↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > 2020 Defender main discussion thread
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 51 of 351 <123 ... 505152 ... 349350351>
Print this entire topic · 
blackrangie

Australia 
Happy to agree to disagree, all the claims in the recent articles make perfect sense, and your disco comment backs it up, why say something is more durable than current fulsize LR's if it isnt. Obviously the current fullsize LR's are durable these days, they have been around for long enough and we havent seen catastrophic failures. What they are saying is the defender can be pushed harder for longer, this was needed as it gives you the confidence to do so. The reporters comments (they have actually been in the vehicle) back that up.

Heres some more

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/land-rover/d...ide-review

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #785813 9th Aug 2019 1:11am
blackrangie

Australia 
Agree with you everything we see is marketing, however spin is trying to make something apear diferent to reality and to be fair, im yet to see evidence of that. So again to be fair, innocent until proven guilty. Thumbs Up
Post #785814 9th Aug 2019 1:15am
diduan

Bulgaria 
32" MTs (even on 18" wheels) + three lockers + inexperienced driver = oh dear! Lets see how much does JLR charge for blown diffs and broken axles. Defender 110 SW MY2011 2.4tdci decat, no EGR
Jeep Wrangler YJ 1990 4.0. Front 78' Dana 60, Rear CUCV 14 bolt
Post #785846 9th Aug 2019 12:42pm
blackrangie

Australia 
Haha, I think they are auto lockers (if reports are true) and warranty covers components not up to standard 😉

Hopefully they are strong enough to not have to replace everything from the transfer forward and back like in my current RRC most live axle rovers.
Post #785851 9th Aug 2019 1:12pm
blackrangie

Australia 
This video just got released, probably the best one yet, looks tough!

Post #786981 15th Aug 2019 3:16pm
Sulisuli

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
Nice video. 2015 HT XS 90
2008 SVX 90
2000 XS TD5 90
Post #786997 15th Aug 2019 4:31pm
Co1

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Loire Blue
Nice vid indeed, looks impressive.
Post #787037 15th Aug 2019 6:59pm
Bluericky

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Keswick Green
I have to say it looks great and will be a more than worthy replacement for the Disco 3 / 4 . Can’t wait to see it in the flesh https://www.instagram.com/hustynminepark/
Post #787038 15th Aug 2019 7:02pm
dailysleaze

United Kingdom 
blackrangie wrote:
This video just got released, probably the best one yet, looks tough!

Exactly, it LOOKS tough. None of them were towing. Most of the footage is from a film shoot rather than actual tests. Lots of sliding sideways on different surfaces = proper 4x4? Laughing
Post #787039 15th Aug 2019 7:15pm
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
Did the same in the early 90's in a mates Peugeot 205 on some waste ground.

Come on Land Rover - make an effort, give it to Jim Marsden and tank it around Walters Arena along side an Ultra 4 racer.

Ford put the Raptor on the Baja 1000, Jeep put the Gladiator on the Everymans Challenge at the King of the Hammers and what do we get from Land Rover, some old lady going to the shops...…..
Post #787050 15th Aug 2019 8:10pm
Slideywindows

England 
The thing has been tested to death.

I now just want to know if it looks right and is affordable and maintainable.
Post #787076 15th Aug 2019 9:05pm
blackrangie

Australia 
DailyS, im not sure if we warched the same video, theres so much testing in this video its not funny.

Heres my favs

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #787107 15th Aug 2019 11:00pm
Tim in Scotland

^ +1 Slideywindows, I want to know whether I’m looking at turning down all the generous offers I’m receiving now for my TDi300 90, keeping her and replacing my Countryman with a Tesla 3 or will I be able to afford to finance a new Defender that isn’t a poverty spec SWB HT with plastic covered seats and no goodies on it that will become my daily runner by selling both the old 90 and the Countryman .......... TBH i’m Not interested that it can drive up the face of the Eiger or up and down huge flights of stairs let alone be driven flat out around the Nuberring or whatever that German race track is called. I want to know if it is an honest workaday vehicle that won’t fall apart or drop bits of it at the first sign of anything as rough as a forest track like happened with my last 3 Land Rover products since 2011........... they haven’t made any mention of how reliable the test vehicles have been or how well put together they are and these are huge issues for owners of current JLR products. Might as well buy a ÂŁ20k Korean 4x4 instead, at least they have 7 year no questions asked warranties on the off chance something might fail. As far as I can see JLR are concentrating on showing us things that the vast majority of owners/users will never attempt in their own cars. As for paying “luxury car” tax on a utility vehicle that is over the ÂŁ40000 threshold, what are JLR thinking about - most of us are not buying one as a company car purchase to benefit from those perks Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #787109 15th Aug 2019 11:02pm
blackrangie

Australia 
Post #787116 16th Aug 2019 12:37am
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
The latest video from JLR, how times they are changing!
I have just watched the latest video from JLR re the new Defender. Wow! With all those drifts around bends, and at full throttle through dramatic sand etc. and .... then with all those Hollywood effects who would not be captivated with JLR's new Defender, albeit for those who can afford one.

Yes, I am impressed with what I know will be due to its technological advancements (new at launch but soon to be outdated) features some of which according to JLR is new and groundbreaking (! do you remember 'Betamax')

However,... I first acquired a Land Rover to do a Job that no other vehicle could do, that was forty years ago and it did such a good job that I have never left the mark, and with a few reservations even its modern versions have never let me down.

What worries me with these JLR promotional videoes particularly showing speeding and the drifting capabilities of the new Defender is it being marketed at a new generation of drivers those brought up on what an engine can achieve in power and speed and not what a traditional Land Rover can do, is it that JLR are thinking of a new market for such an iconic vehicle which is nothing like the market that the seventy-year-old Land Rovers heritage was about and sadly it looks like will never be again.

Or maybe not the launch will tell us when the real thing is unveiled, but with all the slow drip of info and now the sudden gush of news In am worried that what was teh best of British will be a Millenial car Shocked For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #787117 16th Aug 2019 12:38am
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 51 of 351 <123 ... 505152 ... 349350351>