Page 148 of 351 <123 ... 147148149 ... 349350351>
Print this entire topic · 
Slideywindows

England 
Oh no, not again^.......

"someone who has only "Hated it" on the internet...."

and

"when it was realised that the {old} Defender was useless."

Quotes like this really do get rather boring.

Have you anything new to say about the 2020 "Defender"?

If not, maybe give it a rest - for the sake of those of us who, despite not wanting to own one, are happy to read anything fresh about the vehicle (good or bad) rather than a never-ending provocative rant.....

You are on a forum, the majority of whose members own and love the "useless" classic Defender.

Have you considered trying a bit of diplomacy? Banging Head
Post #811392 21st Jan 2020 10:54pm
Fat Cog

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
Well I went to Guy Salmon at Stratford (on another note take my advice, never use them for warranty work, it's too painful) for some new vehicle launch & saw two beautiful Land Rovers in the showroom, a lovely 90 genuine County 300Tdi & a rather splendid Phoenix Orange 110 Adventure, oh & in the middle of them was a rather bland, plastic clad silver thing which I never got round to really looking at.

Had to make a hasty exit before I drowned in a sea of Schoffel gilet's & corporate double dutch speak which I didn't quite grasp or understand. Since 1973...S1, Air Portable's, Defender's, but only my Wolf TUL HS GS remains
Post #811399 21st Jan 2020 11:17pm
Ecco

Malaysia 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 DCPU Galway Green

and

..problem with this sort of characters is that, they will label you as 'hater', 'unable to move on and accept change', and other leftist type nonsense..while in reality,most of folks here, clearly repeating that they want upgraded defender for reasons which are pointless to repeat over again as it was talked out to death..

Then you see 'update' from JLR which is not a defender of any kind related to previous models, except lettering..why?? Because its not a utility machine, every single series/defender was in past 65 years...it turned out to be just another city mall crawler vehicle, with no distinctive design features at all, with very complex electronics internals..and its 'surprise' that people who were expected updated version of simplification series/defender was always, goes mad over complete abomination ..

JLR had such simple task with defender upgrade...even if they did just changes to internal layout with better seat/room/sound insulation and offered autobox/manual options of existing old models, it would be considered an 'wow upgrade' as vehicle was not really upgraded for decades..that easy was task...

What was their upgrade?? Entirely different luxury vehicle, biting off same market rest of the fleet is competing in...no wonder 4 million bp a day, leak is present...and thats where problem is...if you really support brand, be constructive critic and steer them with your pocket, not with buying every garbage they made..
Post #811413 22nd Jan 2020 2:07am
chalky

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
Slideywindows wrote:
Oh no, not again^.......

and

Quotes like this really do get rather boring.

Have you anything new to say about the 2020 "Defender"?

Have you considered trying a bit of diplomacy? Banging Head

No, I haven’t considered Diplomacy at all, it doesn’t work any way, and trust me..... I’m more bored with the same old crap about the new one that hardly any one has seen and even fewer have driven, that’s why I keep my limited knowledge of the new one to the tiny part of the forum where I feel all the new experts are, who know very little about the new one and who haven’t driven one ! I was trying to point that out in my post, the fact that it’s now been driven, by some Defender affectionados ? Who seemed to quite like it,

As I mentioned I am also in the minority because I quite like the look of it, I have sat in it, touched it and I do like the overall appearance, I’m just as fed up with the moaning as you are, it’s just that I can’t get my hands on one yet to prove either way if it will work for me. I don’t care how any one else uses theirs as I’m only paying for mine ? DEFENDER XS CSW 08 TONGA GREEN
Post #811414 22nd Jan 2020 3:07am
chalky

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
Ecco wrote:

and

..problem with this sort of characters is that, they will label you as 'hater', 'unable to move on and accept change', and other leftist type nonsense..while in reality,most of folks here, clearly repeating that they want upgraded defender for reasons which are pointless to repeat over again as it was talked out to death..

Then you see 'update' from JLR which is not a defender of any kind related to previous models, except lettering..why?? Because its not a utility machine, every single series/defender was in past 65 years...it turned out to be just another city mall crawler vehicle, with no distinctive design features at all, with very complex electronics internals..and its 'surprise' that people who were expected updated version of simplification series/defender was always, goes mad over complete abomination ..

JLR had such simple task with defender upgrade...even if they did just changes to internal layout with better seat/room/sound insulation and offered autobox/manual options of existing old models, it would be considered an 'wow upgrade' as vehicle was not really upgraded for decades..that easy was task...

What was their upgrade?? Entirely different luxury vehicle, biting off same market rest of the fleet is competing in...no wonder 4 million bp a day, leak is present...and thats where problem is...if you really support brand, be constructive critic and steer them with your pocket, not with buying every garbage they made..

