↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Dating sites
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 8 <12345678>
Print this entire topic · 
BLACK LAB

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Tonga Green
22900013A wrote:
Well reading these replies has given me a few laughs if nothing else.

I'm not quite cynical enough yet to go down the adult work type route, and as a Yorkshireman I'd consider it a waste of money anyway.

I find the trouble with dating sites is that now they have all followed the tinder "swipe" model, I'm at a serious disadvantage. As it is now geared more towards looks, I suspect nobody ever actually reads the profiles to get an idea of the personality. Indeed, many of them say very little anyway. I'm sure if I was good-looking I would have no problems. I see many now specify they will only date men six feet tall or more, at five eight that is a bit of a kick in the guts. Not that I could even be friends with someone so shallow anyway.

My last relationship was seven years, so reasonable to say I have been out of the loop for a long time and I have no idea how to meet people. Living in a little village no doubt doesn't help.

Sadly at 36 I am also in that age where there are very few single women of the right age. Right now everyone I was at school with for example is either having, or had, kids, is married or settled. Divorces etc will come in another 15-20 years or so, people in there twenties are chopping and changing all the time. So...not a good situation. The few single women I have encountered of the right age are either not interested or are crazy.

I keep wondering if any women will come along to show they are not all evil harpies, especially after the last one left me on Christmas eve and was pregnant by her lover within weeks of leaving me. Oh, plus she was robbing me for years.

I'm not sure what to do really.

I cannot believe you are placing yourself on a scrap heap at 36 years old man ? Banish your misplaced morals and see it as Time to re grow your plums and get fired into some hot chicks from the sites I mentioned . That will give you yer mojo back and set you on yer way to becoming a man again . It will give you back yer confidence and give you that wee boost again that will maybe see you able to go and chat up burds in bars etc . Dont let bad women put you off all women - Just see them for what they are and try to get out and enjoy yerself .
With regards to yer ex and her lover who got her pregnant ? The lover is the daft guy who ended up getting her pregnant - You got off lightly pal . Away out and enjoy yerself like James Bond . Laughing 2006 DEFENDER 90 TD5 CSW XS
2018 RANGE ROVER SPORT HSE DYNAMIC
Post #660227 29th Oct 2017 9:53am
nitram17

keyboard stallion
Back lab is a dog .dont have to elaborate do i! Wink Remember Hep c .HIV,Genital warts and Herpes cannot be cured with a liberal dose of iron brew!
Post #660235 29th Oct 2017 10:49am
nitram17

BLACK LAB wrote:
gilarion wrote:
Quote:
Adult Work . com and cracker .com is a great site to get women . Some of them are easily 10 out of 10 first class looking . Just order them out to your house the same way you order a any other takeaway -give them the cash - do the business and then they go away and leave you in perfect peace . Its a great way to get the fun out of women but never have to actually sit and listen to any of their nagging and rubbish that they talk .

Shocked And wow! Never done that, 10 out of 10% women who you say you can take home and then discard as a takeaway and then you believe these females can regard themselves as fist class, Is more shocking. Perhaps I have been lucky or possibly its just the way I treat women, intelligent caring helpful.
You only get out what you put in, and my wife has given me so much I feel I would do anything foe, however but I have never thought of her as a takeout and I will never do so

I've seen the state of some of the women guys end up settled down with and its shocking really . They maybe looked ok when they were younger but once they get older they look haggared and many of them constantly nag the face off their guys . With the adult work and cracker . com sites you can always keep yourself updated with the latest model for a couple of hundred quid- then a wee kiss on the cheek as they leave ? No rules saying that you only need to get one burd either as they very often bring another burd to join in the fun . No emotional blackmail or jealousy with them .
The burds on these sites are never likely to try and get themselves pregnant or trap you . They will never nag the face off you either - all good fun really . It lets a guy concentrate on more important things like his dogs, cars , fishing , shooting etc . He gets to keep all of his money to himself as well .
The other tame dating sites out there offer no guarantee of jiggy jiggy - You need to engage in small talk which is a waste of time where you could be doing other better stuff to suit yourself . Then you may have to take them out to boring dinner , movies , jump through hoops to achieve the same end result that you could have achieved so easily by calling a burd direct from adult work or cracker .
I really dont see why men put themselves under such emotional burden nowadays by being shackled to women especially some of them who look like battered old hags . No other animal in the animal kingdom would put himself through the stuff I see men putting themselves through .
In this day of modern internet technology the ball is back in the mans court where he can simply pick and choose his own destiny . Its a buyers market nowadays .

I know what your diong BL...its getting boring now! please try other pond!.......this is a car forum!
Post #660238 29th Oct 2017 10:55am
simon67

England 2004 Defender 90 Td5 HT Rutland Red
I still like Screwfix being a dating agency

PS Get a dog, walk it regularly, you will meet women
100% guaranteed with a husky

You might be lucky, anyway good luck
Post #660240 29th Oct 2017 10:59am
custom90

United Kingdom 
22900013A wrote:

1) My last relationship was seven years, so reasonable to say I have been out of the loop for a long time and I have no idea how to meet people. Living in a little village no doubt doesn't help.

