↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > A day in the life of Miffy the 110...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 58 of 60 <123 ... 57 585960>
Print this entire topic · 
custom90

United Kingdom 
Great pics, true Defender habitat. Thumbs Up Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #1023238 1st Feb 2024 5:11pm
DICKO1995

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Tamar Blue
Help with Wipac led headlights
Hi,

First post on here. Go easy.

Not sure if this is the right thread but any help would be ideal.

Click image to enlarge

I’m having a nightmare with fitting Wipac led headlights, should be plug and play but not that simple (for me anyway)

So my problem is that I have power to the headlights but only seem to have a low beam. With one push forward on the stalk the low beam comes on, when pressing the stalk forward again nothing changes, as if the main driving beam is not working. The full beam/flash is working and so are the DRL’s which are wired to the led sidelights.

I’ll attach a photo of the Wipac fitting instructions.

The main beam does work when the brown wire (main beam) and the green wire (dipped) are touching each other with the earth plugged into the connector. So i know that the main beam does actually work but once the wires are put into the connector and connected to the car I only have a small beam of light for both clicks of the stalk.

Any help on this would be great. Could be me being stupid Laughing

Cheers
Post #1023299 2nd Feb 2024 11:29am
geobloke

United Kingdom 
Let this be a lesson boy and girls.

Buy right, buy once is the moral.

A good while ago now I fitted a Provent 200 to Miffy and for some unknown reason and I cannot fathom what I was thinking, I fitted plastic hose joiners Rolling with laughter What a prat...

Well you can guess what inevitably happened, the darned things warped, went square and the hoses vibrated apart. I think I remember the moment as there was a boost stutter.

So the fix is obvious, two brass straight hose connectors with serious barbs on them. They'll never vibrate loose again and just in time for the BIG snow of 2024...

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #1023817 7th Feb 2024 10:56am
geobloke

United Kingdom 
Re: Help with Wipac led headlights
DICKO1995 wrote:
Hi,

First post on here. Go easy.

Not sure if this is the right thread but any help would be ideal.

Click image to enlarge

I’m having a nightmare with fitting Wipac led headlights, should be plug and play but not that simple (for me anyway)

So my problem is that I have power to the headlights but only seem to have a low beam. With one push forward on the stalk the low beam comes on, when pressing the stalk forward again nothing changes, as if the main driving beam is not working. The full beam/flash is working and so are the DRL’s which are wired to the led sidelights.

I’ll attach a photo of the Wipac fitting instructions.

The main beam does work when the brown wire (main beam) and the green wire (dipped) are touching each other with the earth plugged into the connector. So i know that the main beam does actually work but once the wires are put into the connector and connected to the car I only have a small beam of light for both clicks of the stalk.

Any help on this would be great. Could be me being stupid Laughing

Cheers

Hello. Apologies for the slow response. Bit manic at this end with house packing.

You do not say what age vehicle you have, but from what you say it appears you are not getting 12v to the high beam terminals in the connector. First things first, I assume you have checked that the main beam fuses are still good?! If a TD5 you should be checking fuses 15, 16, 17 and 18. You should also check the relay R123 in the fuse box too.

After that the obvious culprit is the light switch itself, these are known to be fragile and degrade with time and use. May I suggest you get yourself a simple multimeter to test that you have 12v at both the dipped and main beam headlamp terminals, then work backwards to the switch. The full beam flash is a different circuit so at least you know the headlamps do work, so it must be the switch, relay or fuse.

Best I can do from here. Good luck Thumbs Up
Post #1023821 7th Feb 2024 11:19am
geobloke

United Kingdom 
Well, Miffy has been pressed into action this past few weeks as she is helping us move house. Well she couldn't just sit there idle could she Very Happy

Loaded to the fore tops and honestly you wouldn't really know, she just keeps on trucking on. I think this is one of the best things about the old Defender, it just does the job come rain come shine come stuffed to the roof with service items, spares and the garden shed Rolling with laughter

But, I couldn't leave her unrewarded now could I... Rolling with laughter

For a while now I have been thinking about removing the Puma front seats (yes I know I only refurbed them last summer) and refitting the standard TD5 seats with Techno cloth. I know it will be considered a weird decision as XS is better, right?!

