↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Discounts?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 24 <123 ... 222324>
Print this entire topic · 
J77

Scotland 
Give me an electric vehicle that can match my Velars 400 mile fuel range, in all weather conditions then I’ll jump to an EV. Until then they are a waste of time, in my opinion of course.

Personally I don’t understand why people think 27 miles of range is poor for a big heavy SUV. If more range is needed then it’s an EV you want. 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #875193 30th Dec 2020 2:11pm
DSL

United Kingdom 
For me it’s not the range that’s the issue, it’s the refuel time. I don’t mind getting, say, 250 real world miles (though would prefer the present 660ish with 65 reserve) out of a “tank”, be that petrol, diesel or leckie, but not having to sit somewhere watching rubbish coffee go cold for ages. Plus it turns my regular long haul of 565 miles into an overnighter. No thanks.
Post #875202 30th Dec 2020 3:33pm
Tim in Scotland

The new charging station just off the M9 at Stirling has the latest superchargers on it 0-270 miles/80% in 30 minutes, of course it depends on if your car can accept that charging rate and as far as I’m aware only a Porsche Taycan and some Tesla’s can charge that fast at the moment........... the IPace IIRC can only take 100kw charging Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #875228 30th Dec 2020 4:56pm
DSL

United Kingdom 
Unfortunately Porsches and Teslas are well out of my price range. But once they get the charging time licked, prob in conjunction with better range, I’ll be interested. And not forgetting price. Whistle
Post #875241 30th Dec 2020 5:55pm
J77

Scotland 
I like the look of the Taycan, I like Porsche in general but not in my price range. There seems to be a lot of Mercedes Benz EQCs around my area, another I like the look of. 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #875244 30th Dec 2020 6:02pm
DSL

United Kingdom 
Just had a mooch at Autotrader prices on 2.0l cars, thinking the prices might make up for change in engine. 450 (less any duplications), that’s a lot of metal sitting there. Say, an average of £55k per car, 25 million squids. You’d have thought there would be some “come and buy me/new Deafner looking for a home” prices, didn’t see any on a quick scan through!
Post #875636 1st Jan 2021 12:51pm
Simon Audi

United Kingdom 
Probably because they are dealer stock - at prepaid price MSRP less 10 to 15%??

So any serious discount would loose them money... unless they can get an incentive package through JLR.. or some special financing...

Plus JLR probably is restricting dealers discounting not to devalue car... MSRP.

Just a guess..
Post #875638 1st Jan 2021 1:36pm
DSL

United Kingdom 
But in the eyes of potential buyers these cars are already devalued with the engine change. I wouldn’t look at the 2.0 cars unless there was a big helping hand as I know is regret it on resale.

Sorry present 2.0 owners. Whistle
Post #875645 1st Jan 2021 2:25pm
Tim in Scotland

Try talking to them rather than accepting that the price advertised is the price that they are prepared to sell for. A bit like house prices - the price you see online or in the estate agents window is the “we wish” price not what they actually sell for.
The franchised dealers wouldn’t want to be seen publicly selling at less than the official LR price but a sale is a sale and they will sometimes forego margin to meet a quarterly sales target that is worth more than the discount that they give you. I would be surprised if you couldn’t get a discount on one of the 4 cylinder diesels seeing as they are now “old stock”. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #875650 1st Jan 2021 2:46pm
DSL

United Kingdom 
I just wish it was easier to see what’s been added to “base” car specs, it’s a right royal PITA trying to see what options there are on cars. A nightmare trying to wade through. Sad
Post #875652 1st Jan 2021 3:02pm
Van Diesel

United Kingdom 1986 Defender 90 V8 Petrol ST Auto Pennine Grey
Pilgrimmick wrote:
Think NFU offer discounts, worth becoming a member if buying a car.

Bought a lot of vehicles with NFU discount, the last being a Disco 5 with about 15% off.

Contacted the same dealer over Christmas who confirmed what I already knew and said there is no NFU discount on the Defender. Face lifted 2021 Disco will also have its NFU discount reduced down to 9 or 10%.

I just asked outright about a dealer discount on a 110 and he offered 5% off. It's a start!
Post #876085 3rd Jan 2021 5:55pm
SN

DSL wrote:
I just wish it was easier to see what’s been added to “base” car specs, it’s a right royal PITA trying to see what options there are on cars. A nightmare trying to wade through. Sad

I've got it in a spreadsheet if you want it - this is why I've just ordered an S up-specced to 'higher spec lights/wheels' rather than taking all of the SE bits...

And... currently scratching head over body/roof/wheel colours again after SWMBO has 'released' some additional funds... Rolling Eyes Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)
Post #876150 3rd Jan 2021 11:30pm
DSL

United Kingdom 
Got that, thanks. It differs from mine in that mine doesn’t have 0 - 60 times. Laughing Laughing
Post #876166 4th Jan 2021 9:16am
milesr3

2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Keswick Green
Van Diesel wrote:
I just asked outright about a dealer discount on a 110 and he offered 5% off. It's a start!

That's a good start versus the 4.5% via Drivethedeal.

I keep looking at the same 2.0 diesels that have been stuck on Autotrader for months and they make no sense at all against the (already discounted) 3.0. There's a couple of D250s that have caught my eye at low 50s.
Post #876170 4th Jan 2021 9:59am
DSL

United Kingdom 
SN wrote:
DSL wrote:

I've got it in a spreadsheet if you want it - this is why I've just ordered an S up-specced to 'higher spec lights/wheels' rather than taking all of the SE bits...

And... currently scratching head over body/roof/wheel colours again after SWMBO has 'released' some additional funds... Rolling Eyes

What I was trying to see is, for example, if there is an S 3.0 out there, it’s not easy to see what’s above the standard S price. OK, added things like colour is easy to see but there are some weird and wonderful combos out there and it’s tricky to see how they get to the sticker price.

PS I’m only finding Autotrader of any use, the LR site is totally rubbish. Unless I’m using it wrongly. Whistle
Post #876174 4th Jan 2021 10:11am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 24 <123 ... 222324>