↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > All EU Referendum Discussion Here
How do you intend to vote in the eu referendum on June 23rd?
Leave
60%
 60%  [88]
Remain
32%
 32%  [47]
Undecided
7%
 7%  [11]
Total Votes: 146

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 25 of 34 <123 ... 242526 ... 323334>
Print this entire topic · 
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
Yes its at 1million now!

Quote:
The benefits of leaving have already been discussed to the death

Sorry that misses the point. Yes there were campaign messages on leaving...So the campaign stated about saving 350 million and a closed boarder we open up as we want - which the leave campaigners say now isnt true.

so what im asking is now we are leaving - what are the things we are working for, whats the advantages, what are we doing? Mike
Post #543259 25th Jun 2016 11:31am
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
ickle wrote:
Looking at the petition 100 people a SECOND are signing for a 2nd referendum Shocked

Ooooh 1 million. We could keep having referendums until 'referendum fatigue' is such that only one voter turns up and puts his tick in the remain box perhaps? To all those that have signed said petition ......F off and get back to something productive! If the vote had gone the other way I would not be signing any petitions. That's the whole point about having a Democratic Society surely?

By my own admission and by nature I am a selfish individual and It's all about me!

I am 54 years of age and have never voted politically in my life. I voted for the first time Thursday for personal beliefs and reasoning.

I do not care one bit personally about those that voted to remain or indeed those that voted to leave.

I do care about me and my family.

The decision has been made.

I too am glad Jeremy Corbyn may be off and David C has seen fit to fall on his sword.

As mentioned the process is done. Personal feelings of having been aggrieved in the general populous are profound and emotions are running higher than I have ever seen before (including the Falklands war being an ex servicveman). Scaremongerers (those from the remain camp) are getting on my t1ts (slightly) with their bleating based on what has happened in the preceding 24 hours and their unhappiness about the outcome..

The advantages of leaving will become evident over time once the current mêlée is over and the dust settles. Trade with countries outside the EU will bring wealth and prosperity...PERHAPS? I do not know and neither does anyone else.

I FOR ONE WAS NOT HAPPY WITH WHAT WE HAD. THE GOVERNMENT KINDLY GAVE ME THE OPPORTUNITY BY TICKING A SINGLE BOX TO VOTE FOR CHANGE. THIS I DID. I WAS NOT INFLUENCED BY EITHER CAMPAIGN.

If that change transpires that it was not the right decision our democracy allows the voting populous to influence further changes.

WE NEED TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS FIRST.

I for one am excited with anticipation of what may lie ahead. I have not felt that excitement about our Country ever before. If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!

Last edited by K9F on 25th Jun 2016 11:46am. Edited 2 times in total
Post #543260 25th Jun 2016 11:36am
X4SKP

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Stornoway Grey
Too late Yes...

But the 3.8% difference between the Leave and Remain vote, is not the reported 'clear decision' in my opinion.

This can only be a protest vote surely... Question

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

11.30 am 25th June 2016 SKIP
https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic83242.html

Last edited by X4SKP on 25th Jun 2016 12:03pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #543262 25th Jun 2016 11:45am
K9F

^^^^^^

"To implement 'a rule'

What friggin' rule. A rule that states if the result is not as you would have wished you pluck a few figures out of the air and rewrite the rules introducing a margin between winner and loser?

I'll try that one next time at the dogs when I lose.

If all signatories in the remain camp were to sign it another petition could be raised from the leave camp to uphold the original democratic process Referendum Result. Will it change anything? Errrr NO!

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Last edited by K9F on 25th Jun 2016 11:55am. Edited 2 times in total
Post #543264 25th Jun 2016 11:50am
Lost for Words

Actually it's a 3.8% difference. Under the circumstances, I think that's pretty clear, probably more so than we were expecting. Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK
Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto HSE Zambezi Silver
Post #543265 25th Jun 2016 11:51am
Laurie

England 2005 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Bonatti Grey

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  
Post #543268 25th Jun 2016 12:02pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
K9F

My other half mentioned that cartoon not 20 minutes ago.

Great post Laurie.....Thank you from me! Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #543269 25th Jun 2016 12:04pm
Birdy

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
“I do not care one bit personally about those that voted to remain or indeed those that voted to leave. I do care about me and my family”

Yup, and an immediate consequence for me of BREXIT concerns the Court of Justice's ruling in Case C-558/10, namely that my pension “cannot be taxed either directly or indirectly by a Member State and is withdrawn from the tax sovereignty of Member States...”

