Home > Puma (Tdci) > JLR SDD Tool
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
landhank

Germany 
JLR SDD Tool
Good morning,

as mentioned, here is new topic about the diagnostic tool. Would be great to learn something about it and get some informations from members already using that tool.

I ordered one yesterday and will come up with some reports as soon as it arrives.

Regards
Landhank
Post #947596 31st Mar 2022 9:36am
Angus_Beef

Norway 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Corris Grey
Im quite curious about this as well and when I google, get a fair few results.

Which one did you order and whats the thought behind it? Roaming around 🇳🇴🇨🇭
Post #947600 31st Mar 2022 10:01am
itsdashy

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 PU Orkney Grey
This does seem to be a bit of a minefield as it is with most cloned cables.

Easiest way I've found is to get a dedicated laptop. I use an old Lenovo circa 2012 that accepts 16GB ram and a decent size SSD, good for Virtualbox and not stabbing yourself waiting for it to do something. DVD and a serial port are also a massive bonus.

Universal laptop car and mains charger. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002365361753.html

I'm currently awaiting a V160 cable from https://www.obdexpress.co.uk/wholesale/jlr...rover.html

Various versions of IDS/DSS from the Jag thead https://www.jaguarforum.com/threads/jaguar...ll.108460/

[/url]
Post #947629 31st Mar 2022 3:42pm
matchap801

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 CSW Zermatt Silver
Hi all. I use a Mongoose Cable from eBay and v160 of the SDD software. I couldn’t get the VM aware software to work with the cable, but the cable came with a useful CD!
Have managed to sort a few issues on my 2009 90 CSW.
I do have a few questions though?
1. Does anyone know how to extract the EKA code using the SDD?
2. When I go into the security settings (can’t give any more info as away with work at the moment) it asks for a security code? Does anyone know what this is or how to get it?
Good luck all with your endeavours and tinkering.
Mat 2009 Defender 90 CSW 2.4 TDCI.
Ex Army Mechanic still living the dream.
Post #947645 31st Mar 2022 7:19pm
Ianh

United Kingdom 
To put into context, we started conversing on this subject in another topic https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic82813.html

However we thought we really should hold the conversation under a separate topic with an appropriate title.

The conversation went like this.

Ianh wrote:
Before going down the Nanocom route for a 2.2 I would read this https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic80973...om+working

Inaccurate display of sensor readings.
Inability to code injectors
Issues with ALM ECU support.

All above still need addressing.

Looking on line some companies are selling the JLR SDD system plus cable that you can run on your own laptop. Some of these say you get a lifetime license but no idea what that means, but given our vehicles went out of production in 2016 and they say the installed version is at a 2021 build I don’t suppose we will need any updates.

Anyone have such a system and can advise on how well it performs.

itsdashy wrote:
Ace, that was what I was trying to avoid with the Nanocom.

I have a Mongoose nee Mangoose cable coming from https://www.obdexpress.co.uk/wholesale/jlr...rover.html

And I've got IDS/DSS from the Jag thead https://www.jaguarforum.com/threads/jaguar...ll.108460/

Thanks to matchap801

I shall probably make a thread on how all this works/fails miserably when it arrives.

landhank wrote:
Yer. Would be nice to know if or how it works. The tool looks not too bad at first glance.

Ianh wrote:
I’m really interested the in results on how mongoose cable plus ids/SDD works, after all it is the dealer system.
Looking at the links provided I have an idea that the SDD130 version available covers vehicles up to 2012, so would cover the 2.4 but not necessarily the 2.2, there are however later versions of SDD out there that go up o 2020.
Lots more research to do.

itsdashy wrote:
According to some more knowledgeable people v154/7 is the one to go for on the 2.2 as it doesn't want to ask online. I shall find out.

matchap801 wrote:
Itsdashy. My Mongoose cable arrived today. The older version IDS software in VMWARE didn’t work (USB ISSUE). However. The software supplied in CD worked a treat. Lots of tinkering with my CSW this afternoon and very pleased
Does anyone know if it’s possible to get the EKA Key code using this cable and IDS SDD?

