↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Discounts?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 24 of 24 <123 ... 222324
Print this entire topic · 
Simon Audi

United Kingdom 
I think it’s time to swap the wife and the car
Post #899205 20th Apr 2021 5:32pm
DSL

United Kingdom 
I have tried. Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

I am so dead if she reads this. Whistle
Post #899214 20th Apr 2021 6:07pm
walfy

pjm-84 wrote:
No! Left too long ago. Ho hum. DTD it is then

Whats the time limit for being out and getting a discount? It used to be 5yrs but I thought that was removed?? 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD
RRE HSE Dynamic Gone, wife killed it
VOLVO XC60 R Dynamic with some toys

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #899330 21st Apr 2021 1:30pm
Simon Audi

United Kingdom 
I had 5% new 2021 model

Look at Drive The Deal - then buy from them or talk to your dealer to match
Post #899348 21st Apr 2021 3:28pm
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
6.5% on a P400 110 XS.

My local dealer, Hendy, was pretty poor, my next LR dealer were responsive and helpful but didnt believe the vehicle could be provided at that price, but did offer just under 4%, after initially quoting RRP.

Never used DTD before. Interesting setup. They are pure and simple a middle "man". I'm now dealing with an well known LR dealer who are an couple of hours from me. However I'm £4558 better off. I have ticked an few options though
Post #899390 21st Apr 2021 7:34pm
Regan1980

United Kingdom 
I also dealt with Hendy in Hampshire (christchurch). I got a 5.1% discount on a 110 D200 S. I also had a lot of options added. Arrived a couple of weeks ago but its back in today for its side steps which have been on backorder.

Ive actually been really happy with Hendy and the whole online configurator and click/collect process, im not one for dealing with sales people and I was just more than happy not to have any face to face's.
Post #899485 22nd Apr 2021 9:45am
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
Blimey did better than me, never managed to obtain figures as I said if you're going to quote me RRP then lets no waste each other's time anymore.

Trying to obtain information on the XS was impossible and they kept trying to push me towards a diesel in the D5. Waiting 6hr for a "ring you straight back" call was the icing on the cake.
Post #899530 22nd Apr 2021 12:33pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Someone needs to find the JLR equivalent of this bloke:

"Michigan car salesman charged with faking employee discounts, costing FCA $8.7M"

"A high-volume Fiat Chrysler Automobiles salesman in suburban Detroit has been charged with defrauding the automaker out of $8.7 million by giving employee discounts on vehicles to customers who weren’t eligible.

Apollon Nimo, 34, a salesman at Parkway Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep-Ram, illegally used discount codes meant for family members of FCA employees in sales and leases to nonqualified buyers thousands of times from 2014 to the present, a federal investigator wrote in an affidavit filed Friday in U.S. District Court. Nimo closed more deals using employee discounts than any other FCA salesperson in Michigan, and at times was No. 1 nationwide, according to the affidavit.

Officials at the dealership in Clinton Township, Mich., did not immediately return a message seeking comment. Nimo has been removed from the staff listing on the store’s website.

In the majority of transactions that prosecutors allege were fraudulent, buyers claimed to be the brother-in-law or sister-in-law of an FCA employee to get a 5 percent discount. The discount codes, known as Employee Purchase Control Numbers, were often bought and sold through private Facebook groups.

FCA’s losses from the scheme were compounded by bonuses he received for selling its vehicles, Homeland Security Investigations Special Agent Joseph Kunnummyalil wrote. From 2010 to 2019, Nimo received $700,000 in rewards directly from FCA, in addition to his compensation from the dealership.

Authorities started investigating Nimo after FCA employees began complaining that their personal discount codes were being applied to sales without their consent, with many saying the numbers were used at Parkway. In the summer of 2019, FCA sent Kunnummyalil a list of 268 employee numbers that were reported as unauthorized by its employees. All of them were linked to sales made by Nimo from Feb. 21, 2016 to June 18, 2018.

A manager at a nearby FCA dealership told investigators that Nimo sold about 250 vehicles in January 2020 alone, an unusually high number. The manager said Nimo frequently sold more vehicles himself than entire sales departments at most FCA dealerships."

https://samacharcentral.com/michigan-car-s...-fca-8-7m/
Post #900815 1st May 2021 6:15am
Kubrick1978

United Kingdom 
I put my options into Drive the Deal and managed to order my Defender for about £3,500 cheaper than the where I could get it elsewhere. My local dealer was a bit of a shocker for ££s off - they seemed to have models in their showroom that were more expensive than the configurator when you compared the specs. Through Drive the Deal I ended up with a landrover dealer over 100m miles away, but they will deliver it for free on the back of a trailer, and the sales guy was good. He even sent me a video of himself sitting in the jump seat to show me that I didn't need to option it. I found Drive the Deal better than Car Wow. Drive the Deal still had better deals on Discos and Audis than the Defender though.
Post #900832 1st May 2021 8:46am
jim4244

England 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi CSW Epsom Green
Marshals Military Sales will be pulling all discount on new Defenders in the next week or so.

If you are serving or a Veteran get in quick!

Jim
Post #921737 16th Sep 2021 5:50pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Spare a thought for the head buyer at Hertz ~ places an order for 100,000 Tesla (or thinks he has) ; and then gets told by Musk "Tesla has far more demand than production, therefore we will only sell cars to Hertz for the same margin as to consumers." So that's no discount then. 😳

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/te...ted/240270
Post #928259 2nd Nov 2021 5:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 24 of 24 <123 ... 222324