↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > GAP Diagnostic IIDTool Announcement
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 53 of 86 <123 ... 525354 ... 848586>
Print this entire topic · 
marcd3301

United Kingdom 
Hi Lightning, my Defender only came with hill descent control. Changing the following gave me ATPC (discussed on page 30)

MultiCAN-476 ATPC
Original: HDC
Changed to : HDC and LSPC

I have had no issues at all with this change, but others have received various brake , or 2 wheel drive warnings.

Hope this helps. Cheers Marc
--------------------
20MY Defender 110 D240 First Edition, Gondwana Stone (enhanced with as much black as possible). Devon 4x4 winch mount, Bravo Snorkel fitted.

24MY Defender 110 D300 XS, Santorini Black.
Post #1008472 22nd Sep 2023 2:21pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
Yes I was one of them soon as I switched the LSPC on I got the emergency brake error, luckily David at Hunters Prestige was able to activate it for me with Pathfinder. Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #1008484 22nd Sep 2023 4:15pm
lightning

United Kingdom 
Were you able to restore the original settings and clear the faults until Hunters activated it for you?
Post #1008515 22nd Sep 2023 7:21pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
Yes just restore the original setting, let the car go to sleep and the fault is gone. Thumbs Up Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #1008520 22nd Sep 2023 7:31pm
lightning

United Kingdom 
Okay l'll give it a try.

The standard HDC works well but you're stuck at walking pace.
Post #1008522 22nd Sep 2023 7:32pm
Cheshire110

United Kingdom 
you can change the speed of HDC with the cruise control buttons (if you didn't know that already) but yes, doesn't go very high Cheers, David
Land Rovers of all shapes S3 onwards… Daily is a 110 V8.
Post #1008681 24th Sep 2023 1:30pm
lightning

United Kingdom 
Thank you no l didn't know that.
Post #1008683 24th Sep 2023 1:34pm
Bob Heijnen

Netherlands 
Hairy Dan wrote:
Yes I was one of them soon as I switched the LSPC on I got the emergency brake error, luckily David at Hunters Prestige was able to activate it for me with Pathfinder.

Any idea about the extra changes by David? It must be only a software setting and not a recallibration of some sensor if I understand it correctly.
Post #1008756 25th Sep 2023 6:50am
malibu

Australia 
Hi Ian, did you compare the CCF file before and after David fixed the error message?
Post #1008758 25th Sep 2023 8:13am
lightning

United Kingdom 
l imagine there's quite a bit you can do with Pathfinder that you can't do with the GAP tool.
Post #1008773 25th Sep 2023 9:57am
ODPA

United States 
malibu wrote:
Hi Ian, did you compare the CCF file before and after David fixed the error message?

That is a great question. I know several of us have compared our CCF files to look at differences. The issue with this is there are unknowns that are different but we don’t know how those differences apply or not. I compared my wife’s 130 to my 110 to facilitate some additions to the 110 but a lot of the differences are still in undefined areas. Having a file for one vehicle before and after a pathfinder change may unlock this.

Also wanted to jump back in with a general shout out to GAP again. I recently had an issue with my 110 and it was very nice having the ability to read the errors and know what was going on. Great tool for many reasons.
Post #1008812 25th Sep 2023 2:39pm
stevemfr

France 
lightning wrote:
l imagine there's quite a bit you can do with Pathfinder that you can't do with the GAP tool.

Actually, there shouldn't be any additional activations in Pathfinder.

There is still a remote possibility that there might be an activation on some obscure sub-system that we missed (reverse engineering a system as complex as a modern LR is not easy :-p). If that is the case, though, and a user contacts us, we'll add it to the IIDTool. There are 2 exceptions for the moment that have to do with our hardware configuration and we are working on a solution to be released ASAP: the activation of ACC (active cruise control) and Active Park Assist.

In general, the IIDTool can do everything that Pathfinder can - sometimes even more than Pathfinder as LR does not program in all options or make every option available on every model (where applicable). We can and often do.

