↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > All EU Referendum Discussion Here
How do you intend to vote in the eu referendum on June 23rd?
Leave
60%
 60%  [88]
Remain
32%
 32%  [47]
Undecided
7%
 7%  [11]
Total Votes: 146

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 26 of 34 <123 ... 252627 ... 323334>
Print this entire topic · 
need4speed

Right. Im having a rant. Ive just read about this stupid "petition" whereby a load of ******* hippies like those below want a 2nd referendum.

Its obviously true about society "dumbing down" At least if this lot pictured above are anything to go by.

I would be interested to know the age range of these idiots petitioning for a 2nd referendum.....

I wish this lot would wind their ******* necks in and just accept the result. You cant just keep having referendum after referendum until you get the result your after. Thats not how things work.

I hope this petition is very quickly quashed and shown the contempt it deserves.
Post #543303 25th Jun 2016 2:13pm
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
Martin wrote:
Anyone asked LR when they're restarting Defender production? Laughing Wink

Perhaps, this is why JLR have waited so long to put a Defender replacement into production Laughing , just waiting for a leave vote so they can continue to roll out the old model… Whistle For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #543304 25th Jun 2016 2:20pm
AndyS

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Sumatra Black
OK, my prediction...

Remember a referendum isn't binding in itself, it's an opinion of the people. The Government will honour the referendum because it'd be political suicide not to, but they can initiate it at their own pace and when it suits them. Therefore...

Scotland wants to remain in the EU and will have another referendum and vote to leave the UK. However, Scotland won't want to leave the EU as part of the UK Brexit then re-join later because to join the EU means you have to have the Euro as your currency and Scotland doesn't want to be that far away from the UK that it'd want to ditch the pound and have the Euro. So the new Brexit PM will stall the activation of Article 50 until after Scotland has decided, that'll be three/four years down the road and then they'd activate Article 50 and have another two years of exit talks to finalise the Brexit deal. That gives the UK parliament plenty of time to sort trade deals, review laws etc etc.
Post #543308 25th Jun 2016 2:37pm
boode

England 2003 Defender 90 Td5 HT Rutland Red
I think we need a referendum to get this Post closed for good

The actual referendum has caused enough damage by splitting the country
Its now doing the same to Defender Drivers

Lets just agree that the Leave camp will continue to see the future through Rose tinted specks
And the remain camp will see the future with doom and depression

Who is right ? only time will tell

BUT PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD
Post #543309 25th Jun 2016 2:42pm
ickle

France 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Alpine White
So the ins think the outs are 'They imply that those that voted out are somehow less educated, or racist, or 'little englanders', or northern, or elderly, etc etc etc.

And the outs who think the ins (& outs who are now having second thoughts as theirs was a protest vote) and want another vote with clearer margins and firm promises are a load of ******* hippies like those below want a 2nd referendum.

1,520,883 Hippies and counting! There's some sweeping statements and what must be a lot of free love about!

PEACE!
Post #543310 25th Jun 2016 2:43pm
gilarion

Quote:

One person’s opinion, or do you want a poll Whistle For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

Post #543311 25th Jun 2016 2:45pm
Laurie

England 2005 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Bonatti Grey
Was just in Tesco, when the cashier asked the foreign couple in front of me if they needed help packing their bags.
I thought, blow me! That started quicker than I expected..... 
Post #543315 25th Jun 2016 3:24pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
gilarion

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

Post #543316 25th Jun 2016 3:45pm
boode

England 2003 Defender 90 Td5 HT Rutland Red
gilarion wrote:
Quote:

One person’s opinion, or do you want a poll Whistle

If you read my post I actually asked for a Referendum Thumbs Up
Post #543317 25th Jun 2016 3:51pm
Muddybigdog

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
I just can't wait until Boris & Farage roll up in Brussels to negotiate our exit strategy doors will fall off their car, smoke will bellow from the engines, fireworks popping from the exhaust, the clown routine commences, Merkel, Junckers and others will p*** themselves laughing. The only conservative MP that's impressed me is Ruth Davidson, as for Labour politicians they appear to have gone all love, peace and hair grease, still stuck in 1972, who will have the kahunas to go toe to toe with the Eurocrats, where they want to show other potential exit countries any deals will not be as good, hey ho!! Jumped ship to reliability - Mitsubishi L200
Puma 90 XS - Sold
D3 - 2.7 S x2 (both Sold)
Freelander 2 HSE - Sold
Freelander 1 - Sold
Disco 2 - Sold
Post #543318 25th Jun 2016 3:57pm
gilarion

boode wrote:
gilarion wrote:
Quote:

One person’s opinion, or do you want a poll Whistle

If you read my post I actually asked for a Referendum Thumbs Up

boode wrote:
I think we need a referendum to get this Post closed for good

Oh! God, I could not stand another referendum Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

Post #543319 25th Jun 2016 4:01pm
need4speed

Muddybigdog wrote:
I just can't wait until Boris & Farage roll up in Brussels to negotiate our exit strategy doors will fall off their car, smoke will bellow from the engines, fireworks popping from the exhaust, the clown routine commences, Merkel, Junckers and others will p*** themselves laughing. The only conservative MP that's impressed me is Ruth Davidson, as for Labour politicians they appear to have gone all love, peace and hair grease, still stuck in 1972, who will have the kahunas to go toe to toe with the Eurocrats, where they want to show other potential exit countries any deals will not be as good, hey ho!!

Let me tell you something. Regardless of your personal feelings towards boris and nigel, the eurocrats will not be pi**ing themselves laughing. They are shi*ing themselves. As well they should......
Post #543325 25th Jun 2016 4:49pm
need4speed

Taken from BBC.

By Ian Watson, political correspondent
The fact that more than one and a half million people have signed a petition calling for a second EU petition has attracted a lot of attention - but it has zero chance of being enacted.

The main reason is that it is asking for retrospective legislation. It suggests another referendum is required because the winning side got less than 60% of the vote, and there was less than a 75% turnout.
You can have thresholds in referendums.

The 1979 referendum to set up a Scottish parliament failed because a clause was inserted in to the legislation requiring more than 40% of all eligible voters - not just those taking part - to agree to devolution before it took place.
But that clause came in advance - everyone was clear about the rules. You can't simply invent new hurdles if you are on the losing side.

The other reason is that if a petition gets more than 100,000 signatures it can then - with the agreement of a committee of MPs - be debated in Parliament, but there is no legal obligation to act on it.
Post #543329 25th Jun 2016 4:58pm
Muddybigdog

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
As soon as the UK hits the green button for Article 50, the power shifts from UK to Brussels, again. Placing the fore mentioned in the drivers seat, with so many unknowns I'm s***ing myself Neutral Jumped ship to reliability - Mitsubishi L200
Puma 90 XS - Sold
D3 - 2.7 S x2 (both Sold)
Freelander 2 HSE - Sold
Freelander 1 - Sold
Disco 2 - Sold
Post #543332 25th Jun 2016 5:06pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Loved how the news lot the same night beforee votes even counted especially the Peston fool going. "Looooooksss likkkkke AA cleeeaarrr leaaaadd fooorrr reeeemaaainnn theeerre" Rolling with laughter

Rolling with laughter
And the "Soooo caaaalled Brexiiiiittt".

That show he speaks too. Rolling with laughter
No rose tinted specs here in the UK, just RED, WHITE & BLUE! Cool Mr. Green Cool Mr. Green
Post #543336 25th Jun 2016 5:19pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 26 of 34 <123 ... 252627 ... 323334>