Do not get me wrong the half fleather Puma seats are very smart looking but I do find that I sit perched on the seats rather than in the seats. The problem is that in winter the fleather is hard and cold, then in the summer it scalds the backs of your thighs Rolling with laughter So, yesterday whilst taking the small dog to the vets for wormers I swung by a guy that had a pair of decent looking TD5 front seats for sale. Decent price too. A quick tickle with the mini Rug Doctor carpet cleaner and they are clean once again.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

These came out of a truck cab I think as they have the plastic rubbing strips not he rear, well mostly, they need replacing as they have gone missing. The CSW versions didn't have these fitted, but did have rear pockets which I will miss. The seats are also missing one recliner handle which is not a problem. The only bad point is the worn seat base cover, the foam is still good. Not great but I will replace it. The interesting thing is that even sitting on them in the kitchen they are supremely more comfortable than the Puma seats. Each to their own I have no doubt.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Oh and they are heated as well, which is nice. Plus they will match the rear seats which never got "upgraded" to Puma XS spec.

I know this will be seen as a strange decision for some who aspire to having an XS spec Defender, but I never claimed to be "normal" Rolling Eyes
Post #1025570 22nd Feb 2024 10:09am
kenzle8a

I think the suffering/interesting life decisions Land Rover ownership comes with precludes us from normality...
Post #1025578 22nd Feb 2024 11:18am
geobloke

United Kingdom 
Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

I think Lord Haggis that should be printed on forum t-shirts Rolling with laughter
Post #1025579 22nd Feb 2024 11:20am
kenzle8a

"The Choice of The Inertersing Motorist Since 1948"
Post #1025585 22nd Feb 2024 11:53am
geobloke

United Kingdom 
Honestly it is hard not to be defined by these vehicles, but I do like what they represent very much. It is a strange old life Rolling Eyes
Post #1025639 22nd Feb 2024 9:23pm
L110CDL

England 
It is a funny old world, i had those in Millie for years until i decided to put the XS seats in Millie but i did put seat covers on all three ( Exmoor trim ones ) they are a great improvement and to me they are more comfy Very Happy 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #1025650 22nd Feb 2024 10:01pm
L110CDL

England 
lord-haggis wrote:
"The Choice of The Inertersing Motorist Since 1948"

Great quote Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #1025651 22nd Feb 2024 10:01pm
geobloke

United Kingdom 
I know I know it has been a while... But moving house and job half way across the country has been a tad all consuming Rolling with laughter

Anyway... Good news... After 22 years, 20 MOTs and more miles under her belt than is polite to state for a lady...

Click image to enlarge

And... I remembered to advise the MOT tester of the ATB diffs as well Thumbs Up
Post #1028430 18th Mar 2024 10:12am
L110CDL

England 
All good Very Happy 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #1028568 18th Mar 2024 10:59pm
geobloke

United Kingdom 
Just have to say Clay that it was wonderful to take her for a good spin down the road this morning. I suspect the poor ol Nottinghamshire commuters fear for their lives now Miffy is resident on their roads Rolling with laughter
Post #1028600 19th Mar 2024 9:27am
Screbble

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
geobloke wrote:
I know I know it has been a while... But moving house and job half way across the country has been a tad all consuming Rolling with laughter

Anyway... Good news... After 22 years, 20 MOTs and more miles under her belt than is polite to state for a lady...

Click image to enlarge

And... I remembered to advise the MOT tester of the ATB diffs as well Thumbs Up

Superbulous!
Post #1028629 19th Mar 2024 1:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 58 of 60 <123 ... 57 585960>