Now everyone is up to speed. I think this bit of research could really come up trumps in the end.
Post #947647 31st Mar 2022 7:31pm
landhank

Germany 
Angus_Beef wrote:
Im quite curious about this as well and when I google, get a fair few results.

Which one did you order and whats the thought behind it?

I ordered a V160 cable as well and because it should come with the software ill try to run it on an older laptop ive already here.

Iam always on the search for a good diagnostic tool for an 2.2l engine. Ok. Its to good to be true to get a system for less than 100€, but thats why ill try to find out.
Post #947664 1st Apr 2022 5:10am
itsdashy

Right. My cable has arrived and I have made it work on the latest x64 Win 10 build. I'll document this and give links later.

However, I'm trying to do a VCV and pilot relearn and can't find this anywhere even when using the straight engineers interface without the diagnostics. Does anyone know which routine to set off?
Post #950242 23rd Apr 2022 4:03pm
matchap801

Well done. It’s quite a strange system to use. From what I can see and have rad, there is NOT a VCV relearn process. I did cheat and have paid for the FORSCAN software on IOS and that did the pilot learn! 2009 Defender 90 CSW 2.4 TDCI.
Post #950244 23rd Apr 2022 4:11pm
itsdashy

Unfortunately for us 2.2 owners Forscan is but a dream.
Post #950245 23rd Apr 2022 4:15pm
matchap801

Indeed. Away on holiday. I will try and add my SDD experience on my return. Thanks. Mat 2009 Defender 90 CSW 2.4 TDCI.
Post #950281 23rd Apr 2022 8:44pm
landhank

Germany 
itsdashy wrote:
Right. My cable has arrived and I have made it work on the latest x64 Win 10 build. I'll document this and give links later.

However, I'm trying to do a VCV and pilot relearn and can't find this anywhere even when using the straight engineers interface without the diagnostics. Does anyone know which routine to set off?

My cable arrived as well, but unfortunately i wont get it run. Its a Win7 system. Using Internet Explorer 11 it comes up with a localhost problem as soon as i try to get into the diagnostics, using Internet Explorer 9 it says that my bowser wont work with active x and iam not able to fix it.
Post #950353 24th Apr 2022 5:22pm
matchap801

There are quite a few good support notes on one of the Jaguar Forums (I am away on holiday so can’t get direct to them). Search for something like — jaguar SDD forum —

It may also be worth typing the error message into Google with Landrover (or Jaguar) SDD. I am sure the error will have been seen and fixed before! 2009 Defender 90 CSW 2.4 TDCI.
Post #950415 25th Apr 2022 8:51am
Ianh

United Kingdom 
Just thought I would ask if there are any updates on the SDD tool and if any other forum members have any experience with it.
Post #959365 24th Jul 2022 1:15pm
itsdashy

Yup, I got it all working on Win 10 x64 however it has turned out to be pretty much useless for what I want. It seemingly cannot do injector pilot learn or pump learn. Coupled with the fact it's a nightmare to navigate and understand and you can see why many have bowled in with enthusiasm only to just give up.

I've even unlocked the straight-talking engineer's menu and even that's a head-scratcher.

If anyone can point me in the direction of a pump learn it would be handy as I've had all my injectors tested/cleaned and would like to cross this one off the list.
Post #959459 25th Jul 2022 1:06pm
matchap801

I tried to use the virtual version 1.38 originally - no joy. Downloaded v1.59 and it worked. Used v1.60 that came with the adapter and it worked well. I tried v1.61 and there were lots of Internet Explorer errors. Tried v1.62 and it works. Following a laptop rebuild have gone back to v1.60 and it all works including the engineers code element for a deeper dive. Laptop is Win 10 x64 latest service packs.
What I have realised is that the functions on my 2009 Puma are very limited - no ABS, TC etc.
I did get the injecter learn to function after lots of attempts - engine too hot, cold, mains charger / battery not charged enough.
I have also used FORSCAN with a Bluetooth obd plug in- this came with diagnostic software that works on other cars as well.
In summary, SDD works for me, but functions are so limited. Good to have in case of real issues though. 2009 Defender 90 CSW 2.4 TDCI.
Post #959467 25th Jul 2022 1:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>