↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Dating sites
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 8 <12345678>
Print this entire topic · 
custom90

United Kingdom 
Flipping eck' this thread escalated quickly since I last read it.

The way I see it is, if you set out to use women you will end up single all your life and in and out of failed relationships.
And the more you have the even less desirable you will be.

There are good ones out there, but a rarity and most are sick of being objectified and used.
So thus, most treat us all the same regardless of what you really are intending and that is fully genuine. Rolling Eyes
And they expect and hope to be proved wrong, but the stupid part is most won't even let that happen.

My biggest irritation is many don't seem to know what they want at all, and actually see us as a commodity.
Especially if a guy with a higher wage goes by. Diesels Lives Matter. โ›ฝ๏ธ๐Ÿ›ข๏ธ๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿ”ง๐Ÿงฐโš™๏ธ
And if You Love the Country, then weโ€™re on the same side ~
I gotโ€™ love for Britain, I gotโ€™ British prideโ€™. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง

Last edited by custom90 on 30th Oct 2017 8:02pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #660554 30th Oct 2017 1:48pm
BLACK LAB

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Tonga Green
nitram17 wrote:
BLACK LAB wrote:
nitram17 wrote:
Each to their own fella .......but to me no matter how you dress it up yours is a sad cynical world that you live in that objectifies women and equates sex as a the same as buying a bag of sugar! I dont get your world black lab I want to have sex with a woman who wants to have sex with me and not because I have saved up my greenshield stamps for a looker who cannot wait for me to get off her and thinks im a creep!

You've obviously no been with many fun lookers . Laughing They love it and they love being in control of their lifes by enjoying the rewards that their good looks can achieve for them - theres' no shame in them .There's nothing creepy about it either . Yer not kerb crawling or running about in a dirty mac looking for Old Saggy Aggie smokin a Faggie ( Unless yer name is Wayne Rooney ) . They're not being forced into it by some mad eastern european human trafficker either .
Its actually quite a buzz when you pick a cracker and if your a handsome chap then its great to see their faces light up cos they know they're not going to be rattled from some big fat chap with stinky kegs . Once you get to know a few crackers they very often give you freebies anyway once they realise yer a genuine guy with maybe not alot of time to spare on women - it all becomes quite amicable and friendly . You must remember that many of these burds are super super fit looking . Not a single tit hanging the wrong way .
Wis there anything particularly seedy that you found about the film Pretty Woman which starred Richard Gere and Julia Roberts ? I know it got a bit soppy at the end but in reality he done much the same .
For guys with busy work and social schedules these sites offer a convenient way to still maintain your red blood but save alot of the hassle that other men seem to thrive to aspire towards .

If you believe any of of the above nonsense (which i doubt)then you are a sad sad fella indeed and a bit of a foolish one at that "face light up"you will be freeing an african princess next (for a small fee)if you fall for that one ...your a "punter" simple as that .....so please carry on with your shallow life ............i will not respond on this subject again as i feel you are just making mischief for the sake of it ........Good luck and if you start getting lethargic ..get your Hep C status checked it might save your liver! ps read the book that pretty women was based on and you might feel differently.

Aw come on theres' no need to get personal and start calling folk sad sad fellas Laughing - Quite the contrary actually and as far as African Princesses go then you can keep them to yourself . It's better for the lad who started this thread to be a happy punter and control his own life with some lovely hot looking chicks than be shackled to some nagging horrible gold digging fatty that you see some guys with . 2006 DEFENDER 90 TD5 CSW XS
2018 RANGE ROVER SPORT HSE DYNAMIC
Post #660559 30th Oct 2017 2:03pm
legin

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Santorini Black
Can't believe I'm reading this on a Land Rover forum some of it is funny some of it is very sad ,I did put my two bobs worth in to begin with, light hearted I hope but now it's just going round and round and getting dirty ,My wife has many single lady friends who have given up trying to find a male partner reading this I can see why.
Post #660649 30th Oct 2017 7:21pm
ibexman

United Kingdom 
My old man used to say to me you stay away from women son
Was she right YES Rolling with laughter
Post #660651 30th Oct 2017 7:33pm
BLACK LAB

legin wrote:
Can't believe I'm reading this on a Land Rover forum some of it is funny some of it is very sad ,I did put my two bobs worth in to begin with, light hearted I hope but now it's just going round and round and getting dirty ,My wife has many single lady friends who have given up trying to find a male partner reading this I can see why.

What do they look like ? They're maybe single for a reason ? Whistle 2006 DEFENDER 90 TD5 CSW XS
Post #660656 30th Oct 2017 7:45pm
Kit

United Kingdom 1993 Defender 90 200 Tdi SW Scotia Grey
legin wrote:

I think some of these guys like Black Lab are just trolling the forum, i'd just ignore him if I were you. 1993 200 Tdi 90 CSW
1956 Series 1 Hard-top
1958 Series 1 Soft-top
Post #660689 30th Oct 2017 8:59pm
BLACK LAB

We're not trolling - We're having a laugh at whats available out there . Anybody with half a brain knows that I'm not serious . You have the same lack of humour as some women out there . Get a life . 2006 DEFENDER 90 TD5 CSW XS
Post #660772 30th Oct 2017 11:45pm
Kit

BLACK LAB wrote:
We're not trolling - We're having a laugh at whats available out there . Anybody with half a brain knows that I'm not serious . You have the same lack of humour as some women out there . Get a life .

So you're not serious about everything you've said but you're serious about everything you've said, interesting.

I think you need to learn how to commit to something, ya know, be a man?

