↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > GAP Diagnostic IIDTool Announcement
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 16 of 86 <123 ... 151617 ... 848586>
Print this entire topic · 
carsly

United States 2016 Defender 130 Other SW Auto Bali Blue

Click image to enlarge

apparently the cameras needed a night off and are now back, go figure. but the mobile hotspot is deactivated. this is like whack-a-mole!

here is a closeup of my gauges, has a red outline on the circles which is normally white.
Post #978438 17th Jan 2023 12:52am
pllr

United States 
This morning I saw I had an update to the iOS app, and I checked and found an update to the device firmware, too. It is now at Beta version 2936.

Haven't done anything with it yet and the car.
Post #978501 17th Jan 2023 12:24pm
carsly

United States 2016 Defender 130 Other SW Auto Bali Blue
Another shot of my updated dynamic mode gauges, while in action.

Click image to enlarge
Post #978533 17th Jan 2023 3:14pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
Cheers Carsly Thumbs Up

pllr wrote:
This morning I saw I had an update to the iOS app, and I checked and found an update to the device firmware, too. It is now at Beta version 2936.

Haven't done anything with it yet and the car.

I've updated the app and the tool firmware and done a comparison with my last CCF file and nothing has really changed. There are now a number of entries that are showing as UNKNOWN BYTE #xxx (FF). Patrick knows about them, they are supposed to be there and my guess would be they are future settings that will be able to be unlocked when they have been decoded Confused But that's just my opinion of what they are Laughing Thumbs Up Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #978549 17th Jan 2023 4:27pm
graemesmith1960

Scotland 
I've managed to get ATPC to work - sort of. It will activate and work but you get the dreaded Emergency Braking Assistance not Available message which will not go away. That wipes out Automatic Speed Limiter and Adaptive Cruise Control (factory options) so it's not really worth it. Nothing I have tried will give me Advanced Terrain though.

The EBA seems to be connected to an ABS fault which flags up if you try and get ATPC up. It's not possible to clear the fault and is reported as an unrecognized value in the fault report. Defender D300 HSE 110 MY22 Pangea Green
Post #978679 18th Jan 2023 4:34pm
matt4x4

Germany 
I too get the same EBA error with the ABS fault, when trying to enable the ACC.

And then the normal cruise control and speed limiter too don't work.

After setting all back to the origianl values the EBA error
only disappers after letting the car sit locked for ~30min

But one thing seems interesting.
I have ATPC and TR2 as factory options but not ACC.

But we do get the same error when enabling the non factory option.

So there might be another flag in the CCFs to control this ABS modul setting somehow,

perhaps a bit so set like haveACC&haveATPC&haveTR2 ...

Might be a still "unsupported" flag in the tool?
Post #978688 18th Jan 2023 4:56pm
tooth_dr

Northern Ireland 
My tool arrived today and I think I’ve set it up correctly. However I can’t enable ccf changes. Any help appreciated.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #978754 18th Jan 2023 11:26pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
Have you asked Pat to be part of the Beta test, loaded the Beta firmware and downloaded the app via Testflight? If you have done all that and it's still not working drop Pat a pm, he's usually very quick to respond but remember he's in Canada so different time zone etc Thumbs Up Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #978759 19th Jan 2023 12:07am
tooth_dr

Northern Ireland 
I don’t know if I’ve loaded the beta firmware. I downloaded the uploader on my pc and ran the update. It didn’t give me options. I’ve spoke with Pat and downloaded the app via TestFlight though.
Post #978764 19th Jan 2023 12:38am
cjones2311

United States 
Hello All, i wanted to take the time to tell everyone thank you for all of the work you have put into this thread, it has been very educational. Also i want thank Pat at GAP who has been a huge help! I need some help and wanted to share some things i discovered today.

I received my IID Tool yesterday, and got it all setup this morning. I have a 2021 Defender 110X USA. I was able to successfully change the Wfif Hot spot (814), and the Microphones(126).

