular accessories.

The old and the new

Click image to enlarge

Had a 50 mile motorway drive home - this is one comfortable and exceptionally quiet car on the motorway, no raised voices no wind rustle and even though I have winged that it’s only a 2.litre diesel The D240 for sure has sufficient power and torque and this is more Range Rover quality /nouse, vibration and harshness, the engine is all but silent slipping along at 70 on 1700rpm and it has enough torque not to drop half a dozen gears when you want a bit more pace to overtake in the outside lane........ was worried that the fuel economy would be dire but we saw the trip computer go up to 48mpg on the flat with cruise set at 70. Yes I know LR’s recent attempts at mpg on TC’s has been rather optimistic. The suspension is a bit harder than I recollect my last RRS having but it is very nice on UK motorways and potholed Scottish A roads Set in its comfort/highway setting.
Things that I’ll get used to - the parking brake seems to either take an age to engage or it only engages when you select P on the gear selector I like to apply it in traffic and hate riding the footbrake but it was only after servers. Pulls on the EPB switch that it would engage. I’m also not so keen on the location down on the lower dash hidden away under the curve of the moulding beside the drivers right knee. Everything else so far has really impressed, the engine especially so.

Another different old and new at home tonight

Click image to enlarge

Tim what's it like? I am thinking these are just a freelander/ disco in drag, since i saw a video review on one. But i would love to hear every bit of info coming from you, as you are a defender pal Thumbs Up Also i would have chucked the mini in for the defender too. Not sure if i would chuck the 306 in for one though Whistle Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #836906 13th Jun 2020 1:48am
Grenadier

Tim, congratulations on your purchase, I hope you enjoy it. Looks like it's going to be more expensive than you maybe planned though. You missed ticking the 'buy new house with longer driveway' option in the accessory list.

Have fun, and keep us updated, even we naysayers will want some full action photos in the not-too-distant future. Thumbs Up Monsieur Le Grenadier

Post #836924 13th Jun 2020 7:23am
zilch

Australia 
Tim in Scotland wrote:

Another different old and new at home tonight

]

congrats on the new arrival Tim Laughing can i assume from your feedback on the drive home that the D240 is a far
better proposition than the D200.. is there significant difference in the driving experience? yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY20 110 P400 SE Defender
MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #836943 13th Jun 2020 9:10am
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 207 of 351 <123 ... 206207208 ... 349350351>