We do not program every function Pathfinder has into the IIDTool, tho, as it would make it prohibitively expensive. Just so this becomes a bit more tangible: when we program a function into the IIDTool regardless if it is an activation, a live value or some other function, it needs to be defined complete with its address in the LR system, programmed and then validated on every LR vehicle we cover. Sometimes several related functions are easy to find and define and several can be done within a short period. Sometimes hours or even days will be spent getting one function to work properly. And then, prior to a new release, every function needs to be validated on every Land Rover type...

So we don't offer everything that Pathfinder does (turning on dash lights to check LEDs...). But we do offer everything that is relevant. And we do the same with all functions as we do for activations: if it is missing from the IIDTool but needed and people contact us, we'll add it. 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s,
2 FL1s and a L663 on the way
Post #1008929 26th Sep 2023 11:58am
stevemfr

France 
ODPA wrote:
...Also wanted to jump back in with a general shout out to GAP again...

Thumbs Up 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s,
2 FL1s and a L663 on the way
Post #1008930 26th Sep 2023 11:59am
lightning

United Kingdom 
Thank you for the reply, l think this tool is essential if you own a Defender. And it will be even more valuable once the vehicle warranty has expired.

Once set up it's really easy to use and the menus are intuitive. l particularly like the way it lists any changes so you can check them before you hit "OK"
Post #1008962 26th Sep 2023 3:08pm
mmbanf

Italy 
stevemfr wrote:
lightning wrote:

Actually, there shouldn't be any additional activations in Pathfinder.

There is still a remote possibility that there might be an activation on some obscure sub-system that we missed (reverse engineering a system as complex as a modern LR is not easy :-p). If that is the case, though, and a user contacts us, we'll add it to the IIDTool. There are 2 exceptions for the moment that have to do with our hardware configuration and we are working on a solution to be released ASAP: the activation of ACC (active cruise control) and Active Park Assist.

In general, the IIDTool can do everything that Pathfinder can - sometimes even more than Pathfinder as LR does not program in all options or make every option available on every model (where applicable). We can and often do.

We do not program every function Pathfinder has into the IIDTool, tho, as it would make it prohibitively expensive. Just so this becomes a bit more tangible: when we program a function into the IIDTool regardless if it is an activation, a live value or some other function, it needs to be defined complete with its address in the LR system, programmed and then validated on every LR vehicle we cover. Sometimes several related functions are easy to find and define and several can be done within a short period. Sometimes hours or even days will be spent getting one function to work properly. And then, prior to a new release, every function needs to be validated on every Land Rover type...

So we don't offer everything that Pathfinder does (turning on dash lights to check LEDs...). But we do offer everything that is relevant. And we do the same with all functions as we do for activations: if it is missing from the IIDTool but needed and people contact us, we'll add it.

Hi Steve,
We appreciate the great work done by the Gap team, and I am personally satisfied with having purchased the tool.
a lot of progress has been made, and thanks to this I have been able to make upgrades and updates on the car.
However, there are still some uncertainties, I was unable to change the tire size, I replaced the original rims with 22 rims,
Multican-597, if I modify "only 2wd" error
I replaced the front brakes, from 18 to 20 inches:
Multican-590, if I modify: serious parking brake error.
finally, to date it is not possible to enable Auto TR,
various ccf, "only 2wd" error.
Surely other users have tried other settings, according to their preferences, not always successfully.
I compared my ccf file with several cars with these original features, I modified by copying their ccf files, the errors do not disappear.
Like other users I have seen that there are still many unknown CCFs in the car, many of these change settings from car to car, my thought is that perhaps these also play a role in the settings indicated.
I haven't worked with Pathfinder yet, but it seems to allow you to change the setting without errors.

all this just for conversation and improvement, thank you for your precious work.

Cheers

Marco
Post #1008968 26th Sep 2023 3:31pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 53 of 86 <123 ... 525354 ... 848586>