2) Sadly at 36 I am also in that age where there are very few single women of the right age. Right now everyone I was at school with for example is either having, or had, kids, is married or settled. Divorces etc will come in another 15-20 years or so, people in there twenties are chopping and changing all the time. So...not a good situation. The few single women I have encountered of the right age are either not interested or are crazy.

3) I keep wondering if any women will come along to show they are not all evil harpies, especially after the last one left me on Christmas eve and was pregnant by her lover within weeks of leaving me. Oh, plus she was robbing me for years.

4) I'm not sure what to do really.

1) Similar here, I personally wouldn't bother with locals around the corner I'm in the same position.
Broaden your horizons beyond the village. Laughing
I find most of them here are so stuck up, I don't even give them the time of day.
Sad I know, but true but most locals here are the same anyway.
I know if they so much as thought you were interested in them in that way they would take glee in thinking that and knocking you back deliberately. I wouldn't give them the satisfaction.

2) Sounds about right and very common.
But, remember it only takes one and not everyone is the same. Just the majority. Rolling Eyes
There is no doubt somone out there feeling exactly the same as you.
Make exception of avoiding and Femminist King Arthur pendragon worshiper types though. Whistle

3) She sounds like she was just no good, for you or to you to me.
Sounds as if you are best off, pity as you obviously did think a lot of her but she sounds like a user.
There are lots out there, just give them the boot I feel you suspect they are using you keep money out of things and you soon tell.

4) Don't give up, get out and about you have the Defender after all.

5) I will reserve comment on a few posts here, Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Diesels Lives Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️
And if You Love the Country, then we’re on the same side ~
I got’ love for Britain, I got’ British pride’. 🇬🇧
Post #660241 29th Oct 2017 11:05am
nitram17

Sorry to bring it down to maths but the more women you meet on a daily basis the more likely you are to find one you like !Most people meet mates through work or family and friends .....Sorry to get happy clappy but im a firm believer that most men and women are decent people ,with a few harpies and black dogs that make you appreciate the decent ones......happy shopping until you find the right model! Smile
Post #660244 29th Oct 2017 11:39am
22900013A

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Keswick Green
GREENI wrote:
You're doomed if you think turning to a Defender forum for help will solve your woes Laughing

Just keep your head up and smile politely at all ladies. One will be curious enough to want to know why.

I don't see any relevance to it being a Landrover site, or anything else - merely a decent place to get views from a fairly wide spectrum of people on an important issue.

I can't say I'm surprised we have not had any female respondents yet...! 2011 110 USW
1973 Series III 1-Ton
1972 Series III 1-Ton Cherrypicker
1969 IIA 1-Ton
1966 IIA 88"
Post #660248 29th Oct 2017 12:06pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
22900013A

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Keswick Green
BLACK LAB wrote:

I cannot believe you are placing yourself on a scrap heap at 36 years old man ?

My logic is that for me to have kids soon I need to meet someone pretty sharpish, spend a year or so getting to know them/dating/whatever, then get a place together, then have kids - so 2-3 years which would make me 38 at best. She is therefor going to need to be really no more than about 30-32 now, which in all seriousness is almost a generational difference. I work with lads about that age and their worldview is totally alien to me. Whist I tick all the boxes in terms of job, income, personality etc they are not exactly lining up to give me a chance. 2011 110 USW
1973 Series III 1-Ton
1972 Series III 1-Ton Cherrypicker
1969 IIA 1-Ton
1966 IIA 88"
Post #660251 29th Oct 2017 12:10pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
g-mack

United Kingdom 
Here is my advice. If you are looking for the "right woman" STOP looking!!!!! just do your thing, go out with friends, join clubs go to gym etc etc, just try and have an active social life, But DO NOT always make it about trying to find someone! Ive had tons of friends who can't live without being in a relationship and its on their minds all the time! Guess what! it's the ones who aren't looking who find someone!!!
put women to the back of your mind enjoy your life and maybe you will find someone maybe you won't !
but if i could say just one thing.
Wear sunscreen Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter My 109 thread

my youtube channel
Post #660252 29th Oct 2017 12:15pm
BLACK LAB

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Tonga Green
Re: keyboard stallion
nitram17 wrote:
Back lab is a dog .dont have to elaborate do i! Wink Remember Hep c .HIV,Genital warts and Herpes cannot be cured with a liberal dose of iron brew!

