↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > GAP Diagnostic IIDTool Announcement
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 69 of 89 <123 ... 686970 ... 878889>
Print this entire topic · 
G4R1

United Kingdom 
aquascape wrote:
A few weeks away yet GAP said to me (currently in testing) and that the gap tool hardware would need to be upgraded

Does it mean that they are going to introduce G4 version of the tool? 3.0L MHVE D200 S Pangea Green+Black Pack
Adv. + Off-Road and Family Packs

Last edited by G4R1 on 19th Dec 2023 10:16pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #1018777 19th Dec 2023 10:09pm
aquascape

United Kingdom 
They may offer an exchange program or some way to add to the existing hardware. I’m not sure MY23 D250 Defender 110 X-Dynamic SE, Carpathian Grey, 7 Seat, Electric Towbar
Post #1018778 19th Dec 2023 10:14pm
malibu

Australia 
They seem to be a very generous company and have offered exchange programs in the past, so let's hope they continue that process.
I am still hoping for a Christmas Eve announcement of the updated tool, to get our orders happening for the new year. Though I imaging their could be some delay for them to build stock of the tool.
Post #1018779 19th Dec 2023 11:52pm
OVRLANDR

United States 
aajr wrote:
chpsk8 wrote:
One day I'm going to open this thread and its going to be an announcement about being able to clear the brake errors... someday... maybe for christmas that dream will come true... Very Happy

Here's your answer (unfortunately, not simple, as you need an additional tool, personally I'm hoping the GAP guys will find a solution)

atldef110 wrote:
Good evening everyone. I'd like to share an enlightening experience I had today while updating the settings on my Defender 110. This will sheds some light on why the GAP IID3 tool might encounter issues updating certain features, particularly Adaptive Cruise Control, Park Assist, and others. Additionally, it provides insights into the source of the Emergency Brake Assist Error.

I believe I might be echoing something discussed by a colleague in a previous post, so please pardon any repetition.

First and foremost, I extend a sincere thank you to Ralph and Sarek Auto in Virginia for their invaluable assistance in resolving this issue. Their expertise and unquestionable knowledge about the vehicle were instrumental. If you're interested in learning more about their work, you can visit https://www.sarekautowerke.com.

For context, I own a 2022 P400 Defender 110, and all features are functioning flawlessly after this update. Further confirmation may be required by conducting tests on additional models.

Now, let's dive into the good and not-so-good aspects of our GAP IID3 tool.

The positive news is that we've collectively identified the correct keys that need modification to activate the Adaptive Cruise Control and Park Assist.

Regrettably, the downside is that the current version of the GAP IID3 tool (4.2.2 Build 162) fails to communicate with the right ECU module to implement changes made through the app. Which is the Driver Assistance Domain Controller (DADC).

During our recent experience, we applied all the necessary changes via the GAP tool to enable Adaptive Cruise Control and Park Assist, uploaded the Car Configuration File (CCF) settings to the vehicle, and, as expected, encountered the Emergency Brake Assist Error immediately.

Following the changes with the GAP tool, we connected the Land Rover tool to the car, performing a single action—calibrating (rewriting) the Driver Assistance Domain Controller (DADC). This process took approximately 30 seconds, and upon the car reboot, the Emergency Brake Assist Error vanished, and all features operated correctly. https://www.lrdefender.org/speed_control_d...n-630.html

An important detail worth noting is that each car's CCF, linked to its VIN number, is stored on Land Rover's cloud. While the GAP IID tool changes the CCF locally, it doesn't update on Land Rover's cloud. If you ever need to reprogram your vehicle at the dealer, they might overwrite your local CCF with the version on their cloud, which would result on a redo of all activations. The only way to keep your changes permanently in your vehicle is uploading the new CCF to Land Rover's cloud, which apparently is only feasible with the manufacturer's tool.

In summary, we all have a remarkable and user-friendly tool that empowers us to perform various tasks, including local feature activations, error identification, real-time performance monitoring, and much more. On the other hand, as with any software, ongoing improvements are inevitable, and soon we might have the capability to write on the Driver Assistance Domain Controller (DADC) which will allow us to activate features like Adaptive Cruise Control and Park Assist.

I trust this experience helps Patrick and the team to identify the missing elements and opens doors for expanded functionalities.

Keys used for the activation.
Important: This will not work with the GAP IID3 tool (4.2.2 Build 162). The current version does not update the Driver Assistance Domain Controller (DADC), which can be updated using the dealer's version.

