↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Have you received a covid injection yet?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 8 <12345678>
Print this entire topic · 
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
Well as I said in my opening post today I had the first covid jab. Absolutely painless injection and the centre I had the inoculation from was run like a military operation. Full marks to the NHS Thumbs Up Thumbs Up For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #884975 12th Feb 2021 3:18pm
nitram17

AMBxx wrote:
nitram17 wrote:
Grenadier wrote:
Must say, I'm not sure why you can't DIY. In France you don't get prescribed a flu jab, you just buy it in the pharmacy. Clearly most people then pop to their GP to have it stuck in their arm for the cost of an appointment (35€ locally to me) but you can - as I do, albeit after an enormous build up because I hate needles - inject it DIY if you wish. Then you only pay the 12€ for the jab and don't have to wait a week or so for an appointment. Why can't they do that with the Covid jab? Diabetics manage perfectly well. Pop it in the post, quick YouTube video, perhaps a Zoom appointment if you want your hand held virtually, et voila, everyone done by next week. Or June. Whistle

I think in the early stages of the vaccine rollout (daily deaths around a thousand)there was a discussion around just sending out a vaccine kit to peoples in their own homes for them to administer themselves like a anaphylaxis adrenaline pen as this would be the fastest way to vaccinate the public.............. if it wasn't for the very small chance of an serious anaphylactic reaction that could cause death(if not done in a medical setting) i think they would have gone ahead with that method.

I think that was before they realised the vaccines had to be kept below freezing or they don't work.

They were talking about the Oxford vaccine that can be diliveref and used the same day at room temp.
Post #884978 12th Feb 2021 3:32pm
AT1963

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 90 Td5 Black LE Java Black
Well I've had the jab and to be honest it has caused my defender to have fuel filter housing leak and although i don't expect the defender to die it has spent the day in the drive but i expect it to make a full recovery.
Also, i believe the vaccine has caused the recent cold spell and it also contributed to the outcome of the US elections Shocked
You need to ask yourselves is this information true or a load of Censored Inaccurate info leads to individuals believing everything they hear or read Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Post #885101 12th Feb 2021 9:44pm
Pickles

Australia 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Keswick Green
Here in Aussie, our Vaccines are "on the way", but have yet to actually be given, hopefully that will start in the next few weeks.
Can't come soon enough for my Wife & myself, this virus is an absolute shocker, we've just had another outbreak of a so-called "UK Strain" which is apparently more easily spread, contagious etc than earlier types, as a consequence of which we in Victoria have been placed into (at this stage) a 5 day 100% lockdown, so we're virtually confined to our homes for that time. Still, if it stops the spread, there's no choice.
Keep safe, Pickles.
Post #885118 12th Feb 2021 10:49pm
Muddybigdog

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
Sorry Pickles, unfortunately it about the only thing the UK is exporting at the moment Jumped ship to reliability - Mitsubishi L200
Puma 90 XS - Sold
D3 - 2.7 S x2 (both Sold)
Freelander 2 HSE - Sold
Freelander 1 - Sold
Disco 2 - Sold
Post #885120 12th Feb 2021 11:02pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Pickles ~ how did it get in? I thought you had the hotel quarantine thing down tight?
Post #885157 13th Feb 2021 8:18am
ericvv

Switzerland 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
Here less than 6% of population had their first jab. Sofar all Pfizer and Moderna. Switzerland not being EU obviously negotiated on their own, but government thought not to rush would be smart and give them more negotiation power, go telling... The good thing is that I had COVID last year in March so very early. Mild symptoms only, the dry uncontrollable cough and minor fever. Lasted a few weeks. What is nice is that in May I had a blood sample test confirming I had a reasonable amount of antibodies with most likely immunisation. So my infection was almost a year ago. Here comes the surprise. In order to plan my vaccination, my doctor wanted to know if I still have some antibodies left after 11 months, they are generally thought to disappear, nobody really knows how fast. So I had another blood sample test a week ago, and guess what. I now have double the amount of antibodies than when tested back in May. Shows how much is known about this. The good thing also is that I’m anyway on a priority list for the Pfizer vaccine now as in April and June I imperatively need to visit London for professional reasons. Hope that by then your restaurants are back open there.
Eric You never actually own a Defender. You merely look after it for the next generation.
http://youtu.be/yVRlSsJwD0o
https://youtu.be/vmPr3oTHndg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GtzTT9Pdl0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABqKPz28e6A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLZ49Jce_n0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvAsz_ilQYU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8tMHiX9lSw
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dxwjPuHIV7I
https://vimeo.com/201482507
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSixqL0iyHw
Post #885159 13th Feb 2021 8:30am
Siwynne

