↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Brexit.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 3 of 15 <123 4 ... 131415>
Print this entire topic · 
integrale

New Zealand 
WindyJ, Thanks for that mate. Good to have your blessing! Happy Christmas.
Post #747121 24th Dec 2018 9:07am
WindyJ

lozza wrote:
In 2017 the UK made an estimated gross contribution (after the rebate) of £13.0 billion. The UK received £4.1 billion of public sector receipts from the EU, so the UK’s net public sector contribution to the EU was an estimated £8.9 billion.

UK's net contribution to the EU

How does that sum compare to say the foreign aid budget? Which one is/was better value?
Post #747126 24th Dec 2018 9:54am
lozza

how do you want me to compare it...morally or financially?
i get what you are implying mate
tell you what HS2 or foreign aid...i'll take the aid

i'd double it if it stopped HS2

start a new thread about that and i'll have a look this one is about brexet
Post #747130 24th Dec 2018 10:25am
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black

Click image to enlarge
Post #747132 24th Dec 2018 10:34am
diduan

Bulgaria 
I always felt that politicans speculate too much with peoples vote. After all, it was almost a 50:50 vote. How would you know what people want in order to "deliver" it? Isn't it indeed wiser to perform a second referendum just to ensure that people really want to leave? If the UK leaves, it ignores the vote of 50% of the people. If it stays, it ignores the vote of the other 50%. I am really confused what to think, but I wish you do the best for the people. Defender 110 SW MY2011 2.4tdci decat, no EGR
Jeep Wrangler YJ 1990 4.0. Front 78' Dana 60, Rear CUCV 14 bolt
Post #747145 24th Dec 2018 11:35am
Badger110

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Buckingham Blue
Personally i didn't vote as i have no faith in the polititions to speak the truth or provide accurate information about the exit.

I still feel that people voted based on incorrect information as well as tactical lack of information produced.

I feel that the result would be different if another vote was put to the public outlining some of the key areas.
Post #747150 24th Dec 2018 12:17pm
lozza

THE UK’S INDEPENDENT FACTCHECKING CHARITY

The government then gets some of that money back, mainly through payments to farmers and for poorer areas of the country such as Wales and Cornwall.

In 2017, the UK's ‘public sector receipts’ are estimated to be £4 billion.

So overall we paid in £8.9 billion more than we got back.

The Treasury figures note payments the EU makes directly to the private sector, such as research grants. In 2015, these were worth an estimated £1.5 billion, so including them could reduce our net contribution further still.

The money we get back will be spent on things the government may or may not choose to fund upon leaving the EU. It’s not enough to look at the net contribution in isolation because what we get back isn’t fully under our control

so 8.9 billion to be in the club for 2017
Post #747163 24th Dec 2018 1:36pm
WindyJ

Or 39 billion to be out of it in 2020....
Post #747181 24th Dec 2018 3:27pm
Muddybigdog

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
I am dismayed and disgusted at the politicians across all parties. I have lost count how many of them allegedly have gone into politics to make a difference, to represent their constituencies, to be a voice in parliament, yet all have put their own parties before the people of the UK. There was a great opportunity for all parties to get together on BREXIT, but they more interested with “in-fighting” or one-upmanship between parties, a huge Censored ing contest. Having a cross party task team to work on BREXIT together, could have only helped UK plc, yet there are still many divides, in parliament and across the UK.

As the UK continues along an unknown track, I hope for the best but prepare for the worst, who knows how this will play out. I hope that the “I’m right” “your wrong” or winner’s/losers stances over BREXIT is soon forgotten, however someone voted. BREXIT has divided families, friendships, colleagues and nearly a whole nation, it’s been extremely divisive from all sides.

The UK is a great place, with millions of great people, just look at our brilliant armed services, our emergency services, our NHS, charity workers & volunteers, our unrivaled university systems that’s the world envies, it’s an amazing country, that I am often to be proud, only let down by the few.

United Kingdom is only a Kingdom if United Jumped ship to reliability - Mitsubishi L200
Puma 90 XS - Sold
D3 - 2.7 S x2 (both Sold)
Freelander 2 HSE - Sold
Freelander 1 - Sold
Disco 2 - Sold
Post #747236 24th Dec 2018 9:49pm
lozza

WindyJ wrote:

oh 5 yr contributions
Post #747243 24th Dec 2018 10:25pm
lozza

WindyJ wrote:

come on windy..say something positive about membership....come on tell us what we get from our 8 BILLION per year contributions
Post #747244 24th Dec 2018 10:29pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Muddybigdog wrote:
I am dismayed and disgusted at the politicians across all parties. I have lost count how many of them allegedly have gone into politics to make a difference, to represent their constituencies, to be a voice in parliament, yet all have put their own parties before the people of the UK. There was a great opportunity for all parties to get together on BREXIT, but they more interested with “in-fighting” or one-upmanship between parties, a huge Censored ing contest. Having a cross party task team to work on BREXIT together, could have only helped UK plc, yet there are still many divides, in parliament and across the UK.

As the UK continues along an unknown track, I hope for the best but prepare for the worst, who knows how this will play out. I hope that the “I’m right” “your wrong” or winner’s/losers stances over BREXIT is soon forgotten, however someone voted. BREXIT has divided families, friendships, colleagues and nearly a whole nation, it’s been extremely divisive from all sides.

The UK is a great place, with millions of great people, just look at our brilliant armed services, our emergency services, our NHS, charity workers & volunteers, our unrivaled university systems that’s the world envies, it’s an amazing country, that I am often to be proud, only let down by the few.

United Kingdom is only a Kingdom if United

what we need is a good decent government, another new party. As I think most of the country now doesn't have any confidence in any of the ones that are in now. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #747251 24th Dec 2018 11:47pm
Sulisuli

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
We need statesman who care about this country and want to make it great again, not bloody puppets from all parties who only care about their own egos and nothing else. Whistle 2015 HT XS 90
2008 SVX 90
2000 XS TD5 90
Post #747256 25th Dec 2018 12:01am
Badger110

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Buckingham Blue
In all honesty, have we ever had that?
Post #747257 25th Dec 2018 12:08am
WindyJ

lozza wrote:
WindyJ wrote:

come on windy..say something positive about membership....come on tell us what we get from our 8 BILLION per year contributions

Well as you pointed out the UK gets half of it back directly, but it does not end there. There is the free trade and cooperation that went with it, this does have a value. As does what our money was spent on....EU institutions, some of which were based in the UK do actually do proper work you know!
The UK’s overall wealth also undoubtedly benefited from EU membership not at least in terms of property prices giving the baby boomers who voted out the biggest slice of their capital.
We have a much larger presence on the world stage, which for a country seeminly obsessed by that I would have thought would be a good thing. Then there are the politicians....there is a lot of complaining about the UK politicians, and rightly so, but with lack of an effective opposition the EU judicial institutions can be used to challenge them.

Happy Christmas from the EU where I have much better, cheaper wine to drink and a delicious “chapon” with truffle instead of a horrible dry UK turkey and brussel sprouts!
Post #747270 25th Dec 2018 9:07am
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 3 of 15 <123 4 ... 131415>