The Old defender was in fact obsolete for what we were using it for, and Mall crawler ?
Is that something on the terrain response like rock crawl ?

I honestly can’t speak for any one else and only have 30+ years of owning and driving Series and defender vehicles, in that time and with a heavy heart, A few parts missing, on me not the car, I made the decision that I couldn’t effectively drive one any more, I had a real tug of war with myself over the whole ownership thing and after several issues unwillingly fixed on a new one I gave up the ghost,

I’m not entirely sure from what you are saying regards JLR updating the Defender and not resembling the old one ? Have a look at a Range Rover from 1970 and see how far removed these are from what we have on the roads to day ? If you think the company are in a bad state to day.......? They raided the parts bin off a Morris Marina that was assembled on the shop floor in the building next door for the door handles back then ! The two vehicles are worlds apart but oddly enough still share the same name ? DEFENDER XS CSW 08 TONGA GREEN
Post #811415 22nd Jan 2020 3:30am
Ads90

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 CSW Keswick Green
I'm disappointed by the exterior design and price of new Defender, and the price particulalry as it's way more than I had hoped (so I'm gunning for the rumoured 'cheaper' model).
But other than that it's pretty much what I expected from a modern LR, and I'm interested in reading about it here on this forum.
So it would be nice if the 'I hate it' posts can stop now - I get it, I sympathise, but it's all been said so many, many times.
Be nice to come to 2020 threads & read about the 2020, not more personal rants.
Post #811449 22nd Jan 2020 1:20pm
Sulisuli

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
I went to see it yesterday at my local main dealers and whilst I wasnt a fan pre arrival at the event I have to admit some bits of it are quite nice and I am sure its going to be very capable new defender.

I am looking forward to having the chance to drive one for the day but its out of my price range but for those that do buy one i hope it meets your expectations Thumbs Up 2015 HT XS 90
2008 SVX 90
2000 XS TD5 90
Post #811466 22nd Jan 2020 4:04pm
ericvv

Switzerland 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
This afternoon at our local dealer. Nice car overall, but inside and outside too many glossy plastic parts. First customer deliveries here will be in March. They also said that even if this one here still is marked as a prototype vehicle, virtually nothing will change anymore.
Only thing I did with my dealer while I was there today was make an appointment for a complete fluids change and grease job for the SVX in the next few weeks. Whistle
Eric

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Last, but not least. This green beauty was also there. The daily driver of our dealer’s wife. And she won’t separate from it.

Click image to enlarge
 You never actually own a Defender. You merely look after it for the next generation.
http://youtu.be/yVRlSsJwD0o
https://youtu.be/vmPr3oTHndg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GtzTT9Pdl0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABqKPz28e6A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLZ49Jce_n0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvAsz_ilQYU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8tMHiX9lSw
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dxwjPuHIV7I
https://vimeo.com/201482507
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSixqL0iyHw

Last edited by ericvv on 24th Jan 2020 5:30pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #811477 22nd Jan 2020 4:59pm
Naks

South Africa 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Alpine White
 --
2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
2015 Range Rover Sport V8 Supercharged

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9
Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ
Post #811633 23rd Jan 2020 4:45pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Well now I know where they all live...and their aunties...

but it was nice to see the vehicle creep around.
Post #811647 23rd Jan 2020 6:51pm
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
That must be one of the dullest off-road courses every created. Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #811663 23rd Jan 2020 8:14pm
90 Dreamer

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
To be fair would you want to be sat in with some Rally Raid wannabe whilst he shows some skillz............ Whistle
Post #811666 23rd Jan 2020 8:34pm
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
Possibly not, but it hardly seems to be doing justice to 'the most capable Land Rover ever'. Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #811667 23rd Jan 2020 8:49pm
wyvern

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Firenze Red
[quote="ericvv"]This afternoon at our local dealer. Nice car overall, but inside and outside too many glossy plastic parts. First customer deliveries here will be in March. They also said that even if this one here still is marked as a prototype vehicle, virtually nothing will change anymore.
Only thing I did with my dealer while I was there today was make an appointment for a complete fluids change and grease job for the SVX in the next few weeks. Whistle
Eric

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Eric .......Was the new defender delivered to the dealer in the trailer being towed by the old defender ??

Whistle Poppy - TDCI (Puma) 110XS 2.2 - Camper conversion - see the build here - https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic56530.html
Elgar -TDCI(Puma) 110XS Dormobile - now sold
Devon & Cornwall 4x4 Response - DC126
Post #811674 23rd Jan 2020 9:07pm
RDR

United Kingdom 
I was thinking that, very nice touch if it was. 110 MY23.5 X Dynamic HSE
RR MY23 HSE PHEV
D5 MY19 HSE - Now Sold
D4 MY16 HSE Luxury - Now Sold
D4 MY12 HSE - Gone
D3 MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten
Post #811683 23rd Jan 2020 9:39pm