↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > 2020 Defender main discussion thread
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 74 of 351 <123 ... 737475 ... 349350351>
Print this entire topic · 
JohnD2

Australia 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Keswick Green
Bluest wrote:
I’m intrigued to see where this ends up being positioned in the range. You can barely get a Discovery Sport for under £40k and you can spec one up to more than £60k, so-if the new Def inhabits the same kind of price range I can see it just cannibalising sales of that car. Who’d buy a Disco Sport if you can have a Def for not much more? It’s hard to imagine the more expensive versions not just just doing the same to D5 sales, especially given the Marmite looks of the current model. I just can’t see the gap in the current LR range for it to slot into. Can it be such a different product that it won’t have more or less the same target market as the current cars are aimed at? Perhaps it is going to give D5 sort of chassis and drivetrain, better off road, but with a much less premium feeling, more utilitarian interior to put it in Discovery Sport price bracket??? I’m sure they’ve got a plan, just to see what it is.

It looks like a platform for adding a myriad of bolt-on accessories. Something "defender" about it at least. Maybe plan is to offer premium priced accessories to suit different lifestyles.
Post #789408 30th Aug 2019 3:25am
Brucemknx

Australia 1996 Defender 110 300 Tdi SW Caledonian Blue
blackrangie wrote:
Zed, your post has been reported as previously mentioned, it is not good for this forum to have anyone posting positively vilified, however if someone posts negativly consistently its completly fine by you (are they paid by toyota or jeep?) Laughing If you think someone being excited and posting facts snd news about the new defender has to be paid, then i would have to question your authentisity as a LR fan. This passes the time for me until reveal, im a facts guy, i post them and if someone posts something non factual, in all fairness to the brand i love i will say something. Dont like it, there are plently more threads or just keep scrolling, I have been paying JLR since my mid teens, via 6 of thier vehicles, but if you know of a way for them to pay me for being passionate about the brand i love, im all ears! Rolling with laughter

blackrangie. You should understand that people here will be suspicious of your motives. You are a late joiner to this forum and your posts are 100% positive towards all aspects of the new Defender. You have accused people of trolling when they cheekily suggest you may have ulterior motives, and I have read them. They are not malicious. You emphasize that you are a facts guy, but have not given a straight answer.

It would be helpful I think if you could simply clarify that you do not have anything to do with Land Rover, or any of it's dealerships, or any contract company involved with Land Rover. Could you do that? Then we can all go back to playing nice with each other!!!!!
Post #789410 30th Aug 2019 4:02am
Brucemknx

blackrangie wrote:
... I have been paying JLR since my mid teens, via 6 of thier vehicles, but if you know of a way for them to pay me for being passionate about the brand i love, im all ears! Rolling with laughter

I was a member of (the now defunct) Overlander Forum. I joined in 2002 and they had an Introductions section which gave people the chance to introduce themselves, and for members to welcome them. It was a great thing. I see you have owned 6 LR vehicles in your time. I have only owned the one. I've had many brands, and would categorise myself a 4x4 fan rather than a fan of any one brand. Welcome to the forum, and tell us about yourself.
Post #789411 30th Aug 2019 4:16am
22900013A

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Keswick Green
blackrangie wrote:
22900013A

Yeah for sure hes not an employee, more like a landrover influencer but not just for landrover as his insty profile points out, looks like a nice guy and a hard worker, good on him

Aye we are quite good pals actually and have worked together a few times (work meaning playing with landrovers really). Thumbs Up 2011 110 USW
1973 Series III 1-Ton
1972 Series III 1-Ton Cherrypicker
1969 IIA 1-Ton
1966 IIA 88"
Post #789412 30th Aug 2019 4:30am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
blackrangie

