↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > BeaTie
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 11 of 26 <123 ... 101112 ... 242526>
Print this entire topic · 
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
It seems pretty unlikely that two new lamp holders would fail in that way. It's far more likely that you've got a short somewhere else and it's only when a bulb is in place that the circuit is complete.

Do you have towing electrics? That's a favourite place for corrosion to cause odd lighting problems. Failing that, try bypassing sections of the loom, say from the brake light switch to the rear cluster wiring, with a separate length of wire and see if you can narrow down where the problem might be. Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #794892 24th Sep 2019 6:08pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
yeah it has towing electrics, I never thought about checking those! are those hard wired into the car loom or just plugged into the loom? As I can just unplug the thing. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #794962 24th Sep 2019 11:35pm
windy81

Wales 1992 Defender 90 200 Tdi HT Firenze Red
my towing electrics come up on the rear drivers side under the cover if you know what i mean. Just plugs into the rear lighting circuit for the car itself with an independent wire for the reversing light.
Post #794974 25th Sep 2019 7:09am
Procta

United Kingdom 
well its not the towing loom, So tomorrow I am going to have another look at this, and I going to ask my dad for a helping hand in case I have missed something here. I have got two replacement housings, land rover ones this time, in case the bearmach ones are shorting, it wasn't before I switched to these. So back to the proper ones just to rule out cheap crap out.
I will keep the lens though. But I will have some new orange ones coming up though at some point.
The door loom I did right to replace as that's had some 3rd party wiring done to that. But I will see my dad about making a loom up, well an earth lead so I can get the rear door back up again.
Then I can get back onto getting the mudflaps and using the motor again. 12k not been used and thieves will be sniffing at it no doubt. We have upgraded the security on the driveway and with me having the removeable boss, I am still worried though. I want to upgrade more. Very Happy Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #795538 28th Sep 2019 12:13am
Procta

United Kingdom 
BeaTie is back up and running again, My dad stopped what he was doing today and jumped on this with me. We Went through a few things again and double checked.

I will leave this link here, I really do question quality Rolling Eyes

https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic69464.html Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #795661 28th Sep 2019 6:50pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
I have been looking at a few upgrades and updates, just need to work out if I can really go for the full smash at the moment. or do I just stock pile. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #796265 1st Oct 2019 8:31pm
L110CDL

England 
Bit by bit as you never know when you need that extra bit of money for an emergency Wink 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #796417 2nd Oct 2019 8:21pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
I am looking at what is the cheapest 1st then go from there,
Changes are Door handles, door hinges, black door cards and mud side piller trims so that i can run wires up there for the rear speakers. New head unit and rear speaker pods, i did sell ones i had, which did free up some budget to get this home.
Going to have another look through the list and make a choice 1st. Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #796761 4th Oct 2019 10:36pm
Scotm

Scotland 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Orkney Grey
A mate of mine converted the grey interior of his VW van to black using some form of shoe dye/polish. A bit of googling brings up some examples.

Might save you money on door cards?
Post #796776 5th Oct 2019 6:55am
Procta

United Kingdom 
The driver side one is damaged and is held on by a self tapper, the rear one has seen better days sadly. Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #796826 5th Oct 2019 6:09pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Scotm wrote:
A mate of mine converted the grey interior of his VW van to black using some form of shoe dye/polish. A bit of googling brings up some examples.

Might save you money on door cards?

A good tip that mind with shoe polish on dash boards etc. One of the lads did that on the metro owners club and his interior plastics came up like new! Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #796829 5th Oct 2019 6:10pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
well I was about to go to Censored hole ( asda, where I used to work) I started the engine and turned my wipers on and that was it they died, so looks like the switch has given up. My dad has told me to test the electrics before I buy a replacement. So I will do that, I may even look at rolling out an upgrade too. be only the cheapo stuff though, nothing hardcore yet.
I think thats going to be next year now due to where we are in the year. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #798822 20th Oct 2019 1:13am
Procta

United Kingdom 
did a bit of a test with my dad, and we have found that the switch has died, So a proper one has been ordered off. So the cars dash is in bits for a couple of days Rolling Eyes I am off on Thursday so I can have a go at this nightmare, Why the hell did they make it more of a pain in the arse on the TD5?? I would hate to do one on a puma! Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #798950 21st Oct 2019 4:58pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
back in action! Took a bit to get the switch back in place, I had to un screw the centre console off just to get some more room. Once the switch was back in place, I did a test, not a thing! So i decided to put the dash back together, and have a look at where the Relay was, I un plugged that, and tested a one from the Rover metro, still the say thing. So i thought i would do a test of everything, and then i remembered one of the lads on here mention put the wipers on single setting, and then give the wipers a gentle helping, so i did, heard a click. That was it! we were rocking again! So i may not have needed to test the relay. But i did rule it out anyway, while i had the car in pieces.
Also i did role out an upgrade, for next year too. That was add my rear speaker wires. so all i need to do is run them to the rear end, Next year. Thumbs Up
But i will buy some pieces to make things easier and neater too from mud. Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #799313 24th Oct 2019 1:31pm
L110CDL

England 
Great your back in action there Procta Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #799530 25th Oct 2019 7:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 11 of 26 <123 ... 101112 ... 242526>