↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Eon and Smart meters
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
landy andy

2006 Defender 110 Td5 USW Zermatt Silver
excossack wrote:
Well...The good news just in... my mum is now £147 in credit! It took two managers and a call advisor to work out there was an issue with the billing.
Not sure what swung it, but hopefully now the issue is done and dusted.
Cheers to all that offered help / assistance

Great news. It seams standard way that Eon operate, they just hope people pay, and don’t question it. Must make them a fortune.
Post #978796 19th Jan 2023 11:03am
excossack

United Kingdom 1999 Defender 110 Td5 SW Caledonian Blue
I am sure there are other people in the same boat who will accept the bill and pay up.

For those interested, we asked these questions

To help me better under the recent gas bill for <insert> are you able to help me please with the following questions:

Can I request a copy of the pictures taken by the engineer who fitted the new gas and electric meters - hopefully showing the previous and new meter readings

Are you able to supply me with a copy of the bill for the same period in 2021 showing the gas usage

Are you able to supply me with last 30days of meter readings from the smart meter showing gas usage

Do you have records of the new gas meter <insert> being used elsewhere, the previous reading before reset and a record of the meter being reset before being installed.

<insert the question of gas usage for the beginning of Jan being a few units a day compared to Dec being 10x the usage

How can my gas reading be over 2.5x the estimated reading as shown on the bill

Not all points will apply to all but they might give pointers 1999 Defender TD5 110

Regards
John M0VAZ
Econet Station 48 no clock
Post #978799 19th Jan 2023 11:22am
Eduardo

Chile 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Stornoway Grey
Good to know that also those problems happen there.

My electric meter was changed by a smart meter in Dec 2019. Since then, the electric company has not been able to invoice the "real" consumption. For some unknow reason they forgot to put in the system the new meter and when they made the readings, the amount of electricity was (obviously) lower than the last measurement so an error appears in their system.

Every 3 months I sent a letter to the company stating that I didn't receive any bill from them, and my electricity account said that I have not any debt (I make a backup all the months) always 1 or 2 employees appeared, take the lecture, saying that the problem is solved and gone but nothing happens. Also, every year I claim to the Chilean electricity Superintendence that oversee this kind of problems. So, after the claim to the authority and the communication between them, every year I receive only one settlement bill for an amount that is far less my real consumption.

I'm not happy with that but I cannot do anything more.

Cheers! Eduardo

MY 2007 110 SW PUMA 2.4: Big Fog of 64'
MY 1994 Jayco 1207 Folding camper: "El Tremendo"

Click image to enlarge
Post #978889 19th Jan 2023 8:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234