And whose we, i'm talking about you. 1993 200 Tdi 90 CSW
1956 Series 1 Hard-top
1958 Series 1 Soft-top
Post #660780 31st Oct 2017 12:04am
BLACK LAB

Penny has just dropped Kit - Sorry please accept my apologies doll . I didnt realise that women might be on here as well . It was insensitive of me to speak about women as mere sex objects . I'm sorry if I offended you and your kind . Bow down 2006 DEFENDER 90 TD5 CSW XS
Post #660787 31st Oct 2017 12:29am
lambert.the.farmer

England 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi PU Rutland Red
Lest we forget the whole point of all relationships is reproductive biology. The female is looking for a mate that is able to provide safety and a stable environment for herself in return she offers offspring, the male is looking for a mate that can provide him with healthy viable offspring in return he offers a safe and stable environment. The rest is just fluff. They want protection, we want a legacy remove either and both parties look elsewhere. Yes I am a jaded, cynical sociopath but that is the essential truth of relationships both parties want something in exchange for what they can offer. Rhubarb and custard let fly with their secret weapon.
Post #660797 31st Oct 2017 6:09am
22900013A

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Keswick Green
legin wrote:
,My wife has many single lady friends who have given up trying to find a male partner reading this I can see why.

Which is again part of this horrible catch-22 situation where decent blokes (and I would like to think I am one) can't get anywhere and maybe down the line end up a bit like black lab...as other men have ruined it for us.

Truth is I never would be like that as it just isn't in, perhaps I'm just a romantic fool, but I can see why a guy can end up so jaded he goes that way.

As to the sites - well with some (Tinder) you literally cannot send a message unless you both "like" each other. At least then I have found they usually do reply, although they don't keep up the messages. On more open sites you rarely get responses, I guess the ladies are just so bombarded with messages you get overlooked. I have noticed a lot of women now are being very specific about appearances, "Over six feet tall and gym fit only" is not unusual. That means that no matter how great a catch I am otherwise, they pass me by, as I am not six feet tall nor gym fit.

I'm not really sure what the answer is.

I think it was much better in the old days where family and friends made introductions and people went from there. Now you are on your own in what seems to be a troll-infested swamp!

I'm basically looking for someone where I can say "Fancy driving the 110 to Iceland?" and she responds "Hell yeah!" I don't need a bunk up, I want a companion. 2011 110 USW
1973 Series III 1-Ton
1972 Series III 1-Ton Cherrypicker
1969 IIA 1-Ton
1966 IIA 88"
Post #660815 31st Oct 2017 7:57am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
GREENI

United Kingdom 
It's a social media world, they can't be seen with a down to earth guy, who'll actually treat them right if he doesn't tick all of the right boxes... 6'+ etc

Unfortunately there's a lot of shallowness about. Self obsession too.. I have girl friends whose social media photos contain only themselves, one hand on hip, pouting selfies. Stupid snapchat dog ear filters..etc. They wonder why they're single.

Just keep your head up and smile. Say yes to any invite to anywhere, you'll meet the right one.
Post #660819 31st Oct 2017 8:16am
Kit

22900013A wrote:
as I am not six feet tall nor gym fit.

I'm not really sure what the answer is.

I think the answer is quite clear, you need to start going to a gym with a rack to stretch you out Laughing

But seriously mate, I would just work on yourself first until you are happy in your own skin (if you aren't), this is a good one: http://thebettermanprojects.com/

GREENI wrote:
It's a social media world, they can't be seen with a down to earth guy, who'll actually treat them right if he doesn't tick all of the right boxes... 6'+ etc

Unfortunately there's a lot of shallowness about. Self obsession too.. I have girl friends whose social media photos contain only themselves, one hand on hip, pouting selfies. Stupid snapchat dog ear filters..etc. They wonder why they're single.

Just keep your head up and smile. Say yes to any invite to anywhere, you'll meet the right one.

Yeah I agree with that 100%, I mean you've got sites like Instagram which are literally just people obsessing photos with a bunch of filters on which make you look like someone else.

I blame the Kardashians! 1993 200 Tdi 90 CSW
1956 Series 1 Hard-top
1958 Series 1 Soft-top
Post #660826 31st Oct 2017 8:34am
Chris90V8

England 1987 Defender 90 2.5 TD XS CSW Portofino Red
Sheep Sheep Sheep Sheep Sheep Whistle ๐Ÿšœ. ...... . .... . .. ๐Ÿš—๐Ÿš๐Ÿš›๐Ÿšš๐Ÿšš๐Ÿš—๐Ÿš™๐Ÿš
Post #660978 31st Oct 2017 8:12pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Talking of Sheep...

I reckon you should pop over to Wales, there is a much larger single female population over there.
Or at least that's the impression I get anyway, can any locals confirm? Whistle Rolling with laughter

Although a lot of this thread has on and off on a tangent, a few jokes and a couple of spats.
There is actually quite a good few points on this thread.

I wouldn't worry about height either, don't get hung up on it.
If somone is that way inclined I doubt their intelligence and credibility to judge in a fully superficial manner anyway.

Sounds a bit Clich้ but just be yourself, and don't try too hard.
Good things comes to those who wait. Diesels Lives Matter. โ›ฝ๏ธ๐Ÿ›ข๏ธ๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿ”ง๐Ÿงฐโš™๏ธ
And if You Love the Country, then weโ€™re on the same side ~
I gotโ€™ love for Britain, I gotโ€™ British prideโ€™. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
Post #660986 31st Oct 2017 8:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 8 <12345678>