So when the UK is no longer a Member State, unless I wish to contribute over twenty grand a year to HMRC and five grand National Insurance so they can “re-distribute my wealth” to benefit scroungers (don't I pay enough into the coffers with 20% VAT on everything I buy?), I've no option other than within the next two years to move permanently into my holiday gaff and become yet another expat living in the South of France.

“The decision has been made”

Exactly, whatever one says about the UK, it IS a democracy, and the majority voted to leave; I'm only disappointed that the Prime Minister didn't show real courage and say “I was always of the opinion that it was better to stay within the EU, but for the remainder of my term I will ensure that the transition is made as painlessly as possible”.

Peter

ps Anybody wanna buy a house in Norfolk and a 2.4 Land Rover at knock-down prices?

Last edited by Birdy on 25th Jun 2016 1:41pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #543288 25th Jun 2016 1:29pm
K9F

Should France also leave it will make no difference surely? All rumour and conjecture admittedly but as stated it is interesting times and there aren't many guarantees about anything from where I'm sat at the moment? If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #543289 25th Jun 2016 1:34pm
Cupboard

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 HT Corris Grey
The arguments that were key to the whole leave campaign, the arguments that got millions of people to to vote leave, have been dismissed by the people that the arguments supported as incorrect.

And you don't think there's something wrong there?

We're all selfish in our own little ways but I aspire to be better than selfish.
Post #543291 25th Jun 2016 1:43pm
Birdy

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Then I'll move to Germany. After all, isn't Germany and its Berlin Motor Works the secret power behind the machinations of European domination, with Frau Merkel the anti-Christ?

Peter
Post #543292 25th Jun 2016 1:44pm
need4speed

Pickles i understand your point - every country on the globe has its share of immigrants. The big difference between the UK (before leaving the EU) and Australia for example, is that Australian people vote and decide on what happens in their own country. That has not been the case here. We have been dictated to by a bunch of idiots in another country.

So yes, i understand other countries have their problems. But at least Australia (and other countries outside the EU) decides its own fate. Unless im missing something..
Post #543293 25th Jun 2016 1:50pm
K9F

Birdy wrote:
Then I'll move to Germany.......

Rolling with laughter

Germany may not be a wise option either perhaps? I think many of the EU governing bodies were fearful of possible dissent in their own backyards if we went out? My late Mother was German and from the phone calls I received from relatives it wouldn't surprise me if they will also call for their own referendum too? They are glad we have made a stand and are happy for me. They too are strong willed with harsh opinions. Such is their will that in my experience most of the western German populous were glad when the Berlin Wall came down, I was stationed there at the time, subsequently as their realisation dawned of the consequences most would now agree that the fall of the Berlin Wall was not so good after all. Not good for them! They had no choice in that instance, given choice they would rebuild it tomorrow.

My son was 'in' my daughter first 'in' then 'out.' My son is aggrieved and sulking....situation normal. My daughter has reservations about the choice she has made. I have told them both to wipe their minges and move on. The rest of the closer family were 'out.'

I am excited about any forthcoming changes. I voted for change and as with everything there will be both positives and negatives. I shall address them all as best I can when they happen. As with any mass stampede there is a huge cloud of dust obscuring everything from sight. Time will tell once the dust settles if the environment we find ourselves in is better from where we stampeded from. No real point speculating about the UK's position or standing in the overall scheme of things at this moment in time. If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Last edited by K9F on 25th Jun 2016 2:16pm. Edited 3 times in total
Post #543299 25th Jun 2016 2:06pm
Leviathan

United Kingdom 
I am sick and tired of bleating, sore losers throughout the media.

They imply that those that voted out are somehow less educated, or racist, or 'little englanders', or northern, or elderly, etc etc etc.

Dont they get it, even now?
Post #543300 25th Jun 2016 2:07pm
The Hulk

Scotland 1997 Defender 110 300 Tdi HT Aintree Green
need4speed wrote:
The big difference between the UK (before leaving the EU) and Australia for example, is that Australian people vote and decide on what happens in their own country. That has not been the case here. We have been dictated to by a bunch of idiots in another country.

Considering your stance on the Scottish question, that's a pretty ironic statement Rolling with laughter Mid Life; Live It!

Ongoing thread: http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic45697.html
110 300Tdi Utility (Hulk)
90 300Tdi SW (GF's Tank)
Post #543301 25th Jun 2016 2:09pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 25 of 34 <123 ... 242526 ... 323334>