↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Global Retail Sales & UK Registrations up to FY2022 Q3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 15 <123 4 ... 131415>
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

They could be the cars lent to the Red Cross during the pandemic....... Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #843361 12th Jul 2020 5:53pm
J77

Scotland 
Supacat wrote:
J77 wrote:
They must be going somewhere. Pentland now only have 44 available, it was 59 end of last month. I was considering a base 110 but they don’t have the colour combo I want and really it’s bigger than I need.

Are they all on the used car lot?

Just looked at Guy Salmon Approved Used. They are listing 12 new Defenders, 3 have between 3k and 5k mileage, so assume they could be demo vehicles they are moving on early, one has 5 miles, two have 10 miles and the others are undeclared.

I'd put money on the twelve all being 1st registered by the dealer yet really not being sold as in a proper retail sale, yet they will still count in the retail sales figures published above.

This is a multi-site dealership but multiply that across the board by say 50 all doing similar with just 10 vehicles and that's nearly 25% of the retail sales not going to the public but just being registered and shunted across to the used car lot.

Seriously, that is grim. Shocked

Some I believe are still being built, others are pre registered. They (Pentland) have 1 with a £5k discount.
Post #843375 12th Jul 2020 6:55pm
adafish

United Kingdom 1984 Defender 110 300 Tdi DCPU Stornoway Grey
You seem to get more info than me and i work there Rolling with laughter We were chatting about sales and lack of build at CB, they are still on furlough at the moment and looking to return October. Plenty of stories going round with plant but not allowed to say anything. Whistle Putting Dreams on Drives at JLR Solihull..
Post #844103 16th Jul 2020 5:24pm
J77

Scotland 
Ahh go on! Laughing
Post #844104 16th Jul 2020 5:28pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Car Industry Analysis (@lovecarindustry) Tweeted:

Another cool fact from June sales figures in Europe: new #LandRoverDefender takes off, outsells most of siblings. Good because new SUV seems to be a success; bad, as expected, it’s taking sales away from #LandRoverDiscovery. Cannibalization at home! 1 challenge for Thierry Boloré

https://t.co/kYFYavRzbq https://twitter.com/lovecarindustry/status...81985?s=20

Click image to enlarge

No source quoted, so no fact checking on things like whether this was June alone or the quarter ending June or even if the figures are correct?
Post #847166 31st Jul 2020 7:13am
LRSpain004

Spain 
If you wish to subscribe you can find all the sales here... I won't be surprised if they kill the Discovery, it has never sold well.

https://bestsellingcarsblog.com/2020/07/eu...3-3-shine/
Post #847181 31st Jul 2020 8:27am
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
Could be a first in the automotive industry.......Car killed by number plate position.

Not quite the same as the Ford Pinto exploding fuel tank in rear shunts, Suzuki Rhino Flopping over on corners, Ford Edsel with the ignition key positioned right in front of your knee, and no seat belts.... Shocked

Nice one Jezza, you could be forever remembered in the same vain.... Rolling with laughter
Post #847183 31st Jul 2020 8:38am
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
adafish wrote:
You seem to get more info than me and i work there Rolling with laughter We were chatting about sales and lack of build at CB, they are still on furlough at the moment and looking to return October. Plenty of stories going round with plant but not allowed to say anything. Whistle

That doesn't surprise me. I have found most news about the places I have worked by people from outside of the organisations! In fact I still do. Mostly sales Reps who have access to many people.

Businesses don't tend to share real information with their workers.

Most stuff shared is propaganda trying to rally the troops and keep the enthusiasm up!

I worked for a large Swiss/Swedish Engineering Group called ABB many many years ago. They sent us all a video (on a CD!!) to watch. We all sat around the one PC in the Office with the speakers to watch the video. At the end we were asked what we thought. I said that I was quitting work to go and get a job with this company as they seemed really exciting and innovative and everything that the company I worked for at the time wasn't.

A) Luckily there were no Management in the Office (I'm stupid, but not that stupid Rolling with laughter )
B) Everyone else agreed that what we watched bore no resemblance to the company we worked for!