I also changed Walk Away Locking (505). It did show up in my Pivi, but once toggled on it would turn itself back off. I tried Global Open/Close (184) to the doors and sunroof, and was able to continue to roll down my windows using the remote, but was unable to roll them up using the remote. However i am able to roll up and close everything if i hold the keyless entry button on the door, which i was not able to do before.

I tried to do the Tailgate Remote Release(745), and received the same warning that others have stated which was "Emergency Braking Unavailable". This also did not allow me to use the button on my fob.

This is where i need the help, i tried to do Start/ Stop memory(566). i first tried "last user memory mode enabled", and let the car sit for 15/20 minutes after i did a restart on the pivi, this was unsuccessful. I then looked at user forzahog's CCF file, he has mentioned start/ stop being successful on his defender, and compared his file to mine. His 566 said that it was "last user memory mode enabled". I tried this setting and let the vehicle sit for 30+ minutes with no success. My defender is on software 3.3.1. When i received my defender in April of 2021 the start/ stop function never worked, It always popped up on the dash with the start/Stop symbol with a line thru it. I never mentioned this to the dealer, as i was happy that it didn't work. At some point in the last year, it corrected itself when the vehicle did a software update. My IID Tool is on Firmware V4 Build 2803

Has anyone dealt with this or has any insight on how to get this to work? i would greatly appreciate any help.
Post #978765 19th Jan 2023 1:56am
forzahog

United States 2016 Defender 110 Other Works V8 Auto Fuji White
My model is a non-hybrid, so I wonder if the stop/start setting only applies to those. Maybe someone else who has had success with that setting can chime in on this.

There are some other settings related to the engine type. I'll poke around and see what I can find.

Can you do a full export of your ccf and pm it to me? 20MY Defender 110 Fuji White
Post #978769 19th Jan 2023 7:19am
tooth_dr

Northern Ireland 
Hairy Dan wrote:
Have you asked Pat to be part of the Beta test, loaded the Beta firmware and downloaded the app via Testflight? If you have done all that and it's still not working drop Pat a pm, he's usually very quick to respond but remember he's in Canada so different time zone etc Thumbs Up

Hi Dan, just checked and I hadnt noticed the drop down menu for the beta release, currently updating it now Thumbs Up
Post #978824 19th Jan 2023 2:37pm
OVRLANDR

United States 
matt4x4 wrote:
I too get the same EBA error with the ABS fault, when trying to enable the ACC.

And then the normal cruise control and speed limiter too don't work.

After setting all back to the origianl values the EBA error
only disappers after letting the car sit locked for ~30min

But one thing seems interesting.
I have ATPC and TR2 as factory options but not ACC.

But we do get the same error when enabling the non factory option.

So there might be another flag in the CCFs to control this ABS modul setting somehow,

perhaps a bit so set like haveACC&haveATPC&haveTR2 ...

Might be a still "unsupported" flag in the tool?

I’m wondering about the integration of the Lane Keep Assist (LKA) in to this formula…I think it is part of the equation. Also, I have the factory tow package and when I have a trailer attached I receive a message indicating rear eba disabled. Maybe this is a part of it as well?
Post #978829 19th Jan 2023 3:33pm
cjones2311

United States 
forzahog wrote:
My model is a non-hybrid, so I wonder if the stop/start setting only applies to those. Maybe someone else who has had success with that setting can chime in on this.

There are some other settings related to the engine type. I'll poke around and see what I can find.

Can you do a full export of your ccf and pm it to me?

Can I email it to you?
Post #978831 19th Jan 2023 3:35pm
forzahog

United States 2016 Defender 110 Other Works V8 Auto Fuji White
Yes, absolutely. cjones2311, I just sent you a PM. I didn't notice that you couldn't send those yet. 20MY Defender 110 Fuji White
Post #978867 19th Jan 2023 6:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 16 of 86 <123 ... 151617 ... 848586>