Australia 
Nicely spotted good to see you read my posts before replying this time, I dont care if anyone is suspicious, you want be to post up something negative? Do it yourself, if and when i find something negative i will decide if it warrants a post(my choice not yours) i have a huge history on other landrover forums, find it for yourself before you start accusding people of being paid for thier passion. Unbelievable!
Dont like it leave or scroll on.
As ive said before using your logic the habitual only negstive posters are also paid, have a go at them too.
Your posts have also been reported, you have 32 posts on this forum, by way of contribution you are much more of a newcomer than many on this thread mysepf included (again not that its a competition) And its JLR vehicles not LR vehicles. If you want to know about all my vehicles ive had some can be found online,other than that pm me and if and when I feel comfortable with you i may decide to tell you what ive owned.
Seriously all other posts on this subject will be ignored and reported.
Im not here for or have time for days of our lives drama, im here to share and learn about the new defender, dont like it, i dont care.
Post #789413 30th Aug 2019 4:42am
blackrangie

Australia 
22900013A

Nice one, love his passion and watched a few of his vids, especially liked the DS one, tell him to be carefull posting here, a few on here will try tar and feather him for his passion Rolling Eyes Rolling with laughter
Post #789414 30th Aug 2019 4:46am
Brucemknx

groaner wrote:
Can you guys please be nice to blackrangie so he stays here and doesn't come over to aulro.com

Sad
Post #789415 30th Aug 2019 5:10am
blackrangie

Australia 
again reported
Post #789416 30th Aug 2019 5:24am
22900013A

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Keswick Green
blackrangie wrote:
22900013A

Nice one, love his passion and watched a few of his vids, especially liked the DS one, tell him to be carefull posting here, a few on here will try tar and feather him for his passion Rolling Eyes Rolling with laughter

Well he and I do not agree on the direction of the new Defender, but we are both adults and can live with that. He is not on here so far as I know. 2011 110 USW
1973 Series III 1-Ton
1972 Series III 1-Ton Cherrypicker
1969 IIA 1-Ton
1966 IIA 88"
Post #789417 30th Aug 2019 5:41am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
blackrangie

Australia 
good to have some healthy debate amongst friends for sure, give him my regards, love his work!
Post #789418 30th Aug 2019 5:48am
blackrangie

Australia 
Some screenshots from the latest vid some may appreciate Cool

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #789421 30th Aug 2019 6:32am
NMBRPL8

Australia 
despite the german voiceover, it is evident those photos are the Saudi market defender and that the car is targeted at female drivers
Post #789422 30th Aug 2019 6:41am
What puddle?

United Kingdom 
blackrangie. As you'll see, I'm far from being the only one to compare it to the Kia Soul!!! So you're just being argumentative for reasons best known to yourself. It's not necessary, and I'm surprised life hasn't taught you that so far. So I'm out, I have better things to do that to post arguments with people of your mindset...and thank you - you've reminded me why I don't go on forums like this one anymore. Now left.
Post #789423 30th Aug 2019 6:44am
blackrangie

Australia 
Reported
Post #789424 30th Aug 2019 6:48am
LRinKY

The temptation grows stronger.
So reality is this vehicle wouldnt be a practical choice for my family. Maybe reliability will be better than expected, but initial cost will be hard to justify, and maintenance and repair costs will be ridiculous compared to a lot of great mass market options. BUT, even with my disappointment in some aspects of the exterior design language (can’t wait to see the interior) and the financial negatives, this vehicle is soooooo much cooler and exciting then just about any other option. More upscale than a 4 runner, more rugged than an X5. Still have to see the reports on it before making a visit to the local LR dealer, but the wife did just accept a big promotion today. so maybe I’ll be a little impractical for once if this thing gets good marks.

Oh and I wanna say thanks for all the work and updates blackrangie. Paid or not, I’ve appreciated all the material you’ve provided. (Just realized though, the issue it would create with the forum rules I saw when I signed up). Anyway, no reason someone can’t be all positive, or all negative, or bipolar about the new defender like me

Bottom line: Land Rover is gonna have to earn my hard earned dollar. Will they is the question?

Last edited by LRinKY on 30th Aug 2019 7:03am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #789426 30th Aug 2019 6:59am
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 74 of 351 <123 ... 737475 ... 349350351>