The poor guy is more likely to catch these horrible diseases in a drunken unprotected encounter from yer average burd on a saturday night . Indeed the last time I recall any of my pals catching anything was after a weekend out in your beloved toon .
. Shocked
Very few of the models you get to go with on the sites I mentioned will have these diseases and they would always insist that you wear yer seat belt before climbing in the driving seat . ( I used the car reference there to try and illustrate my meaning just for your benefit of reminding me that this is a car forum ) Thumbs Up 2006 DEFENDER 90 TD5 CSW XS
2018 RANGE ROVER SPORT HSE DYNAMIC
Post #660253 29th Oct 2017 12:20pm
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
simon67 wrote:
I still like Screwfix being a dating agency

PS Get a dog, walk it regularly, you will meet women
100% guaranteed with a husky

You might be lucky, anyway good luck

A dog is a great way of breaking the ice with people (female and male), but I wouldn't recommend getting one for this reason only. They are a hell of a bind, costs can be higher than Defender ownership and they can't be sent back when either a) they don't have the desired effect b) they do have the desired effect and stop you then from going out / going on holiday.

Good luck in the search Thumbs Up
Post #660256 29th Oct 2017 12:37pm
Teario

1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi SW Rioja Red
22900013A wrote:

My logic is that for me to have kids soon I need to meet someone pretty sharpish, spend a year or so getting to know them/dating/whatever, then get a place together, then have kids - so 2-3 years which would make me 38 at best. She is therefor going to need to be really no more than about 30-32 now, which in all seriousness is almost a generational difference. I work with lads about that age and their worldview is totally alien to me. Whist I tick all the boxes in terms of job, income, personality etc they are not exactly lining up to give me a chance.

I think g-mack is spot on. The best thing to do is stop anticipating it and let it happen naturally.

I'm only a few years younger than you and I share your concerns about having kids and being at an age where I can still be active and keep up with them. I always assumed I would end up adopting because there is really nobody out there for me. I'm someone who needs a lot of space and time to themselves. I'm a non-drinker so I don't hang out at pubs or other places I'd be likely to meet someone and find it important for the other person to share my views on that subject. I work in computers so it is highly male-dominated (I've had maybe 2 women colleagues in a 10 year career). I did consider dating sites a few years ago but I couldn't get myself over the stigma.

Anyway I had some failed relationships, met my fair share of crazies (once I spent 2 years with someone and she wouldn't let me speak to another woman. Even if we went to a shop and it was a woman serving she would get jealous and accuse me of only want to go in there to speak to her), but somehow someone like me has managed it. I'm sure you'll be fine if you stop stressing and just try to let it happen. Like others have said, put yourself in social situations that you are comfortable with and just see where it goes.

For me, after ending a relationship that left me emotionally exhausted I was definitely not looking and pretty much just gave up on the idea of ever finding someone. I moved to a different city and, being a nerd, went to a cafe with a board gaming evening so I could try to meet some friends. A few months later one of those friendships evolved even though I was still telling myself I should stay single for as long as possible (and actually having just come out of a long term relationship, so was she). For both of us it happened when neither of us were looking for it.

In terms of the generation gap, Emma is 5 years younger than me but we still get on fine. It's noticeable, for example I don't feel the need to spend 99% of the day sending memes to people on Facebook but then again she can't see why you'd want to spend 99% of your time fixing a defender that only ever ends up more broken. It's not so bad that it's a problem though.

I hope things work out for you.
Post #660271 29th Oct 2017 1:31pm
GREENI

United Kingdom 
22900013A wrote:
GREENI wrote:
You're doomed if you think turning to a Defender forum for help will solve your woes Laughing

Just keep your head up and smile politely at all ladies. One will be curious enough to want to know why.

I don't see any relevance to it being a Landrover site, or anything else - merely a decent place to get views from a fairly wide spectrum of people on an important issue.

I can't say I'm surprised we have not had any female respondents yet...!

My point being....
We as a Defender owners think the following traits are attractive....
Being:

Overweight
Overpriced
Leaky
Noisy
Slow
Unreliable
Easily stolen

But it's okay...shower them with shiny trinkets and they'll blossom into beautiful objects.

Mr. Green
Post #660275 29th Oct 2017 2:49pm
nitram17

Re: keyboard stallion
BLACK LAB wrote:
nitram17 wrote:

The poor guy is more likely to catch these horrible diseases in a drunken unprotected encounter from yer average burd on a saturday night . Indeed the last time I recall any of my pals catching anything was after a weekend out in your beloved toon .
. Shocked
Very few of the models you get to go with on the sites I mentioned will have these diseases and they would always insist that you wear yer seat belt before climbing in the driving seat . ( I used the car reference there to try and illustrate my meaning just for your benefit of reminding me that this is a car forum ) Thumbs Up

I think your wrong black lab ...its a numbers game ,.....the non pro with loose morals who has sex with a different bloke every night well thats 7x1 ..the average tom will have sex with at least five blokes per day and some much more you do the math ...plus the clients will have consorted with other toms ...its a diseased pool your swimming in fella ..you might be ok once or twice but to promote it as a life choice is wrong imho .,,,,,,.mainly on health grounds but who wants to have sex with a women who despises you and is faking it !
Post #660355 29th Oct 2017 8:16pm
L110CDL

England 
I do love the screwfix answer Rolling with laughter

As said, the best way is to get on with your life and if it's meant to be, then it will happen 22900013A Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #660360 29th Oct 2017 8:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 8 <12345678>