↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Have you received a covid injection yet?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 8 <12345678>
Print this entire topic · 
JPE

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Firenze Red
I fully support the rights of people not to take the vaccine, providing they stay locked down in their homes forever & don't burden & create unnecessary risk for the responsible majority of society. With some attitudes I sometimes wonder what hope there is.
Post #884794 11th Feb 2021 8:02pm
RFT

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Zermatt Silver
I’m nearly 55, I have had atypical pneumonia (and survived - obviously) and pulmonary embolism (survived that too) and watched my Dad not survive from pneumonia as a result of lung cancer (asbestos caused) so I know how horrific it is to gasp for every breath, no it’s not like having a few splutters in the swimming, it is impending doom, the worst feeling I have ever felt and the worst thing I have ever seen happen to the human body gasping and writhing fighting for every single oxygen molecule.

Yes I will be there with my sleeve rolled up ready as soon as it is my turn.

My message to the anti vaccination experts, keep inside, keep away from me, keep away from my family, keep away from my friends in fact just stop indoors and stop using social media, everyone has a right to choose, but please also choose to shut up and keep away from humanity. 130 Puma HCPU with an Artica 240LR Demountable Camper
Post #884811 11th Feb 2021 9:06pm
walfy

Had my vaccine last week. Had the pfiser jab. Slight tenderness around injection site but nothing else. Can't wait for second jab now.
Doing my bit to save society Very Happy 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD
RRE HSE Dynamic Gone, wife killed it
VOLVO XC60 R Dynamic with some toys

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #884824 11th Feb 2021 9:45pm
Adammacky

United Kingdom 
Never had the flu jab, won't be having covid one either, my life, my choice, it doesn't give people the right to lock me away from the world, if you have the jab you can still catch it, you can still spread it, it will only help you recover, so people who have the jab are the same risk level as those who don't so locking the "anti-vaxers" will solve nothing...
Post #884841 11th Feb 2021 10:34pm
Pickles

Australia 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Keswick Green
Hello from Aussie.
We haven't started actually getting our "Jab" as yet, but our vaccines are apparently in transit to us, and plans are in place for Jabs to commence shortly, with those in need, the elderly, health care workers, etc first in line, followed by the elderly.
When instructions relative to my "category" arrive, my wife & I will be lining up.
Pickles.
Post #884844 11th Feb 2021 10:44pm
nitram17

Thats the spirit fella ,"im all right jack " and to hell with everybody else! You are benefiting from every person who has had the gumption to roll up their sleeve and have the jab.

Makes me proud to be British, to have a society where people like you have the right to put their own personal needs above the rest of us ..

Proud to be British yet saddened by some people who are British.

This is a car forum so i will say no more on this subject other than to ask anti vac folk to take a breath shake your head and have a good hard look at yourself in the mirror! and perhaps some sense and community spirit might dislodged from the dark recesses of your selfish minds.
Post #884846 11th Feb 2021 10:53pm
JPE

Perhaps the anti vaxers could put a sticker on their windscreens so I know to give the finger, hate to think I might wave.
Post #884848 11th Feb 2021 11:04pm
Adammacky

United Kingdom 
So much hatred for people who don't jump at the chance for something that hasn't even been tested on animals, something with unknown side effects to be stuck in thier bodies... pathetic

Imagine God forbid if someone died as a direct result from a vaccine... guess what... vaccine manufacturers aren't liable and can't be held accountable... wrong on every level!
Post #884850 11th Feb 2021 11:18pm
chopcat

Wales 2000 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Java Black
Supacat wrote:
Joe the Plumber wrote:
A shame they can't come up with an injection of common sense, that also protects against mass hysteria.

Would you take it if you didn't know the long term side effects?

Yes.... because if we all don't we might not get to the “long term” and find out what the side effects are.

Yes..because I would be taking the advice from someone who knows more about it than me. My Doctor.

I go to the Doctor because he knows more about heath than me, I put my trust in him and take his advice. Much the same way that when I was told I had cancer I put my trust in the best consultant that I had, asked him what we needed to do and did it.

So certainly take whatever advice you can. Find and expert who you can put your trust in but don't make it up yourself....

........Of course if you are a medical expert, we can all put our trust in you !

TC
Post #884851 11th Feb 2021 11:19pm
JPE

If god forbid you catch it bad I just hope you don't expect brave selfless medical staff to risk their lives saving yours.
Post #884852 11th Feb 2021 11:25pm
nitram17

Adammacky wrote:
So much hatred for people who don't jump at the chance for something that hasn't even been tested on animals, something with unknown side effects to be stuck in thier bodies... pathetic

Imagine God forbid if someone died as a direct result from a vaccine... guess what... vaccine manufacturers aren't liable and can't be held accountable... wrong on every level!

Stop digging mate please !stop spreading nonsense This is a car forum lets talk about cars !I really dont want to be rude but when peoples lives are at stake emotions can get out of control!
Post #884853 11th Feb 2021 11:26pm
Adammacky

United Kingdom 
Just stating facts, companies like Pfizer have total immunity from liability if something unintentionally goes wrong with their vaccines.

The NHS is amazing and full of professionals that are fantastic at their jobs and I trust that they would do a great job in helping me get better should I fall ill from whatever, Several of my close friend group and family work in the NHS and share the same views as me on the uncertainty of this fast tracked vaccine that we don't know much about.
Post #884854 11th Feb 2021 11:39pm
nitram17

Absolutely nothing is going to budge you from your unfounded assertions about the vaccine production ..?Every step of the process has been carried out diligently by all involved and the data is there to justify its safety profile compared to other vaccines .There might be a risk of long term effects on some people but that is the same for all vaccinations i simply ask you to take the risk like many many millions have done already .Protect your family your work colleagues and some old duffer you don't know and will never meet !As I say i think your being selfish but that is your right but its a right that is as wrong as anything can be.

Last edited by nitram17 on 12th Feb 2021 12:11am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #884856 11th Feb 2021 11:55pm
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
I don't have the capacity to be able to moderate an argument on here on this topic. Take it to other outlets if you wish to continue.

Please return this thread to its original line of discussion.  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #884857 12th Feb 2021 12:01am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Adammacky

United Kingdom 
I won't be taking the risk myself but fully support anyones choice wether to take it or not, its their choice, don't get it in your head that your saving my life by taking it though, that's just not the case. I won't be saying anymore on this thread other than lets agree to disagree.
Post #884859 12th Feb 2021 12:05am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 8 <12345678>