Just saying adafish, if JLR are going to be making big changes, the chances are the people who work for them will be the absolute last to know.
Post #847185 31st Jul 2020 8:39am
Tim in Scotland

Off Topic
For the last 20 years of my working life (retired in March this year) I worked for Dutch, German and Danish shipping companies who took over P&O Containers when I worked there. In the U.K. communication with employees was dire and we had a term for it - ‘employees, mushrooms, kept in the dark and fed S Censored te. “ Never under Dutch, German or Danish management (and in the last 6 years Indian management) did I hear anything derogatory said about management /employee communications. I was senior management but prior to big changes I used to receive embargoed full details complete with mega file downloads of videos, spreadsheets and press releases to share with my officers and crew, we had a huge “works council” with elections every two years and you got invited to seminars in UK/Holland/Germany/Copenhagen/Manila and Mumbai every two to three years, not a one day meet but a whole week where the board were represented,as well as the top management being there. It was a huge shock for the senior bods after the take overs to have to go onboard ships and present to the “shop floor” it just didn’t happen under UK ownership. The best management were the Germans - it was a small company wholely owned by the Dutch outfit but with their own board etc. It was like visiting family when you went to the office in southern Germany (the office was in a rented 7 bedroom house which helped). The way that the German management worked was even a surprise for the Dutch team! Danish management was very much about the company values and they kept to them. It must work as the company was well into its 2nd 100years in business. Even seastaff birthdays generated an email from management on the day, for even the lowest ranked crew on board. It made everyone feel,like a valued employee. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #847194 31st Jul 2020 9:17am
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Completely Off Topic

One of the last companies I worked for was created by a Management buy out with only a few directors. The directors were all approachable and really nice people. We got regular employee roadshows presented by a director and they did question and answers and took on board lots that were discussed. They even gave us notional shares in the company. Didn't cost us a penny!

The MD always told us not to worry as he was in it for the long run. And we all believed him Rolling with laughter

And then out of the blue, he sold out to a company that we found out two years latter was a basket case and went bankrupt. The turnaround company that bought us thought the best thing to do was make loads of people redundant and one of those was me.

The only good thing was when he did sell up, our notional shares made all of us a few thousand pounds. To be honest, I could have forfeited the money to still work for the same friendly approachable firm. If you work for one of those kind of companies, you are extremely lucky.

Neither Tata or JLR give me the impression that they are one of these types of company.
Post #847202 31st Jul 2020 10:13am
Supacat

LRSpain004 wrote:
If you wish to subscribe you can find all the sales here... I won't be surprised if they kill the Discovery, it has never sold well.

https://bestsellingcarsblog.com/2020/07/eu...3-3-shine/

Thanks but I'm struggling with that website. It says data one month old is available free, but when I try and get May data it says I need one of the pay level subscriptions? Confused
Post #847213 31st Jul 2020 11:19am
Supacat

LRSpain004 wrote:
I won't be surprised if they kill the Discovery, it has never sold well.

Except to Bulgarian border police:

I wonder what discount they got?

https://bestsellingcarsblog.com/2019/04/bu...der-fleet/

Obviously well aware of the warranty situation:

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

"A handover ceremony was held on March 8 as Bulgaria’s Border Police got 70 off-road vehicles, worth more than seven million leva (about 3.5 million euro).

The purchase of the vehicles was co-funded by the European Union’s Internal Security Fund.

Speaking at the ceremony, at which the vehicles were blessed by a Bulgarian Orthodox Church clergyman, Interior Minister Mladen Marinov said that the vehicles would improve the security of the EU’s external borders."

https://sofiaglobe.com/2019/03/08/bulgaria...n-7m-leva/

And JLR whine about not getting enough state aid Whistle

I wonder what happened to the 40 Defenders given them in 2016:

Click image to enlarge

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/british...er-control

Last edited by Supacat on 31st Jul 2020 11:46am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #847214 31st Jul 2020 11:27am
J77

Scotland 
The Germans took a load of them as well and the Italians are running a few.
Post #847215 31st Jul 2020 11:38am
Pacha

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Stornoway Grey
Quote:
Obviously well aware of the warranty situation:

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rgds.

Chris
Post #847216 31st Jul 2020 11:39am
J77

Scotland 
Never got my D5 blessed, that’s probably where I went wrong.

I feel for the second owner as they had the hassle of getting a new engine fitted under warranty at 10k miles. My dealer kept telling me it was fine and not to worry about the early service warnings.
Post #847219 31st Jul 2020 11:46am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 15 <123 4 ... 131415>