↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Coronavirus Discussion/Advice/Assistance Thread (Part 2)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 31 of 35 <123 ... 303132 333435>
Print this entire topic · 
nitram17

I am a firm advocate of COVID vaccinations to reduce community deaths. I personally think that it is a cowardly action not to accept the vaccine but I will defend anybodies right to be cowardly in our free country.
Post #930520 20th Nov 2021 6:55pm
boode

England 2003 Defender 90 Td5 HT Rutland Red
nitram17 Thumbs Up

Top virologists say that the unvaccinated are 9 times more likely to pass the infection on compared to the vaccinated
We all do things to protect the general society - we drive slower when passing schools - we don't drink and drive anymore - smoking is prohibited in public places
So as vaccination is regarded as the best defence for society as a whole we should all try to be vaccinated
We all have the right to choose - but those who choose to be a potential covid spreader should accept that their freedom of movement could be removed - just like the smokers who now have to smoke outside
Post #930542 20th Nov 2021 11:24pm
Pickles

Australia 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Keswick Green
Agree 100%' boode.
All of ouur friends are Vaxed, twice for us, and we're just hanging out for our boosters which will be due in a month or so.
We're continually grateful for the tremendous work in Labs to generate the vacines, & hate to think what would've happened, particularly in the latest Delta ouutbreak, had they not been available.
Pickles.
Post #930551 21st Nov 2021 7:28am
Joe the Plumber

2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 HT Fuji White
For every 'top virologist' wheeled out by the mainstream media to promote one viewpoint, there will be another with the opposite viewpoint who they won't allow to be heard.

And since when were there 'top', 'leading', etc, etc scientists, professors, doctors, etc? That's just drivel spouted by journalists to try to add non existent gravitas to their increasingly hysterical broadcasts.

However nitram17 is right. I AM a coward. I daren't be vaccinated, because then I'd need to be protected from the unvaccinated, and that's not a risk I'm prepared to take.
Post #930764 23rd Nov 2021 9:24am
boode

Joe your logic is confusing
If you were vaccinated - why would you need protection from the unvaccinated any more so than your present unvaccinated status ?
Or do you actually believe that the vaccine reduces your immunity ?

Vaccines have practically wiped out the deadly diseases of Smallpox, Polio and Diphtheria, but this was only achieved by mass vaccinations - or is this also a media lie ?
Post #930785 23rd Nov 2021 11:31am
Joe the Plumber

All around the world, the unvaccinated are being demonised by the vaccinated. So the vaccinated don't believe the vaccines work.

And all those illnesses you've mentioned are deadly to everyone. Covid isn't.
Post #930788 23rd Nov 2021 11:51am
boode

Joe - they are not all deadly to everyone

Smallpox killed about a third of those infected
Polio when it was active killed about 1 in 3000 people infected - 33/100,000 (although 500 would have be paralysed)
With 9 million positive covid infections in England - this rate would have only caused 3,000 covid deaths
A much lower death rate with Polio
Post #930796 23rd Nov 2021 12:58pm
Muddybigdog

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
the for-mentioned diseases/virus's are not deadly to everyone, the majority of cases people survive with treatment. Global vaccination programs have been instrumental in reducing the number of cases.

The un-vaccinated are more likely to be the host of covid mutations, that has potential of being far deadlier than any current variant. Jumped ship to reliability - Mitsubishi L200
Puma 90 XS - Sold
D3 - 2.7 S x2 (both Sold)
Freelander 2 HSE - Sold
Freelander 1 - Sold
Disco 2 - Sold
Post #930800 23rd Nov 2021 1:10pm
Joe the Plumber

Covid mutations will tend to be more transmissible but less deadly. It's not in its interest to kill all its hosts, or it will kill itself. And as I caught it from my fully vaccinated sister, I remain completely unconvinced about the efficacy of these new drugs.

Anyhow, as I said earlier, we're only being given one side of the story by our mainstream media, and in science and medicine, that's a very unfortunate state of affairs.

That's me done on this subject now.
Post #930815 23rd Nov 2021 2:24pm
nitram17

Anti vaccine folk deserve to be challenged for their ludicrous rhetoric at every possible opportunity as they are a danger to our society in my view.
This is a car fan forum and to prevent it becoming a slanging match I will dial down my utter contempt for these deluded sheep.
Post #930824 23rd Nov 2021 3:24pm
Bluest

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
Scientists love getting one over on each other, it’s fundamental to how science is conducted. If there was any meaningful, credible evidence vaccination is a bad idea, we would be hearing about it. 2007 110 TDCi Station Wagon XS
Post #930883 23rd Nov 2021 8:36pm
Pickles

Couln't wait to get ours, and the ever decreasing percentage of unfortunate people ending up in hospital, ICU or a ventilator is proof that the vacines are doing a great job.
Comments made by others here re pretty much eradication of smallpox, polio & others by vacination are undeniably true,...history is there for all to see.
BUT, whilst I don't understand why, I do understand that it's everyone's right to refuse "the jab".
In Aussie, there have been many interviewed in hospital who have caught Covid, admitting they were "anti vax", but realized, after becoming seriously ill, the error of their ways, talking about what it was like, the worst most horrible experience they'd ever had.
We have a friend in the USA who caught it, she doesn't know where, she's now recovering, but after several months she says she's nowhere near her old self, 100 yard walk is about it for her she says, & she just feels "off".
Pickles.
Post #930910 23rd Nov 2021 11:00pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
As above I agree with, common sense should prevail but am dead against myself any form of dictatorial behaviour and “bans” etc.
It’s a basic human right to decide their own views and requirements, the trouble is if you don’t have it it’ll work like a gravity fed funnel.
Those who haven’t had it will have an ever increasing likelihood of getting it, and that risk will just increase and increase.

Though we can’t live in fear forever, and many do just that.
My biggest fear is the financial economic effects on people and business, it appears that it seems acceptable now for different sections of society or business to be chucked under the bus without a second thought.

There are many people being denied their basic rights, some people will be made Ill not by covid but by economics. At the rate at which things have been going it could well end up being worse than COVID it’s self.
How long will we be left with the financial burden of it, some maybe not at all, some only temporarily, some for the foreseeable future.

I think a lot of people have got pretty much scared to go out and about and are entrenched in staying at home anyway, it’s not done people any good at all.
I’m well aware how dangerous covid is but I think it has been taken too far last year, restrictions yes - lockdowns no.
Again, unfortunately many won’t use common sense and play up, and that means everyone suffers due to that. Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #930913 23rd Nov 2021 11:29pm
nitram17

I don't want to be insulting but i will simply say i disagree with everything you say and its encouraging to me that your skewed analysis is failing to impact on vaccination uptake and long may this continue.
Post #931702 29th Nov 2021 3:25pm
Pickles

My wife & I became a close contact last week, so had to be tested & isolate, luckily we were both negative, but a couple a couple of doors up from us are both positive.
Whilst Australia has been able to keep the virus at bay, we've never been really able to get on top of it, but relative to many other Countries we've done very well.
However, we're hearing that Omicron is another beast altogether. I've read that you guys have had nearly 100,000 infections in one day, and that maybe hospitals will not be able to cope etc, we heard from one friend in the UK that "it's not pretty" in his words..
So, as things stand now, how are you guys coping?
Pickles.
Post #934160 18th Dec 2021 9:42pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 31 of 35 <123 ... 303132 333435>