Home > General & Technical (L663) > GAP Diagnostic IIDTool Announcement
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 31 of 80 <123 ... 303132 ... 787980>
Print this entire topic · 
marcd3301

United Kingdom 
tooth_dr wrote:
marcd3301 wrote:
I have not identified anyone talking about ATPC (specifically ATPC not TR2).

Hi Marc. What is ATPC?

Exactly what Ian said. Cheers Marc
--------------------
20MY Defender 110 D240 First Edition, Gondwana Stone (enhanced with as much black as possible).

19.5MY Discovery D240 HSE Lux, Black
Post #992588 14th May 2023 1:19pm
kenl

Australia 
I wasn't even aware of it until Marc brought it up on here, it reminds me a bit of early Land Rovers that had a hand throttle that could be set. I don't know if it was standard or an add on? Anyways I used them a few times on very rough roads where it was impossible to keep any kind of steady pressure on the accelerator pedal.

Great thing!!
Post #992595 14th May 2023 2:12pm
jlrogers

United States 
Anyone played around with turning off Engine Noise Cancel? My Defender arrives in a couple of weeks and hoping to start upgrading the sound system. Hoping to be able to turn off the Engine Noice Cancel and/or Active Noise Cancel (can't find any reference to ANC in CCF files)

MultiCAN-683 EngineNoiseCancel
Not Supported
Post #992596 14th May 2023 2:47pm
marcd3301

United Kingdom 
kenl wrote:
I wasn't even aware of it until Marc brought it up on here, it reminds me a bit of early Land Rovers that had a hand throttle that could be set. I don't know if it was standard or an add on? Anyways I used them a few times on very rough roads where it was impossible to keep any kind of steady pressure on the accelerator pedal.

Great thing!!

Really pleased to have been of help. As you say over rough terrain where a steady pressure on the accelerator is needed, ATPC is a really useful tool.

On a side note, when I checked with Patrick about inclusion in the beta he confirmed that the beta phase is over if buying new tools as its all part of the update when you are registering/activating. Cheers Marc
--------------------
20MY Defender 110 D240 First Edition, Gondwana Stone (enhanced with as much black as possible).

Post #992608 14th May 2023 4:44pm
marcd3301

United Kingdom 
Hairy Dan wrote:
I would say with mine it seems to stiffen the suspension and adds weight to the steering it also seems to pull better from take off. The only thing with mine is that my dials don't turn red. Sad If you pm me also with your ccf file I'll have a look at it compared to mine Thumbs Up

Hi Ian, did you ever manage to get your red dials? I seem to be in the same situation, all functionality is there, but the snazzy red dials just won't appear. Cheers Marc
--------------------

Post #992750 15th May 2023 5:28pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
Hi Marc, unfortunately not I am still without red dials, hopefully the GAP team will work it out eventually Thumbs Up Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #992783 15th May 2023 8:17pm
kenl

Australia 

Click image to enlarge

[quote="
Really pleased to have been of help. As you say over rough terrain where a steady pressure on the accelerator is needed, ATPC is a really useful tool.

[/quote]

I have had to remove ATPC from my CCF it would work but it caused a braking fault that stopped the cruise control amongst other things from work. The fault was quite difficult to clear as well.

Click image to enlarge
 MY23.5 SE Defender
Post #992912 16th May 2023 10:06pm
Hairy Dan

MultiCAN-476 when you change it from HDC to HDC and LSPC can cause an emergency brake fault on some cars (mine included) To clear the error you have to change MultiCAN-476 back to HDC only and then lock the car up and leave it for 15-20 minutes, when you go back to the car reboot your pivi system by holding the on/off knob in until your pivi screen goes blank and re-boots. This should clear the fault Thumbs Up Cheers Ian
--------------------
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #992913 16th May 2023 10:14pm
marcd3301

United Kingdom 
Hi All,

I was again attempting to activate ACC when It struck me that the copies of various CCF that I have been using as a guide are woefully out of date given the way the IID has developed and increased visible features.

To try and assist others, please find below a link to my most recent download of CCF config, which includes all aspects that make up the Off Road Capability Pack. Most of this was factory fitted, less APTC which has now been added by me:

MultiCAN-476 ATPC
Original: HDC
Changed to : HDC and LSPC

No warnings, no loss of other functionality. 15 min wait required, no Pivi reset.

Please feel free to use the below config capture as necessary and I hope it helps:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k5kja04rbh9oe4t/...e.pdf?dl=0

If somebody who has factory fitted ACC, and has the most up to date IID software could return the favour with a recent config capture, it will be really appreciated.

Cheers Marc. Cheers Marc
--------------------

Post #992942 17th May 2023 9:23am
Hairy Dan

I've just pm'd you a copy of my ccf file over, it's in 2 messages as the forum seems to have a limit on how big a message can be Thumbs Up Cheers Ian
--------------------
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #992946 17th May 2023 10:36am
marcd3301

United Kingdom 
You're a star thanks Ian. Thumbs Up

Cheers Marc Cheers Marc
--------------------

Post #992950 17th May 2023 10:43am
lightning

United Kingdom 
l must get around to trying my GAP tool, it's been sat in the workshop for two weeks while l pluck up the courage to go through the 35 page setup process !!
Post #992964 17th May 2023 12:52pm
marcd3301

United Kingdom 
It's nowhere near as complex as it first seems. A logical flow to register and activate, a little bit of backwards and forwards in the user guide but nothing too onerous. Take the leap, it's worth it.

Thumbs Up Cheers Marc
--------------------

Post #992965 17th May 2023 12:58pm
Hairy Dan

lightning wrote:
l must get around to trying my GAP tool, it's been sat in the workshop for two weeks while l pluck up the courage to go through the 35 page setup process !!

As Marc says it's quite straightforward to use, once you have activated it with GAP give this a try. I posted a video a while back about how to change the startup screen to the James Bond one, a nice easy change, the video was shot in real time (apart from the 20 minutes wait time) so why don't you follow the video and try that.

If you don't want the James Bond startup screen you can easily change it back by changing the setting again or you can restore the original ccf file to get you back to where you started. Thumbs Up Cheers Ian
--------------------
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #992968 17th May 2023 1:15pm
mmbanf

Italy 
Error abs, parking brake assistance
I was thinking about the abs epb error, which often appears when editing ccf files, I've had this error in different situations:
when I changed the brake system type, from 18 inch to 20 inch.
when i tried to configure acc
when i tried to configure auto terrain response, or terrain response 2.

the problem could perhaps be that the car automatically inserts epb when it is parked, perhaps for safety reasons the abs control unit is not coded.
Has anyone tried the configurations, first bringing the abs and epb braking system into service mode?
could be an idea, weekend I'll do a test
Post #992984 17th May 2023 2:31pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 31 of 80 <123 ... 303132 ... 787980>