↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Commercial Variant
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 26 <123 456 ... 242526>
Print this entire topic · 
LandymanStefan

England 2001 Defender 90 Td5 SW Epsom Green
The fact they keep piping on about DNA and heritage and series 1 blah blah blah. This is a completely different vehicle to the old defender.

Also the situations theyre putting it in in the videos just seem very unlikely. The builder chap on a site in the high vis? This is transit van territory, built around a sheel of 8x4. Why would a bunch of builders pay double the price for half the space? I cant see people loading bricks into the back of it like a pick up. I think its a very niche market for a luxury 4x4 van.

To end on a plus note the commercial does look better than the passenger vehicle. I think a 110 USW version with the blanked back windows and with 5 seats would probably sell more than the full van version.
Post #840791 30th Jun 2020 8:27pm
Tim in Scotland

Didn’t any of these arty farts ever go to a geography lesson................. I think we’ve pretty well proved now that the earth isn’t flat or a cube but they still persist in going to “the four corners of the earth/ world” ......... Rolling with laughter Woukd you buy a 2nd hand car from that man?......... Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on 30th Jun 2020 8:55pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #840793 30th Jun 2020 8:27pm
J77

Scotland 

Click image to enlarge
Post #840803 30th Jun 2020 8:45pm
Tim in Scotland

Bottom one looks better and more like the car that was shown at the Frankfurt Motorshow. No rear doors makes it a Hard Top, and as somebody else pointed out, with rear doors it should be a Utility, also looking good in Epsom/Tonga/Aintree Green with the white roof and side panels Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #840809 30th Jun 2020 8:57pm
Ads90

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 CSW Keswick Green
Only just noticed on the arm waving vid - do all the drivers side wipers sit high like that?
Post #840816 30th Jun 2020 9:47pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Tim in Scotland wrote:
No rear doors makes it a Hard Top, and as somebody else pointed out, with rear doors it should be a Utility

Again, this is the sort of thing that happens when most of the workforce haven't been there long enough to know what you are even talking about.

They talk about heritage but then put most of it in the skip around the back of the office.
Post #840857 1st Jul 2020 6:40am
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
lohr500 wrote:
Do you think Gerry is out of shot with the AK47. One wrong word and he pulls the trigger.
I've never heard so much rubbish in my life. This is not a commercial vehicle. Period. Another vanity product.

And seeing the very brief shot with the rear door open, I'll eat my hat if you could even get a Euro pallet in the back. The door doesn't look to swing open far enough.

It looks to be a very particular pallet, on a shrunk forklift:

Click image to enlarge
Post #840863 1st Jul 2020 6:59am
lohr500

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Agree. I think someone has been very busy with Photoshop! To a large extent it is irrelevant anyway as the reality is that if anyone wants to move pallets around, they will use a van or flat bed.
Post #840872 1st Jul 2020 7:13am
22900013A

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Keswick Green
I find the white sides a bit odd, as that was a series feature, not a Defender feature. I can't help think they might look better in body colour. 2011 110 USW
1973 Series III 1-Ton
1972 Series III 1-Ton Cherrypicker
1969 IIA 1-Ton
1966 IIA 88"
Post #840881 1st Jul 2020 7:27am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mike c

England 2004 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Belize Green
Not fooled here by a token retro paint scheme/white steel wheels Laughing As already said, completely different vehicle, and I struggle to think of who would buy one of these for over 35k Shocked then put it to work Confused

Still clearly LR are desperately trying to display some kind of utility use of it for some credibility....

Will be interesting to see if any agencies/waterboards/authorities etc do start buying these in the future, just cannot see it somehow, the old Defenders had quite long service with these organisations, I doubt this would last, due to complexity, repair costs etc Question
Post #840935 1st Jul 2020 8:50am
spudfan

Ireland 
I could ask my wife to dress up as Marylin Monroe but ehh, well ehh, no harm to my wife she wouldn't come close to the real thing. Now regarding the new Defender...... 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai
Post #840938 1st Jul 2020 8:57am
walfy

I suppose the traffic wombles would like this version. Comfy driving position, lots of rear space for all the cones they feel the need to put out and 3.5T towing capacity.
I can see a lot of these making it into that market when their current D5 (if thats what they are using) needs to be replaced 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD
RRE HSE Dynamic Gone, wife killed it
VOLVO XC60 R Dynamic with some toys

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #840971 1st Jul 2020 10:53am
Mike c

England 2004 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Belize Green
Yes quite likely, so another example of how it replaces a Discovery..., not a utility Land Rover.

But I think we all knew this type "replacement" vehicle was inevitable really, LRs interpretation of a modern Defender, which to be honest, we have had since 1989!
Post #840973 1st Jul 2020 10:59am
J77

Scotland 
Mike c wrote:
Not fooled here by a token retro paint scheme/white steel wheels Laughing As already said, completely different vehicle, and I struggle to think of who would buy one of these for over 35k Shocked then put it to work Confused

Still clearly LR are desperately trying to display some kind of utility use of it for some credibility....

Will be interesting to see if any agencies/waterboards/authorities etc do start buying these in the future, just cannot see it somehow, the old Defenders had quite long service with these organisations, I doubt this would last, due to complexity, repair costs etc Question

Plenty people spent more than that on the D4 commercial and put it to work.
Post #841018 1st Jul 2020 1:08pm
Tim in Scotland

1st “Working” farm New Defender spotted
Off Topic
Well I’ve just overtaken a farmer using his L663 First Edition to haul a triple axle Ivor Williams Beasty trailer home from Stirling Mart in my First Ed and I got both a wave and flashed headlights, now normally farmers driving Old Defenders round this way don’t greet other Defenders coming the other way but I got 3 who did today. Could it be the novelty of seeing their first New Defender in the flesh? Certainly caused a stir with 2 Disco5 owners at Sainsbury’s - they even waited until I got back after my shopping so that they could have a look inside. Both were farmers and one of them has 2 base models on order to be delivered next week - the D5 is being exchanged for one of them. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #841041 1st Jul 2020 2:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 26 <123 456 ... 242526>