England 
Not as yet as I am a teacher. However I work in a residential special school so technically social care. Wifey is also a teacher in an independent school where many parents are top end healthcare professionals such as consultants gps etc. She is in work every teaching key workers kids. Our household is a massive potential vector for infection across seven counties because of who attends the schools and where residents/ pupils return to daily and at weekends all adhering to guidelines. I am attempting to get a jab this weekend. Doctors have denied me but huge local vac centre may be able to do it this evening.
It appears that the big centres are running well below capacity
Post #885176 13th Feb 2021 9:34am
Pickles

Australia 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Keswick Green
Supacat wrote:
Pickles ~ how did it get in? I thought you had the hotel quarantine thing down tight?

We've been let down by the Victorian Govt quarantine "system" AGAIN. Infected person in quarantine transferred it to a worker etc,......we're shut down for 5 days while the system tracers etc try to track down any more infections. Incoming overseas flights have been suspended.
The Victorian Govt say we have the "Gold Standard" preventative systems, but cracks regularly appear, with the consequence of the lockdown etc we now have to endure. It's a TOTAL lockdown, Aussie Open spectators were forced to leave the stadium last night in the middle of a match, Valentines Day tomorrow, florists will lose a fortune as they will be unable to sell flowers they bought. Pubs, restaurants etc all shut, city centre totally deserted.
Pickles.
Post #885220 13th Feb 2021 12:22pm
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Siwynne wrote:
Not as yet as I am a teacher. However I work in a residential special school so technically social care. Wifey is also a teacher in an independent school where many parents are top end healthcare professionals such as consultants gps etc. She is in work every teaching key workers kids. Our household is a massive potential vector for infection across seven counties because of who attends the schools and where residents/ pupils return to daily and at weekends all adhering to guidelines. I am attempting to get a jab this weekend. Doctors have denied me but huge local vac centre may be able to do it this evening.

I wish you luck. Most of the NHS staff I know still haven't even had the first jab yet. WARNING.
This post may contain sarcasm.
Post #885229 13th Feb 2021 12:44pm
Philm

United Kingdom 
Wifes had both hers, works for NHS. I have my first this Tuesday. Thumbs Up
Post #885231 13th Feb 2021 12:57pm
swt

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Had mine this morning (Oxford/AZ). Got a call at 10am from the new vaccination centre about 10 miles away to say that they were under capacity and could I come in immediately. Talking to the staff there, they seemed to be running at about 20% capacity and were grateful for anyone who was prepared to come in when asked.

Not sure why things aren't running at full tilt, but it clearly wasn't the fault of staff on site. It was truly impressive for something that wasn't there a few weeks ago. Overflowing with volunteers, all friendly, helpful and going the extra mile to put patients at ease.
Post #885257 13th Feb 2021 3:00pm
Slideywindows

England 
I hope no vaccines are going past their use-by date and going to waste.
Post #885321 13th Feb 2021 6:30pm
Siwynne

England 
Managed to get jabbed and as there were spares the MTS got done too. Staff said today has been mega busy but weekdays are quiet
Post #885346 13th Feb 2021 7:54pm
nitram17

Zed wrote:
Siwynne wrote:

I wish you luck. Most of the NHS staff I know still haven't even had the first jab yet.

where in the country do they work? their bosses are doing something wrong if all the frontline mhs staff have not been vaccinated yet!This needs highlighting asap.
Post #885365 13th Feb 2021 9:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 8 <12345678>