↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Have you received a covid injection yet?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 8 <12345678>
Print this entire topic · 
nitram17

Martin wrote:
I don't have the capacity to be able to moderate an argument on here on this topic. Take it to other outlets if you wish to continue.

Please return this thread to its original line of discussion.

Your right martin this is not the right forum for this discussion but if the anti vaccine brigades unfounded musings are not challenged and they have put off have put off even one person from having the jab well then our country tonight is a less safe place for the venerable in our great land. I will say no more other than to ask folk to be brave and have the jab.
Post #884863 12th Feb 2021 12:25am
nitram17

Grenadier wrote:
Must say, I'm not sure why you can't DIY. In France you don't get prescribed a flu jab, you just buy it in the pharmacy. Clearly most people then pop to their GP to have it stuck in their arm for the cost of an appointment (35€ locally to me) but you can - as I do, albeit after an enormous build up because I hate needles - inject it DIY if you wish. Then you only pay the 12€ for the jab and don't have to wait a week or so for an appointment. Why can't they do that with the Covid jab? Diabetics manage perfectly well. Pop it in the post, quick YouTube video, perhaps a Zoom appointment if you want your hand held virtually, et voila, everyone done by next week. Or June. Whistle

I think in the early stages of the vaccine rollout (daily deaths around a thousand)there was a discussion around just sending out a vaccine kit to peoples in their own homes for them to administer themselves like a anaphylaxis adrenaline pen as this would be the fastest way to vaccinate the public.............. if it wasn't for the very small chance of an serious anaphylactic reaction that could cause death(if not done in a medical setting) i think they would have gone ahead with that method.
Post #884865 12th Feb 2021 12:35am
JPE

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Firenze Red
Returning to the original topic, I mentioned previously that my wife is a nurse but hadn't had the vaccine yet. Well it turns out that in England if you find yourself in a similar situation, front line staff can call 119 & arrange to get vaccinated. She called yesterday evening & received the jab today, which is a big relief. Thought I'd mention that incase its helpful to anyone else who might feel they've been missed. (Apparently it doesn't work in Wales though.) So my daughter & wife are now vaccinated, me & my 3 sons looking forward to when we get the opportunity...
Post #884866 12th Feb 2021 12:40am
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Great news JPE Smile  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #884878 12th Feb 2021 8:49am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
chopcat wrote:
Supacat wrote:
Joe the Plumber wrote:
A shame they can't come up with an injection of common sense, that also protects against mass hysteria.

Would you take it if you didn't know the long term side effects?

Yes.... because if we all don't we might not get to the “long term” and find out what the side effects are.

Yes..because I would be taking the advice from someone who knows more about it than me. My Doctor.

I go to the Doctor because he knows more about heath than me, I put my trust in him and take his advice. Much the same way that when I was told I had cancer I put my trust in the best consultant that I had, asked him what we needed to do and did it.

So certainly take whatever advice you can. Find and expert who you can put your trust in but don't make it up yourself....

........Of course if you are a medical expert, we can all put our trust in you !

TC

I think you have misread my post...please read it again, in the context of what I have quoted. Banging Head
Post #884886 12th Feb 2021 9:45am
nitram17

Supacat wrote:
I think you have misread my post...

Sorry fella I did misread your post several times Shocked I'm getting old and the vaccine must have affected my attention to detail section of my brain.

Apologies again Thumbs Up
Post #884892 12th Feb 2021 10:07am
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Thanks - for the record I'm watching out for the postie and listening for my phone - when the notice to get jabbed comes I'll be there. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Post #884928 12th Feb 2021 11:33am
nitram17

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Post #884935 12th Feb 2021 11:59am
bob neville

Spain 2001 Defender 90 Td5 SW Epsom Green
I got a call at 7pm last night from my doctors surgery and I am all booked in for Tuesday Very Happy

I am in the over 65 group so they have definitely started on that group in the south west. 2015 Jaguar XE240 R Sport - goes like ....... !!
2013 Defender 90 CSW - sold
2009 Defender 110 Double Cab - sold
2001 TD5 90 CSW - offroad project - sold to a forum member
2011 Porsche Boxster - for the sunny days !
Post #884939 12th Feb 2021 12:16pm
Slideywindows

England 
I was vaxed yesterday.

