↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > GAP Diagnostic IIDTool Announcement
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 32 of 84 <123 ... 313233 ... 828384>
Print this entire topic · 
marcd3301

United Kingdom 
Here's a tricky one which I seek the knowledge of the forum on. I've activated (or at least believe I have) ambient lighting:

EUCD-240 Ambient Lighting
Tri colour fitted, auto button enabled (and tried all other options)

and installed the passenger side, driver side, and centre (floor) console LEDs. I now have the function via Pivi, but still the LEDs refuse to illuminate. I've checked fuses (FL1 + FL3), but no joy. Has anybody else tried and been successful? I'm not sure if this is a CCF issue or connectivity, but I don't want to start chasing wires if somebody else is able to help.

Cheers Cheers Marc
--------------------
20MY Defender 110 D240 First Edition, Gondwana Stone (enhanced with as much black as possible). Devon 4x4 winch mount, Bravo Snorkel fitted.

24MY Defender 110 D300 XS, Santorini Black.
Post #993633 22nd May 2023 3:35pm
mmbanf

Italy 
HI,
It's an upgrade I'm also thinking about, so thanks for the info.
the ambient lights on the 90 are also present on the doors, in two points, near the handle and in the glove compartment.
one hypothesis could be that the system detects an incorrect impedance if all the ambient lights are not connected.

Marco
Post #993730 23rd May 2023 6:29am
mmbanf

Italy 

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

high-level ambient is provided only for the two front pairs
in addition to those of the dashboard and console
Post #993731 23rd May 2023 6:44am
marcd3301

United Kingdom 
mmbanf wrote:
HI,
It's an upgrade I'm also thinking about, so thanks for the info.
the ambient lights on the 90 are also present on the doors, in two points, near the handle and in the glove compartment.
one hypothesis could be that the system detects an incorrect impedance if all the ambient lights are not connected.

Marco

Hi Marco,

The full ambient lighting solution for the 110 also includes small LEDs in front and rear handles and door bins. I hadn't considered an impedance difference, however the wiring diagrams (technical) on Topix don't indicate that one may be present. I'll keep this updated as I progress, so that the full CCF and hardware change can be added to the list (once I'm successful).

Cheers, Marc Cheers Marc
--------------------
20MY Defender 110 D240 First Edition, Gondwana Stone (enhanced with as much black as possible). Devon 4x4 winch mount, Bravo Snorkel fitted.

Post #993734 23rd May 2023 7:46am
mmbanf

Italy 
Hello Marco,
so if I understand correctly, you have updated the CCF, you see the ambient lights screen on the pivi, you have connected the three LEDs, two on the dashboard and one in the console, these do not light up, but do the other lights, feet and doors stay on?
Was it difficult to install the light in the center console? Was the connector present?

Cheers

Marco
Post #993776 23rd May 2023 4:37pm
marcd3301

United Kingdom 
The centre console (side and upper) removal to access to connector is time consuming but doable. I'm removing again this weekend to add new wireless charger. I could take some pics if useful?

To answer your questions, yes all other lights remain illuminated (white light only as ambient lights not fitted).

Connector is fitted and easy to find:

https://www.defender2.net/gallery/albums/u...ation1.bmp

CCF config as described is copied from a working (factory fitted) ambient light spec.

Hope this helps[/img] Cheers Marc
--------------------

Post #993824 24th May 2023 7:55am
lightning

United Kingdom 
marcd3301 wrote:
It's nowhere near as complex as it first seems. A logical flow to register and activate, a little bit of backwards and forwards in the user guide but nothing too onerous. Take the leap, it's worth it.

Thumbs Up

l've downloaded the app and registered.

Do l have to then connect the tool to the vehicle? On a search it finds the tool but then it tries to connect to the vehicle which it obviously can't do because it's not plugged in.

Also the "USB connection to the computer" l can't do because my ipad mini has no USB ports.
Post #993975 25th May 2023 12:33pm
marcd3301

United Kingdom 
I'm sure that other folk on here may be more helpful, but from my experience just follow the printed instructions which include when to connect to computer and vehicle etc.

As for using a device without USB, I have no idea how you'll achieve the necessary Firmware updates etc as this is reliant on a hardwire connection via USB as far as I can tell.

Cheers,

Marc Cheers Marc
--------------------

Post #994003 25th May 2023 3:25pm
lightning

United Kingdom 
l can register on my laptop it was just that it said the GAP tool was compatible with the ipad and could use bluetooth

Maybe it means compatible for use with a ipad once it's been registered and the software updated where required?
Post #994016 25th May 2023 5:38pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
You will need to connect it to a computer to update firmware etc but once that is done you can just use your Ipad, plug the tool into the car and open the app on your ipad, connect to the tool and you should be good to go. You will need the GAP Updater to load firmware etc, you can download it from here

https://www.gap-diagnostic.com/my-account/...wDownloads

You may need to be logged into the website to be able to download it. To update your firmware follow the instructions

How To Update
1. If you haven't done so already, please download IIDTool Updater and install it.
2. Start the IIDTool Updater.
3. Plug your IIDTool into the USB port of your computer and wait about 10 seconds.
4. Click on the 'Find Device' button. If your device is plugged in correctly and your computer connected to the Internet, you will soon see information about your device.
5. Click on 'Updates...'. If you don't have the latest firmware version, it will be detected and you will be asked to update. Click Yes.
6. To update your IIDTool, press the 'Program Firmware' button.
7. To view the latest instructions for your device firmware, click on 'Manual' and a PDF document will open in your favorite internet browser Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #994024 25th May 2023 6:29pm
Hairy Dan

Hairy Dan wrote:

MultiCAN-770 Remote Release Tailgate
Enabled
This will make the rear door pop open when you press the button on the key fob BUT on mine it pops open and then the soft close mechanism grabs it and closes it again Rolling with laughter

Just an update on this, I've just completed a 3 day coast to coast trip on green lanes and camped in the car for 2 nights, on a morning with my feet against the rear door and a click on the fob the rear door pops open to reveal the countryside and it doesn't 'wake' the car up Thumbs Up Cheers Ian
--------------------
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #994044 25th May 2023 10:12pm
forzahog

United States 2016 Defender 110 Other Works V8 Auto Fuji White
That's great! Sounds like a nice trip too. 20MY Defender 110 Fuji White
Post #994058 25th May 2023 10:52pm
Nicofender

Germany 
Beautiful!
Post #994095 26th May 2023 9:21am
Hairy Dan

I've been doing a bit of testing today trying to get TR2 and configurable TR working without the Emergency Brake Fault, well I seem to have cracked configurable TR at least Confused .

MultiCAN-736 Config TR Fitment - Not Configured > change to Off Road Configuration

MultiCAN-755 Config TR Mode - Not available for selection > Change to Available for selection with timeout

This gives me the extra icon on the pivi screen and the ability to create a new profile for terrain response Thumbs Up Cheers Ian
--------------------
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #994351 29th May 2023 12:18am
kenl

Australia 
Good work Dan

I had compared Marcs CCf to my own and come up with the same differences but have not tried them yet.

I also had:
MultiCAN-754 Auto TR Prog Mode == Fitted as a thing to change?

Anyways, you have given me insperation to try tomorrow, I will report back Thumbs Up Thumbs Up MY23.5 SE Defender
Post #994374 29th May 2023 12:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 32 of 84 <123 ... 313233 ... 828384>