Adaptive Cruise Control: (I probably changed more than necessary on this one)

EUCD-023 Cruise Control
Standard: Without cruise control
Change to: Adaptive Cruise Control Stop & Go

MultiCAN-503 IntelCruiseCtrl
Standard: Not supported
Change to: ICC not fitted

MultiCAN-580 PTCruiseFitment
Standard: Normal cruise fitted
Change to: ACC with Queue Assist fitted

MultiCAN-712 ACC Lead Car Dist Disp
Standard: Not fitted
Change to: Fitted

MultiCAN-809 ACC Stop Gap Setting
Standard: Not fitted

Park Assist

EUCD-059 Parking Assistance
Standard: Without Parking Assistance
Change to: PDC (Front, Rear) - Parking (Parallel, Exit)

EUCD-099 Park Assist Camera
Standard: Without Park Assist Camera
Change to: With Park Assist Camera

EUCD-140 Pdcautoactivationmenu
Change to: With PDC Auto Activation menu

MultiCAN-469 PDCAutoActivation
Standard: Not Supported
Change to: Default OFF configurable

MultiCAN-500 PDCBtnFCIM

MultiCAN-602 PDC
Standard: PDC not fitted
Change to: 10 Channel fitted ( Park Assist)

MultiCAN-786 Park Assist
Standard: Not Fitted
Change to: Full Auto VarD (Fully automated park assist with automated steering breaking accelaration and gears)

Just this weekend I was at a Christmas party and Ralf was there as well. We discussed this exact information in detail and wanted to ask him about jlr’s cloud. If a vehicle that was never offered with the option of Park Assist is flashed to the cloud, will it be restored back to the vehicle if a reflash is needed?
Post #1018784 20th Dec 2023 12:51am
roccobarocco

Germany 
Would be interesting to see how GAP is going to solve this, hardware update or just a firmware update.

Same here, just recently purchased the G3 version, keep us up to date Smile
Post #1018837 20th Dec 2023 6:10pm
norland

So, JET right now, or GAP maybe in future with hardware updates maybe required... hmm..
Post #1018847 20th Dec 2023 7:07pm
Retroanaconda

Scotland 
aquascape wrote:
A few weeks away yet GAP said to me (currently in testing) and that the gap tool hardware would need to be upgraded

As someone who has just bought one that would be incredibly disappointing!
Post #1018849 20th Dec 2023 7:56pm
chpsk8

United States 
I think we should wait for the source to confirm before getting too deep into the weeds. First I've heard of a hardware change being needed.
Post #1018851 20th Dec 2023 8:11pm
aquascape

United Kingdom 
This is what gap told me about the current iid tool “its being tested as we speak. It involves a modified hardware version thus I shall keep you posted’ MY23 D250 Defender 110 X-Dynamic SE, Carpathian Grey, 7 Seat, Electric Towbar
Post #1018852 20th Dec 2023 8:28pm
malibu

Australia 
I have been told the same.
Post #1018864 20th Dec 2023 10:54pm
Ratledge

United States 2016 Defender 90 300 Tdi SW Auto Stornoway Grey
While it needs a hardware update, this is required from a business perspective.. It's going to enable a t least the automated park feature and the ACC also, and who knows? Maybe there is a new feature that was not even find-able without the ability to read/write that "hive" of the driver assistant ECU? It seems the updated hardware is going to be more flexible as well.
Post #1018892 21st Dec 2023 10:30am
nebc100

Luxembourg 
This is a bit annoying because I only “upgraded” from my ver2 to the ver3 of the IID tool earlier this year. A bit annoying if I now have to upgrade again!!
Post #1018893 21st Dec 2023 10:35am
PatGAPInnov
Site Sponsor

Canada 
Hi Everyone,

While the IIDTool has proven itself very reliable and adept at performing all types of functions on newer Land Rover vehicles including the L663 Defender, many of you will have noticed that a few functions including CCF/retrofits have not functioned properly. This is due to the IIDTools G3s interface which does not include the newer DoIP (diagnostics over IP) standard which leaves us with no choice but to update the hardware and introduce an IIDTool G4.

The G4 will enter into production in the coming weeks and we will be looking for beta users shortly. The IIDTool G4 will be marginally more expensive than the G3.

In order to ensure that nobody is shortchanged - especially those who have only recently purchased an IIDTool for their newer Land Rover - all IIDTool G3 users will be offered an advantageous exchange program. G3 owners who have activated their IIDTool after the 1st of October 2022 on a 2017+ car will get a special price. Others will also have an upgrade path similar to what we have done previously for G1 and G2 owners.

Please be aware, with this change to a G4 you will no longer have functionality on the 2002 to 2009 Range Rover L322. The IIDTool G3 will continue to be offered for these vehicles as well as those currently covered by this hardware. Customers will be able to choose between a G3 and G4 depending on budget and vehicle coverage requirements.

We will provide more details after the holiday break.

We would like to thank everyone for their patience and loyalty and we would especially like to thank those users who have helped us by providing feedback and helping other users in the forums Thumbs Up

Happy holidays and a great New Year to everyone! http://www.gap-diagnostic.com/
Post #1018948 21st Dec 2023 8:12pm
Chris S

Scotland 
Thanks, good to know I was about to trade in my G2 for a G3 as we have received our L663.
I will hold off for the G4.
Post #1018950 21st Dec 2023 8:58pm
chpsk8

United States 
Thank you for clarifying the need for new hardware. Looking forward to increased usability and functionality. I really like the simplicity of the current tool, can't wait to try this new version. Time to go dig up the old receipt! Mr. Green
Post #1018951 21st Dec 2023 9:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 69 of 89 <123 ... 686970 ... 878889>