Let us be clear.

The main reason the Govt is vaccinating us, is to reduce the shocking burden on our exhausted NHS staff.

So, you anti-vaxxers, go and tell those staff that you are absolutely refusing to get vaccinated.

And then give them the option not to treat you, should you fall seriously ill with Covid.

If you don't care for them, why should they care for you?
Post #884947 12th Feb 2021 12:53pm
Leamreject

Italy 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Fuji White
Watch this space, if you don’t have the injection you might be restricted to travel, which given our situation is fully understandable, also, the Government has had discussions about fines for people who refuse without legitimate reason.

If you are refusing to have it for yourself consider having it to protect people around you Whistle Ride like you stole it!!
If I’m not on a bike it’s because only a 4x4 will do…
2011 2.4 Puma 90 HT
Post #884948 12th Feb 2021 12:54pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
Leamreject, The anglophone western world is evermore about the individual and not the collective good, and I do not mean the latter in some pseudo-commie way. It's a legacy of the 60s/70s and the demand for freedom to do what we want, when we want to do it, because we're free and we share the planet 'dude', and not follow any kind of social structure. Which ironically complete misses the point of 'society' and living together in harmony. Fine on a desert island, or at a push in a commune of a few hundred people, not fine on an island of 70m people who have to live together cheek by jowl. I can't Censored stand it. I try and live by the 'Golden Rule' (“Do unto others as you would have them do unto you”), but more and more people clearly don't and see 'their rights' as superceeding all collective responsibility. It's rife in the US, and the UK is folllowing suit. I don't expect us all to be shackled by some Cold War ethic, but no man is Ann island. This give a f***, I'm not a number I'm a free man mentality is just BS.

NB. THIS IS NOT AN ATTACK AGAINST AN INDIVIDUAL ON THIS FORUM, JUST A COMMENT ON WHERE I THINK SOCIETY IN THE UK IS HEADING. Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #884953 12th Feb 2021 1:29pm
Leamreject

Lol, agreed. Although being a man of simple education I had to read it twice to understand.

Sometimes people need to be told what to do whether they like it or not... for the greater good. Ride like you stole it!!
2011 2.4 Puma 90 HT
Post #884956 12th Feb 2021 1:58pm
AMBxx

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Orkney Grey
nitram17 wrote:
Grenadier wrote:
Must say, I'm not sure why you can't DIY. In France you don't get prescribed a flu jab, you just buy it in the pharmacy. Clearly most people then pop to their GP to have it stuck in their arm for the cost of an appointment (35€ locally to me) but you can - as I do, albeit after an enormous build up because I hate needles - inject it DIY if you wish. Then you only pay the 12€ for the jab and don't have to wait a week or so for an appointment. Why can't they do that with the Covid jab? Diabetics manage perfectly well. Pop it in the post, quick YouTube video, perhaps a Zoom appointment if you want your hand held virtually, et voila, everyone done by next week. Or June. Whistle

I think in the early stages of the vaccine rollout (daily deaths around a thousand)there was a discussion around just sending out a vaccine kit to peoples in their own homes for them to administer themselves like a anaphylaxis adrenaline pen as this would be the fastest way to vaccinate the public.............. if it wasn't for the very small chance of an serious anaphylactic reaction that could cause death(if not done in a medical setting) i think they would have gone ahead with that method.

I think that was before they realised the vaccines had to be kept below freezing or they don't work.
Post #884967 12th Feb 2021 2:38pm
Leamreject

Also, this doesn’t confirm the vaccine has been administered, so people reluctant just wouldn’t.... Whistle Ride like you stole it!!
2011 2.4 Puma 90 HT
Post #884970 12th Feb 2021 3:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 8 <12345678>