↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > BeaTie
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 12 of 26 <123 ... 111213 ... 242526>
Print this entire topic · 
Procta

United Kingdom 
yeah it was tight mind, as the parents Defender is due its MOT, this week sometime. Also now I can start to roll out some Upgrades. Got a few items I am starting to order off now, not sure if I should get the expensive stuff out of the way 1st, But we will see. I know the driver side door card has seen better days, but I want to upgrade a few things there 1st so I don't have to go back into removing the door cards. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #799645 26th Oct 2019 10:46pm
Sulisuli

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
It’s always work in progress procta Thumbs Up 2015 HT XS 90
2008 SVX 90
2000 XS TD5 90
Post #799660 27th Oct 2019 8:06am
Procta

United Kingdom 
Two items have came today, Nothing to right home about but, just some genuine rubber mats for the front and a cheap pedal lock thing. Even though it was cheap it saved someone's defender on face book going walkies. Even though they will come back again for another go, but it still another layer Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #799916 29th Oct 2019 6:45pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Well I have finally got around to uploading some pictures,
I want to show you lads and lasses the horrors you can encounter, when doing repairs and upgrades!
When I took the dash a part to sort out the wiper fault, I found this!

Click image to enlarge

The middle bracket, strength thing has been hacked to hell, so that they could fit a replacement washer jet! Why didn't they just remove the top part of the dash and the centre console that holds the switches and radio in?
Then there was today, my mum noticed a bit of a smell, which this one as suffered from since I got her.
The water just leaks inside the rear tub.
So my mum got me some dumdum tape stuff. I found removed this

Click image to enlarge

house hold silicone, from out side!
I have corrected the silicone repair

Click image to enlarge

also the bracket thing, I will have to come back at when I do the rear speaker wiring. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #800548 3rd Nov 2019 12:48am
Procta

United Kingdom 
Also today I did another upgrade, which make the car ready for me to run wires to the rear of the car, ( shame these were not on the table for the 300 at the time!)

Click image to enlarge

pair of mud items

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Not bad items at all, I am toying with the idea of fitting handles there too, but I will have to test to see if I can. with these been more puffed out.
I have fitted rubber mats to the front of the car too, and also I have some side covers too for the inner sills.
Which I have just ordered off, also I have ordered off some top vents again like I did with the old defender, just so I can have the side windows clear and have grafty vents keep me warm, even though his do clear the side windows. But I want to have those aimed at me. Not the windows, which means now I don't need to move the settings. ( this one has the electric window screen) just leave it in the middle and that's it.

I do have other upgrades on the cards but I will have to wait till this goes through an MOT, plus we have XMAS coming up now too. So I cannot push on with things as quickly as I want to, Maybe the odd item I may buy but I cannot fit. I do like the RX fuse box cover thing they have with a hands free, but with the last item I bought for the side panel control for the 300, which didn't go anywhere near! I am not really sure if I want to go for that.
My upgrades are security and updates to the interior, just to tidy the motor up more inside. Looking at new external door handles and interior plastics change over etc, but its one of those upgrades you might as well do in one go. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #800549 3rd Nov 2019 1:00am
L110CDL

England 
Nice to see your moving forward on your upgrades Procta, looking much better Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #800639 3rd Nov 2019 8:05pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
looks like I have water coming in from the passenger side Shocked I think I will have to get some of that dum dum tape stuff and have play! Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #800765 4th Nov 2019 4:15pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
well looks like the bottom of the passenger side door is well a way, hence the mighty reservoir in the foot well, looks like its getting in from behind the door cars. So I will look at getting the bottom of the doors repaired and I may look at fitting the later seals if those are any better. Thumbs Up
Also my upgrades have arrived, but I think I will need to dry out the floors 1st or do something a long those lines.
Also something else is coming too, which was a last min update of another good upgrade. Whistle Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #800942 5th Nov 2019 9:06pm
L110CDL

England 
Sounds like a good plan of action there Procta to tackle the water ingress Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #801127 6th Nov 2019 9:20pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Been busy at work, doing extra hours so I haven't really had the time to post up what I did last weekend, When the weather was ok. 1st time I got to use the full heated front window screen. The frost rapidly vanished, the rear took a bit to heat up but the old one was like that too.

Anyway, Another upgrade to the interior, well the heater and demister system.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

and grafty's new version vents, these are the expensive ones, The others have been mothballed for the moment.

Click image to enlarge

I do have another ideas but with Xmas just weeks away and the MOT is just around the corner, I am not going to blow any hard money on stuff that I want. Rolling Eyes well not till after Xmas Very Happy Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #802613 17th Nov 2019 7:43pm
grafty99

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Caledonian Blue
Nice vents Whistle 2002 90 Td5 Station Wagon
1990 Vogue SE
Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200
Td5 90 Thread http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic50767.html
Tdi 110 Thread https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic69562.html
RRC Thread http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic54492.html
Instagram http://www.instagram.com/george_grafton
Post #802617 17th Nov 2019 8:09pm
JamieL

United Kingdom 
Procta wrote:
I have corrected the silicone repair

Click image to enlarge

Hello Procta

I have always enjoyed reading your posts. Your dum dum approach may work but if it were mine, it would bug me until my OCD couldn't cope any more. I think I'd try lifting the roof a bit and replace the foam seal with a new one.

Just my opinion dude.

Jamie

It's bugged me that much that I had to write this Laughing
Post #803535 25th Nov 2019 7:19pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Funny enough you should say that, someone has already been there on this one. the seal is on the Censored on this side, compared to the other side. I will have to do something like that at one point but its getting the full works lifted up to do the job. Its not pretty sadly, the other side is better done, tape wise but the seal on that side isn't there practically. Shocked
If someone has some good ideas on how to lift the full works to do the job, that would be great, as my dads needs to be done too. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #803751 27th Nov 2019 12:38am
Fatbaron

United Kingdom 
I've just ordered the seals for mine too mate. Gonna start chasing the leaks. Its really easy to lift the roof and side panels. I did mine on my own but it's probably better with 2!
Post #803758 27th Nov 2019 6:48am
Procta

United Kingdom 
only thing is we have a driveway not a garage, that we can bolt a hoist or something sadly. Doing the seals I cannot see been a pain in the arse at all. I will have done much worse jobs on cars in the past, its just a case of getting the height and been careful. My dad can be very hand fisted with stuff, and you end up sorting more stuff out sadly. Rolling Eyes Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #803901 28th Nov 2019 1:45am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 12 of 26 <123 ... 111213 ... 242526>